Started on: 09-21-2014 05:48 PM
Replies: 31 (2198 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 10-12-2018 08:27 AM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My goal in developing a new F40 shifter and cable option was to take a clean sheet approach and come up with a stronger, better fitting, and better shifting shifter/cable setup for the F40. Having already broken a Getrag Select cable (used as a Shift Cable) and experienced what I determined was cable buckling on WOT 3rd gear up-shifts, I needed something different for my personal Fiero and have decided to add these parts to my Fieroguru Performance LLC product line.

F40 Shifter - $125 Shipped in the US - $25 shipping surcharge to Canada.
This bracket uses Rodney's Isuzu Shift Cable and his Getrag Select cables. The Isuzu Shift cable is 30% thicker than the Getrag Select cable and has a 2 1/2" throw, so it is stronger and buckle free even on the most aggressive up-shifts. The bracket is very rigid in the direction of cable travel and the cable mounts are machined split collars that engage the specific grooves in each cable mounting boss.

5 Speed Reverse Lockout - $45 shipped in the US & Canada
While R&Ding a new cable option, I discovered that the 5 speed shifter can be used for the F40 w/o any need for modification - it works as is. The only issue is it does not have a reverse lockout which the F40 needs. So I designed this simple bolt on reverse lockout setup that uses an existing hole in the shifter. It applies spring pressure to the select lever to allow the shifter to naturally fall into the 1-2 gate, but with additional pressure go into Reverse.

F40 Shift (Isuzu) and Select (Getrag) Cables: $115 each, shipped in the US - $25 shipping surcharge to Canada).
These cables are from Rodney Dickman (his cables are the best!) and come with the proper cable end already installed on the cables. Just pull them out of the box and they are ready to install on your F40
Rodney's Getrag Select Cable:

Rodney's Isuzu Shift Cable:

F40 Shifter Kit: $400 each, shipped in the US - $25 shipping surcharge to Canada).
This kit includes the shifter bracket, both cables and the reverse lockout.

Inventory:
I have all the parts in stock for 20 shifter brackets and reverse lockouts and will order more as the inventory level drops below 5. After I have sold a few of these, I will start keeping a few of the cables from Rodney in stock as well.

Payment:
Payment in full is due at time of order.

Shipment:
The brackets and reverse lockouts are in stock, so they will ship in 1-2 days, the cables will take 3-5 days until I start stocking them. they will ship in less than 7 days.

In regards to the cable fitment...
Two Getrag Select Cables (one is 3+" longer than the other):

Isuzu Shift and Getrag Select - cables are now the same length:

Various other pictures...

------------------
Products: 88 13" Brake Kit, 88 12" Brake Kit, 88 Lateral Link Relocation, 84-87 Machined Front Hubs, Custom Machining
Engine Swaps:
LS4/F40, HSR/SBC/F23, Pro-Flo/383/Getrag, 4.3CPI/4T60, Ramjet SBC/Getrag, 4.9/Isuzu, Carb SBC/Isuzu, 4.5/Isuzu

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 02-07-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Guru

First I want to say thanks for the excellent products you make. I would like to buy the F40 shift kit but I already have 2 of Rodneys Getrag select cables for my swap. Can you tell me if we could make a deal on my spare select and if so I would also like to buy the fitting for the F40 hydraulic line you sell. Let me know total shipped to Canada...via PM

Or I can deal with Rodney for the ISUZU cable.... THX Guru

regards
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-21-2014).]

rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interested in this setup as I am looking at buying an 3800sc and an F40. Do you also make the trans mounting brackets? I surfed your website but didn't find anything.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rennoc442:
Very interested in this setup as I am looking at buying an 3800sc and an F40. Do you also make the trans mounting brackets? I surfed your website but didn't find anything.

I do not sell the trans mounts for a 3800/F40 combo and they are not in development.
Most of my R&D time these days is focused on the LS4/4T65e-hd and LS4/F40 applications.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rennoc442:

Sorry Guru for going off subject...

Search West Coast Fiero ... they have those 3800/F40 mounts
regards
Danyel
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM and Payment sent

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vampire (edited 09-22-2014).]

dskebo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dskeboSend a Private Message to dskeboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the shift bracket today and installed it.
Quality and the fit is perfect.
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely will be copping this when I do my LNF/F40 swap....
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Paul
I have a simple question ...... what is the maximum length I can stretch the rear engine bay using your F40 kit with a 383 V8. I am asking you this because you have a visual and distance of the cables once everything is bolted in. This will determine the stretch I want to do on my fiero engine bay. I am lookin for an 8 to 10 inch stretch. Will the cables reach?

regards
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-12-2014).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Hello Paul
I have a simple question ...... what is the maximum length I can stretch the rear engine bay using your F40 kit with a 383 V8. I am asking you this because you have a visual and distance of the cables once everything is bolted in. This will determine the stretch I want to do on my fiero engine bay. I am lookin for an 8 to 10 inch stretch. Will the cables reach?

regards
Danyel

That is a very good question and not one that I have a direct answer for right now.
I sent you a PM with more details and I will send another one on Monday evening with some reference dimensions.
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Hello Guru

First I want to say thanks for the excellent products you make. I would like to buy the F40 shift kit but I already have 2 of Rodneys Getrag select cables for my swap. Can you tell me if we could make a deal on my spare select and if so I would also like to buy the fitting for the F40 hydraulic line you sell. Let me know total shipped to Canada...via PM

Or I can deal with Rodney for the ISUZU cable.... THX Guru

regards
Danyel

Ditto what Danyel said. I already have two of Rodney's Getrag Select cables for my swap, will they work with this bracket, or will I have to get the Isuzu cable? I understand it would be better if I got the Isuzu (stronger, thicker cable), but will the Getrag Select cable physically fit?

Thanks,

Tom

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Custom Corvette / MR2 electro-hydraulic power steering
Staggered 16" & 17" rims over 11.25" rotors with Cadillac Calipers & drop spindles

PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

Ditto what Danyel said. I already have two of Rodney's Getrag Select cables for my swap, will they work with this bracket, or will I have to get the Isuzu cable? I understand it would be better if I got the Isuzu (stronger, thicker cable), but will the Getrag Select cable physically fit?

Thanks,

Tom

My bracket will not work with 2 Getrag Select cables (wrong length and wrong attachment to the bracket). I sent you a PM with an option that might work.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 03-05-2016).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroguru Performance will reopen April 1, 2016
cs xtreme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cs xtremeSend a Private Message to cs xtremeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is great news.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news! I'm glad to hear it!! -Jason
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news, hoping to order needed parts in the next few months. Guru, will you also be bringing new items forward like a water pump/starter/flywheel solution or is this a restart of existing production?
2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Fieroguru Performance will reopen April 1, 2016

Hell yeah!!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

Great news, hoping to order needed parts in the next few months. Guru, will you also be bringing new items forward like a water pump/starter/flywheel solution or is this a restart of existing production?

It is a restart of most current items, but by R&D efforts will continue on the LS4/F40/4t65e-hd front...
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, glad you are back in business.

Rob
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!
Fieroguru Performance reopened March 13th, 2016

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 03-28-2016).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monday Bump!
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
FOREVER88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FOREVER88Send a Private Message to FOREVER88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take all the parts you have ready or that will be made this year to make the LS4 F40 swap possible. If some parts like the flywheel do not make it into production by years end then any help you can offer as far as drawings or advice on how to get them made would be great. I will keep track of swap # 2 for any progress as this could make life easier for me. My goal would be to have a running car within 2 years. My Engine will be shipped this week, and I have 2 transmissions waiting in the basement / garage. I will be using the E67 ECM because that is what the engine is coming with. The wrecker is including Drive by wire pedal, TCM, BCM from other cars which are cross compatible based on GM.com parts info. This swap will be done on a 1988 model car since those are all that I have. Which one in the end is yet to be seen. Also have a bare chassis to use for checking fit while building cradle mounts. I am not as able bodied as I once was, and this project is one of my bucket list to do items. But have been so impressed with this project so far that I have made up my mind to push ahead with it. After all we only live once.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FOREVER88:

I have responded to your email.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2016 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been a while since I have bumped this.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2017 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2018 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
October Bump!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock