Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Keyless entry with pontiac key fob (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Keyless entry with pontiac key fob by mmeyer86gt/gtp
Started on: 09-11-2014 01:28 AM
Replies: 100 (4949 views)
Last post by: 355Fiero on 04-21-2023 09:35 PM
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks that would be great

dan
IP: Logged
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Won't be until Wednesday at least- it's in for a 3.4 swap.
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
figured out, it was a yellow/black wire

dan
chrissin712

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any chance another batch will be for sale soon?
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2016 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any more or not.
Please let me know either way.
Thanks pat
luvfierosforever

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for luvfierosforeverSend a Private Message to luvfierosforeverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If these become available again, I might be interested in purchasing. What is the price point?
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

I'm going to email him, but so everyone can benefit, here are his instructions:

3 Wire Connector:
1. Pink- Switched 12V from fuse block (I use the one behind the stereo)
2. Black- Trunk release, black on 84, gray/black on 85+, at the trunk release switch
3. Black/White- Leave disconnected (ground to program remotes)

8 Wire Connector:
4. Red/Black- Not used
5. Orange/Black- Not used
6. White- Connect to the white wire going to the light
7. Gray- light blue wires
8. Tan- Splice both together, black wires on door lock/unlock connector next to light
9. Black- Ground screw for power lock relay
10. Orange- Orange/Black wire at power lock relay

Here is a photo of the area, with what I think are the correct wires for the 8 Wire Connector:

I know this is an old thread, but just want to throw something out to possibly help the next guy.

For me and my 1986 SE, the white wire on the 8-wire connector could not be run to the white wire of the light -- it kept blowing the dome light fuse and the RKE wouldn't work. Turns out, the RKE is sending a ground signal to turn on the light, and that white wire on the courtesy light is a 12v. For me, the white wire on the RKE had to be run to the orange/white wire on the closest courtesy light, which was the ground.
SP1200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SP1200Send a Private Message to SP1200Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally getting around to installing this. I got it last year. Have a few questions.

White: 8 Pin Connector - Connecter to white wire on Foot Well light.
^ is this a ground? or 12 volt? Cuz if its a ground why not just connect to the black frame ground?

Pink: 3 Wire Connector - "Switched 12V from fuse block (I use the one behind the stereo)"
^ So this is a 12 volt that only come on when you turn the key right?

Then that must mean the constant 12 volt is the WHITE WIRE on the FOOT WELL light?
SP1200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SP1200Send a Private Message to SP1200Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SP1200

169 posts
Member since May 2016

And also I don't understand the following

Black/White: 3 Wire Connector - "Leave disconnected (ground to program remotes)"
^ Huh?? So do I need to ground this unit after turning the ign key to program the unit, then disconnect the wire?

Sorry guys. I never had a camaro so I'm not at all familiar with this system.
Does anyone have key FOB programming instructions?

Thanks guys.

thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The white wire is for making the done light come on when you unlock with the remote.
The 12v switched only gets power with the key on.

------------------
That Todd Guy

thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thefierofarm.com

1015 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Once it’s all hooked up apply ground to the program wire and the locks will activate letting you know it is in learn mode.
After it does, push a button on the remote to program it. Then disconnect the ground.
PFF
System Bot
SP1200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SP1200Send a Private Message to SP1200Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thefierofarm.com:

Once it’s all hooked up apply ground to the program wire and the locks will activate letting you know it is in learn mode.
After it does, push a button on the remote to program it. Then disconnect the ground.

Ok so I can add a "program switch" to this wire?

How should I go about powering up the unit?
Should I just wire the harness and plug the unit in, and connect the program wire?
Or is there one last wire to connect?

I dont want to fry the unit.
SP1200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SP1200Send a Private Message to SP1200Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok so i wired everything up and plugged in the unit with the key off. I turned the key to ON, and then connected the program wire.
The door locks activated, and I held down the unlock on both remotes. No response.

Ok got it now. I forgot to disconnect the program ground wire.
Now it's up and running!

[This message has been edited by SP1200 (edited 03-18-2018).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
didnt see the post till now glad you got it working.
SP1200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SP1200Send a Private Message to SP1200Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I disconnected the door lock relay, unscrewed the ground wire, cut (then reconnected) the door switch...and was able to pull the wire harness out the speaker hole. Made installation with the short pigtail easy for my back neck. Also NOTE. I did not need to connect to both of the BLACK and BLUE wires as they both meet up at the relay. So connecting to both seemed redundant.

[This message has been edited by SP1200 (edited 03-18-2018).]

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2023 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

I'm going to email him, but so everyone can benefit, here are his instructions:

3 Wire Connector:
1. Pink- Switched 12V from fuse block (I use the one behind the stereo)
2. Black- Trunk release, black on 84, gray/black on 85+, at the trunk release switch
3. Black/White- Leave disconnected (ground to program remotes)

8 Wire Connector:
4. Red/Black- Not used
5. Orange/Black- Not used
6. White- Connect to the white wire going to the light
7. Gray- light blue wires
8. Tan- Splice both together, black wires on door lock/unlock connector next to light
9. Black- Ground screw for power lock relay
10. Orange- Orange/Black wire at power lock relay

Here is a photo of the area, with what I think are the correct wires for the 8 Wire Connector:

I realize this is a very old topic and been stagnant for quite some time but I bought one of these packages many years ago and finally put in recently.

I wired the box up per the pic above and the instructions on the box when I got it (they match) and I am at the point of trying to program the fob and when I put the black/white wire to ground per instructions, I do not hear the door locks cycle.

Question:
1. Is there a way to bench test the box itself to make sure it is working?
I was thinking of putting power and ground to power and ground pins per the wiring diagram and then grounding the program ground. I assume that I would see power come from the tan wires pin to be able to confirm the box is working?

I am trying to work back and see if there is a wiring issue (don't think so) or if the box is not working as it has sat for many years in my parts cupboard.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks much
Don

AH CRAP!!!!!!!! I just read the last post about not being able to get the door locks to pop and saw that I need to turn the key to on to program..... I am so oblivious to the obvious sometimes. I will try tonight and hopefully everything works fine and I can sheepishly walk away...... sigh.......

[This message has been edited by 355Fiero (edited 04-20-2023).]

lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2023 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, this does go back a bit. Let us know how this turns out. Mine has been working without issue for years now.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2023 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I plugged everything back in and grounded the black/white wire from the three pin plug and no door lock activation to show going into test mode. I have confirmed the large plug and small plug wiring again and still no love.

Any idea from anyone?

Thanks
Don
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2023 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have to provide power to 2 wires and ground and then ground the black white you will hear it cycle.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2023 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks mmeyer86gt/gtp....

So the 12V switched in the 3 pin connector and the power that goes to the 8 pin plug from the relay power I assume. Wasn't sure about needing the other wires connected in some manner so if that is all, great and I will do that on the bench tonight and make sure I get the right pins from each plug so I don't toast it after all this..... And the grounds as well. Way easier to do that on the bench than crawled up under the dash. I am getting too old to contort that way....

Much appreciated

Don
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2023 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

355Fiero

548 posts
Member since Dec 2004
Ok. I looked at the pins and mapped them out and hooked up the power and grounds per the pin map. Also added a pin lead from one of the tan pin leads and then grounded the 3 pin programming lead.

I assume that the tan output should show some power like 12v or something when grounding as that is what cycles.

No love. I am going to try the white light power lead as well now but really starting to think the module isn’t working any more.

Been a pile of years since I bought it so who knows what has happened in the mean time.

Almost ready to call this a bust and move on to the next item…

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Don
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors