HP Tuner software? by NetCam
Started on: 08-19-2014 10:20 PM
Replies: 8 (318 views)
Last post by: nosrac on 08-28-2014 03:04 PM
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an HP Tuner but don't have the s/w to match. Does anybody have VCM Suite v1.0 or know where I can get a copy? Pretty expensive brick if I can't get the software
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a disc (I'm in Etobicoke) but you can also get it from their website. My laptop doesnt have a cd drive so that what I did.

Did the previous owner give you their log in info? If you dont have that you may be SOL even with the hardware and software in hand. You have to log in and use the serial number and password to update your email so they can send you a product key.

Edit: I have a newer version. But I will be in Milton on Saturday.

[This message has been edited by Luke (edited 08-20-2014).]

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, didn't get any user info, so it's starting to look like I wasted that money......@#$#^!!

[This message has been edited by NetCam (edited 08-21-2014).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact HP Tuners and tell them that you have the interface box from a seller who passed away and ask what can they do to help get it up and running again.
Join the HP Tuners online forum (open to everyone) and start asking questions. If you have the original disc all info should be on it. If not the serial number should be in the interface box memory.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like you have an old Serial Interface unit. It is no longer supported hardware wise, but a few years ago HP Tuners was still supporting it from a software perspective. FYI, the only cars you can tune with it have to be currently licensed to the unit (it is impossible to change the application license at this point).

Your best best it to join LS1 tech and post in the PCM Diagnostics & Tuning section asking for the software. I am sure someone over there still has a copy:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/p...iagnostics-tuning-7/

Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have the serial unit as guru suspects....which was also my hunch based on the 1.0 software... then I can help you with basic stuff for free depending on your ecm. I have all 98 GTPs unlocked. May also be able to split on a license for 97s if thats what you have.

I also have a DHP powrtuner but its been sketchy as of late... I wouldnt use it unless you have a spare ecm, wouldnt want to brick a main unit.

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is the serial interface with a USB adapter, so we're definitely in 1.0 territory, even hardware-wise....

I'll check in on the LS1 Tech forums and see if there's any help there as well, nothing yet on the HP Tuners forum.
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is it an AVT board in the interface? might be able to use DHP with it.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

is it an AVT board in the interface? might be able to use DHP with it.

Definitely, won't hurt to try.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock