Started on: 09-01-2014 08:25 PM
Replies: 23 (1790 views)
Last post by: Ponnari on 12-22-2014 10:24 PM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is time to step away from this project and allow some new blood to come in and push it forward. I am open to offers and suggestions about what to do with the car. I will make this car available for 3 months and if it is not gone at that time, I will crush it for scrap.

This is a very well received concept. I hope someone picks up the torch and sees it through!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000138.html

As it sits today:

What it can be when finished:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So tell us about the Formula that the nose is attached to.....
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

So tell us about the Formula that the nose is attached to.....

It should not be thought of as anything more than a parts car. The steering rack is gone. Pretty much everything else is present. I was going to use the red body panels on my bare chassis '85 which is also for sale.

FieroCanada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All that work to be scraped? someone buy this sweet project, I would definitely buy a bumper once its perfected and molds were made.
im no where close to you to buy the project so its a little unrealistic for me.
just wondering though, were turn signals ever incorporated into the design, i dont see them in the bumper or in the photo shop ;/
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C'mon, man! Spend a few weeks and finish it. Then you can sell the bumper to someone who can make a mold and market it. You've gone this far. What's another few weeks?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the condition of the space frame?
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a P.M.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCanada:

just wondering though, were turn signals ever incorporated into the design, i dont see them in the bumper or in the photo shop ;/

Turn signals were going to be in the stock location. The stock lenses and wiring would also be retained. They were going to be hidden behind either slats or a smoked plastic insert screen. I believe there are pics on the build thread showing the turn signals in place with a black plastic background.

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 09-02-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

C'mon, man! Spend a few weeks and finish it. Then you can sell the bumper to someone who can make a mold and market it. You've gone this far. What's another few weeks?

I wish it were as easy as that. Some personal issues have come up that will stand squarely in the way of working on the bumper. Trust me, I'm as disappointed as you.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by olejoedad:

What is the condition of the space frame?

The formula frame is not good. I bought it to fix up to be a daily driver but I didn't trust the frame. I do have a pretty much perfect '85 space frame that I'm ready to let go of.

[/QUOTE]

I also have an '87 car that could be fixed up to drive but I'm calling it a parts car as well. It is also available.

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 09-02-2014).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would love to have that Formula style brown steering wheel !!!!!
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

I was going to use the tan interior from my black car with the red body panels from the Formula to complete the naked Fiero in my garage. In addition to those parts, I have a bunch of new parts that were never installed, an extra 88 cradle, PLUS A 2002 L67 3800SC W/HD transmission from a Grand Prix GTP to go in it!

Needless to say, I have all the parts necessarry to create a very badass Fiero. Some assembly required.

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 09-03-2014).]

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

I have one, maybe I'll post it tomorrow.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one offer for the bumper only.
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So..........the bumper project is a bust? That sucks, I am on the list of wanna be buyers. The bumper as it sits in the pictures is potentially able to be mounted on another car? or is it grafted on to that one? It looks like with a little creativity it could actually be finished off and look pretty bad ass !
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carl Calderone:

So..........the bumper project is a bust? That sucks, I am on the list of wanna be buyers. The bumper as it sits in the pictures is potentially able to be mounted on another car? or is it grafted on to that one? It looks like with a little creativity it could actually be finished off and look pretty bad ass !

It might be possible to remove it and transplant it onto another car. I don't want to try it out of fear of destroying it in the process. The best thing would be for someone to take the whole car and finish the work where it is mounted. To be done right, a mold should be made over the completed bumper then it could be used to create new bumpers.

Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see.....perhaps we should all contribute to the cause and get it finished. what do you think it would take to get the project to the point where a mold can be made?
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carl Calderone:

I see.....perhaps we should all contribute to the cause and get it finished. what do you think it would take to get the project to the point where a mold can be made?

That is one of the problems from my end. I am not familiar with the process. CrazyDragn was acting as the project manager. I was the sculptor and owner.

85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been asked how much? but can't find it

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to place a value on something like this. I have had two offers and one of those members came to see it. I will take the highest offer between now and December 1.
2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello there.. new to PFF but I must say I surely hope somebody saves this concept. It is a real shame you guys couldn't finish it and it would totally suck to see it go to the scrap yard. Of all the noses I've seen available for the fiero in the aftermarket this one needs to be a reality. The only other one I've seen other than this one that really caught my eye was the one Amida made. Maybe he should pick it up and finish the GTO design.. He is amazing but Whomever does decide to finish this nose please leave a link so we can follow it and hopefully see it be produced so all who want one (including me) can get one.
PFF
System Bot
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its unfortunate....I was really looking forward to seeing the product on my car. Its like nothing else out there...ANYWHERE !
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The iGTO bumper car was sold and it fell off the trailer at its destination. The bumper was damaged, possibly destroyed. I don't know how bad because I've not seen pictures. The buyer stated that he doesn't think he can fix it.

Jonathan
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man, that is sad!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock