1988 GT T-Top for sale Long Island by jc8367
Started on: 08-29-2014 01:56 PM
Replies: 8 (774 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 09-18-2014 01:19 PM
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not mine nor do I have the money or stable enough marriage for another car. Pls someone save it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The LS4 one is certainly interesting. Don't know if it's a member here but smart move to put some pictures of his build.

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey jc8367, I'm from North Bellmore, have a white 84 that is off the road for a sbc swap.
I saw a black 84 out your way on sunrise last week, was that you?
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep that's the right link.

Tony,

The black fiero is not mine, I believe that guy is in Patchogue. I have the red 88 GT w/T Tops. I'm gonna try to get to Bellmore station next Friday, do you head up there at all?
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All right I couldn’t help myself and went to look at this car. Here’s some info:

The car itself is left outside. No cover, leaves everywhere. Car sat for two yrs without running. Same owner since 1991. Says the car was purchased from the Crazy Eddie IRS auction. More info on him at this link,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Eddie

Exterior: Some scratches on the paint, spoiler is faded, front and rear bumper has some webbing and ring around the gas cap is all scuffed up. Paint the bumpers, spoilers and a good wax may just be all it needs.
Silicon was put around the T Tops glass and body area near them. P seals are needed and weather stripping is dry. Car not listed in the T Top registry. Dew wipes brittle and cracking. Exhaust is half there so it will need attention.
Both quarter glasses are cracked.

Mechanics: Engine sounds good but no plates so owner would not let me drive, #’s match. Rebuilt tranny just installed at $1800, seen receipt. Also new battery, gas tank was replaced, Koni updated suspension, all poly even on the engine mounts, and brake cylinder changed but lines need to be bled. Some rust underneath but nothing crazy. Trunk had a bunch of stuff in it so I couldn’t pull back the liner.

Interior: Good shape, seats, doors, floor mats, dash etc. No original radio, claims the AC works. Head liner need to be looked at. To change the spark plugs closest to the firewall he cut a hole behind the passenger seat to changes, hole is covered up but Yikes!! I have heard of people doing this before but first I’ve seen.

I’m sure there’s more needed as it is an old car. In short the work needed is certainly doable and at 116k milage for $4200 is not a bad place to start negotiating price though he did say he was firm.

Pictures here, https://jordanfiero.shutterfly.com/pictures/60

[This message has been edited by jc8367 (edited 08-31-2014).]

ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking of going to look at it also. Been wanting an 88 t-top for a while. So he says the price is firm? Will have to think about it.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

Hidalgo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

also noticed this LS4 out that way

http://longisland.craigslis.../cto/4601900067.html

Wow! That 86 GT with the LS4 looks like one sweet ride!
He seems to have taken a lot photos of his project while he was working on it. I wonder if he did that with the intention of posting them here on PFF? Does anybody here know if there is a thread on this car?

[This message has been edited by Hidalgo (edited 09-05-2014).]

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is a true CJB ship-thru t-top Fiero, it is C&C# 1138

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock