Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Keyless entry with pontiac key fob (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Keyless entry with pontiac key fob by mmeyer86gt/gtp
Started on: 09-11-2014 01:28 AM
Replies: 100 (4926 views)
Last post by: 355Fiero on 04-21-2023 09:35 PM
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
IP: Logged
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
fierogt455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Currently out should have more next week
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received Mine...thanks!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got mine in the mail today, thanks!

I've tried and tried and I just can't see how it's going to fit in the car. On top of that, now I can't get the doors open at all.

Here's pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

Electronics won't fit
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

I got mine in the mail today, thanks!

I've tried and tried and I just can't see how it's going to fit in the car. On top of that, now I can't get the doors open at all.

Here's pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

Electronics won't fit

What an idiot. If you read the directions, you'd know, in a situation like yours, you have to put the car IN the box not the other way around.

/facepalm/
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
at first i thought oh crap hunh? lol good pic.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have any more?
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still working with local venders to get more units in jscott your 3rd on the list.
--matt
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got my kit in the mail. Sorry but I do have some questions on the 8 wire connector.

White-connect to the white wire going to the light.-----would that be at the headlight switch?

gray-light blue wires----where would that light blue wire be?

tan (splice both together)-black wires on door lock/unlock connector nest to the light blue wires----is that at the lock/unlock switch and is that to splice both tan wires together?

Thanks and again I'm sorry for the questions
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all the wires your looking for are near or attached to the lock relay up inder the dash on the passenger side of the car. it is on the wall the door is attached to.
fierogt455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received my kit; thanks!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

still working with local venders to get more units in jscott your 3rd on the list.
--matt

okay thanks.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

all the wires your looking for are near or attached to the lock relay up inder the dash on the passenger side of the car. it is on the wall the door is attached to.

what about the white wire going to the white wire going to the light? which light? what vehicle are these out of in case I need to look up the schematic?
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you look in the passenger foot well behind the light you will see the whit wire it goes to the ajar switch on the door
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
in when you get more

dan
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you look in the passenger foot well behind the light you will see the whit wire it goes to the ajar switch on the door

Thanks for your help with the wiring. I have just one more question. I assume that the remote fob has to be programed. How is that done?
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ground the black white wire you should see the locks cycle then hit one of the buttons on the remote they should cycle again then unground the black white wire. Now your gtg
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ground the black white wire you should see the locks cycle then hit one of the buttons on the remote they should cycle again then unground the black white wire. Now your gtg

Okay and thanks again
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Helpful bump for Mick.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine a couple of days ago. Thanks!
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Install day for me. Hopefully I can figure this out and if not...I know where to ask for help
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Install day for me. Hopefully I can figure this out and if not...I know where to ask for help

Mitch is pretty good about responding to emails. If I were getting ready to take an extended "vacation", I think I'd have other things on my mind. Good for him, keeping up.

lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to email him, but so everyone can benefit, here are his instructions:

3 Wire Connector:
1. Pink- Switched 12V from fuse block (I use the one behind the stereo)
2. Black- Trunk release, black on 84, gray/black on 85+, at the trunk release switch
3. Black/White- Leave disconnected (ground to program remotes)

8 Wire Connector:
4. Red/Black- Not used
5. Orange/Black- Not used
6. White- Connect to the white wire going to the light
7. Gray- light blue wires
8. Tan- Splice both together, black wires on door lock/unlock connector next to light
9. Black- Ground screw for power lock relay
10. Orange- Orange/Black wire at power lock relay

Here is a photo of the area, with what I think are the correct wires for the 8 Wire Connector:

Here are my questions:
1. Is my diagram correct? Specifically, does item 7 go to BOTH blue wires, and item 8 to BOTH black wires?
2. So it sounds like I need to pull the dash/gauge pod partly apart to get to the trunk release wire, then extend it to the passenger footwell area, correct?
3. What color is the switched 12V wire behind the stereo?

Thanks in advance!

L

[This message has been edited by lorennerol (edited 05-02-2015).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1. Is my diagram correct? Specifically, does item 7 go to BOTH blue wires, and item 8 to BOTH black wires?
yes both because they go to each motor

2. So it sounds like I need to pull the dash/gauge pod partly apart to get to the trunk release wire, then extend it to the passenger footwell area, correct?
yes you only need to remove the cover that is on the bottom of the steering column it is on the right hand side of the column it usually is a white relay

3. What color is the switched 12V wire behind the stereo?
it is the yellow wire.
rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested if you get more in thnx ray
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for posting the instructions. I just purchased one from him, and would love to sort out the wiring while I wait for it.

One question though. Shouldn't it work equally well to attach to just one of the blue and black wires considering that the wires themselves are connected within the plug on the relay?
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CowsPatoot

2792 posts
Member since May 2007
Deleted to avoid confusion for future viewers of the thread. I shouldn't try to reverse engineer something until I at least have it in my hands.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 05-05-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1. Pink- Switched 12V from fuse block (I use the one behind the stereo)
needs 2 12v power sources engineered that way.

2. Black- Trunk release, black on 84, gray/black on 85+, at the trunk release switch
needs the relay as it sends the required signal to trip the relay

4. Red/Black- Not used
used form the original lock unlock buttons in the firebird / camaro

5. Orange/Black- Not used
used form the original lock unlock buttons in the firebird / camaro

7. Gray- light blue wires

need both because on the car it came from you hit unlock 2x to unlock both doors

8. Tan- Splice both together, black wires on door lock/unlock connector next to light
need both because on the car it came from you hit unlock 2x to unlock both doors

i like the way i have set it up wiring wise you don't have to remove the dash you just need to run some wires and both wires you need to get to are very easy. many things can be done many ways it is what is great about america you can do it how you want as long as it ends up with the same result.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one left last one i am selling
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me about your final one, Im interested in it.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
recieved mine, thank you

dan
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine installed this evening.

From the passenger footwell I could see three yellow wires behind the head unit. Struck out on the first two, which were the ones I could reach from the footwell. I have a later model head unit that is a pain to remove, so I ran a wire back to the fuse box and tapped a switched wire I'd added to run the autodim mirror, since I'd already put in inline fuse on it.

Took the steering column bezel/cowling off but could not find the gray/black wire anywhere. It probably doesn't help that my eyes don't seem to want to focus on things six inches from my face any longer. I hunted around for a way, then realized it wasn't hard to just route the wire up to the trunk release the switch where it both easier to work on and the wire was obvious. Done.

Then a bit of soldering/spicing in the passenger footwell...and the moment of truth. I was gritting my teeth as I reached to ground the programming wire because projects like this have a way of not working the first time for me. But SHAZAM, it cycled the locks, I pressed the lock button on the remote, and that was a wrap for that project.

PS- Free bump.

PPS- Suggestions on where to find another fob. Model/part number?

[This message has been edited by lorennerol (edited 05-18-2015).]

supersport623

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for supersport623Click Here to visit supersport623's HomePageSend a Private Message to supersport623Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed mine this week too. One of the better upgrades I've done for this goofy little car
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sold out till 2016
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got mine installed this evening.

From the passenger footwell I could see three yellow wires behind the head unit. Struck out on the first two, which were the ones I could reach from the footwell. I have a later model head unit that is a pain to remove, so I ran a wire back to the fuse box and tapped a switched wire I'd added to run the autodim mirror, since I'd already put in inline fuse on it.

Took the steering column bezel/cowling off but could not find the gray/black wire anywhere. It probably doesn't help that my eyes don't seem to want to focus on things six inches from my face any longer. I hunted around for a way, then realized it wasn't hard to just route the wire up to the trunk release the switch where it both easier to work on and the wire was obvious. Done.

So I finally got around to putting this in, I to could not find the dreaded gray/black wire, so as suggested in the above quote I went to the switch and I have a black wire and a gray wire (86 model). Do I use both wires, or follow the instructions for the 84 model year and use just the black. All other wires are already to go.

thanks

dan
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

So I finally got around to putting this in, I to could not find the dreaded gray/black wire, so as suggested in the above quote I went to the switch and I have a black wire and a gray wire (86 model). Do I use both wires, or follow the instructions for the 84 model year and use just the black. All other wires are already to go.

thanks

dan

I don't have a direct answer, but if no one else chimes in I'll pull my switch and take a pic of what I did. Since it's just for the trunk release, you should be able to go ahead and program the remote to the interface and use it to lock/unlock the doors.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock