Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT and Notchback LED Tail Lights... Should I do another run? (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT and Notchback LED Tail Lights... Should I do another run? by doublec4
Started on: 09-09-2014 10:27 PM
Replies: 166 (7066 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 08-13-2016 10:20 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2016 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

Are these available again? Interested in a notchie pair.

Yes they are .... PM me

Edited for Page ownage

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 05-11-2016).]

IP: Logged
migs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for migsSend a Private Message to migsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are these LED boards plugged into the stock car harness? I'm asking because i have a notching-fastback conversion underway and was wondering if i need to worry about the stock notchie wire harness working with this?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by migs:

How are these LED boards plugged into the stock car harness? I'm asking because i have a notching-fastback conversion underway and was wondering if i need to worry about the stock notchie wire harness working with this?

The notchie and fastback LED kits are two DIFFERENT configurations but both use the 1156 and 1157 blades and sockets (stock on fieros) supplied with the LED kits....... if you are doing a fastback conversion you will need to use its fastback harness.... because the turn signal lights have their own wires... you can PM me your email I can send you more details

Danyel

Supracoupe

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by migs:

The ones I ordered have a standard bulb connector that fits into the factory socket. You will only need a single brake and turn signal socket on each side. Simple plug and play. I did have to change my signal relay as my fronts were LED as well and the factory flasher wouldn't work when everything was converted, but the right flasher is no problem to find. Got mine off EBAY.

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2016 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look amazing. I will definitely be purchasing these soon for my 87 GT!
migs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2016 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for migsSend a Private Message to migsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Supracoupe:

The ones I ordered have a standard bulb connector that fits into the factory socket. You will only need a single brake and turn signal socket on each side. Simple plug and play. I did have to change my signal relay as my fronts were LED as well and the factory flasher wouldn't work when everything was converted, but the right flasher is no problem to find. Got mine off EBAY.

link for the relay? and could I not just splice the wiring from a notchie to work with the LED board if it only requires 2 connections per side? I'm wondering if the fastback rear light harness is that much different other than quantity of lights?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2016 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF member seajai posted this a while back ...

The notchback (aka SE) routed the power for the brake lights through the turn signal whereas the GT ran a separate wire to the back just for brake lights. Looking at the diagram, there is a white wire that comes from the brake pedal switch and goes through the turn signal switch. This is how they get one brake light to flash while the other one stays on when you put your turn signal "ON". Now for some reason the white wire runs from the brake switch, all the way to C500 pin H8, and then back to the turn signal switch. Remove this wire from pin "H8" at the C500 connector, this eliminates the routing of the brake lights through the T/S switch. You can now use that wire to run your brake lights separate from the turn signals. The turn signals will still work normally because they receive power from a different source ( the purple wire from the T/S flasher). Essentially, this is how they do it for the GT models except they used an extra wire spliced at the brake switch and running back to the C500 on pin "J9". I'm not sure you will find that wire in your harness if your car started life as a notchback. If you do have a light blue wire at pin "J9" on the socket half, you could add a pin to the the other half and use that to run brakes lights as well. You would need to eliminate the white wire from "H8" though otherwise both turn signal and brake lights would flash. I'm not sure how your harness has been modded for the Lambo lights, but you will need to use different sockets and single filament (1156) bulbs for your new turn signals and dual filament (1157) bulbs/sockets for the tail/stop lights.

Finding a taillight harness from a GT would simplify things because it already has separate turn and stoplight wiring.

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave