Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Gauging interest, replacement seat covers or repairs in OEM materials

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Gauging interest, replacement seat covers or repairs in OEM materials by Russ88TTop
Started on: 08-09-2014 12:58 PM
Replies: 11 (556 views)
Last post by: Notorio on 09-24-2014 12:36 AM
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have access to some OEM Cloth and Vinyl Materials, I'm not sure yet as what years and colors the samples I have are for, as they just have random numbers on them. I have to match them up with some OEM Detroit books to see exactly what years and colors they will match up

The idea is to reproduce a replacement seat cover for the seats using the original OEM materials ( take the old cover off and install the new cover ), for those who are interested in keeping the original look, or make available a service to just replace the worn panels in your existing seat ( mostly where they wear out on the Bolster when you slide in and out )

Comments, suggestions always welcome

Russ

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to hear that someone wants to reproduce seat covers to OEM materials.

Last I heard, the pallex cloth was not available or they don't make it anymore.

If you have access to the OEM materials, grab it.

I've always liked that material and the finish 86-87GTs got. New material replacements would be perfect.

If someone wants re-pros, you gotta keep the fiero badge the originals got. That keeps it factory looking...

------------------

fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

dcarrd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the seats on my 85 gt are in like new condition except for one little rip on the side panel that needs to be replaced. Id be interested in that for sure. My 84 SE needs new seat covers and I would love to have the original brown stripe material for that. Keep me in your list..
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Nice to hear that someone wants to reproduce seat covers to OEM materials.

Last I heard, the pallex cloth was not available or they don't make it anymore.

If you have access to the OEM materials, grab it.

Supposedly, SMS Auto Fabrics has some, but you'd have to ask for samples.
They really don't show their stock online. http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested for sure! I'd be interested in the full seat cover(s) or panel repair that was suggested. How about making some with vinyl on the bolster parts and cloth in the center portion.

Thanks for looking in to making these OEM style replacements. I don't want to go with leather others offer, it's just to hot.
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
interested too
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would need some 88 and some 86, without piping, really just drivers seat bottoms, but also have some other damaged seats with the dark gray side bolsters, depends on cost.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-12-2014).]

kmd85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmd85Send a Private Message to kmd85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ, unrelated PM sent... wasn't sure how else to bring it to your attention, although I also think reproduction seat covers are a great idea!
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update - After some time communicating with many suppliers around the US and one out of the US, I've located most of the OEM cloth materials, one from one company, one from another, some from another, etc.

The one's I have not located are the Suede, Fleece and the of course the '84 Indy with the Logo embossed in the backrest
The materials are expensive ( a couple of them are VERY expensive ) but at least available in limited quantities

Over the next few days I'll be working on a price list for both the replacement Repro seat cover and the panel replacement option

Russ

------------------

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would be interested in Beechwood color material for floor and door panels. Not sure if this is something you looked into?
PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also interested (88GT, gray cloth).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock