Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  1990 BUILT 3.1 V6 Chevy Barretta motor, automatic trans., & wire harness FOR SALE !!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
1990 BUILT 3.1 V6 Chevy Barretta motor, automatic trans., & wire harness FOR SALE !! by MEL H. JOHNSON
Started on: 08-07-2014 08:23 PM
Replies: 6 (353 views)
Last post by: MEL H. JOHNSON on 08-11-2014 09:09 PM
MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I met this guy in JOLIET, while looking at my 87 GT he ssked if I knew anybody looking for a motor !!!! I said I'd get it listed & here is what he sent me to list !!!!! Heads ported& pollished & brand new seals, springs & valves. $1000 in head work. Brand new remanufactured D block. Everything new from water pump to oil pan. Turn key motor, rapid fire plugs, accel performance wires & performance coils. Stage 1 comp. cam. I have the wire harness to mesh the motor to a Fiero. Fuel pump relay needs to be wired. I also have a rebuilt fresh 125C Fiero trans.It has a shift kit & 2800 stall & 3:26 gear ratio. Also Accel performance fuel injecters, 2 lbs. over stock. Under drive pulleys. Motor has 400 miles on it, runs beautifully & pushes close to 400 hp.Everything for $1000 !!!!! Will also split motor & harness for $800 & $200for tranny !!!!! I didn't see this & know nothing about it so just call him with any questions or concerns !!!! His name is Barry & he lives in Joliet, Illinois, just 10 minutes of I55. His phone number is 1-815-545-9389 . Tell him MEL sent you !!!!! Good luck !!!! It sounds like a good deal & he seamed like he new what he was talking about !!!! He's had a couple Fieros !!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MEL H. JOHNSON:

Accel performance fuel injecters, 2 lbs. over stock. runs beautifully & pushes close to 400 hp

Stock injectors are 15 lbs/hr
Accel 17lb/hr injectors are common, and they flow 17lb/hr static.
If we ballpark a reasonable .5lb/hp*hr, that's enough fuel to make almost 200 flywheel horsepower without going static.

That guy bullshitted you to the extreme to try and make a sale.
Think about it. That would be 2 horsepower per cubic inch for basic bolt-ons and a mild cam. Is anybody else getting those numbers?
seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He said "Pushes close to 400 hp". What he didn't mention was he was using the Beretta to push a 1970 Corvette with an LT-1.

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seq:

He said "Pushes close to 400 hp". What he didn't mention was he was using the Beretta to push a 1970 Corvette with an LT-1.

I guess I would ask to see a dyno sheet.
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

he seamed like he new what he was talking about

Anyone can seem to know what they are talking about.

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MEL H. JOHNSON:

pushes close to 400 hp.

I guess it depends what his definition of close is. If it was possible to get that kind of power out of a 2.8 or a 3.1 especially n/a, no one would be doing engine swaps.

AND if it is anywhere NEAR 400hp, you better not bolt it to a 125 Fiero trans rebuilt or not.
MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumparoo!!!!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock