'86 Fiero GT with 4-speed automatic (4T60) transmission/50K miles by Fipronil
Started on: 08-05-2014 08:08 AM
Replies: 20 (1545 views)
Last post by: fierogtx on 12-09-2014 12:36 AM
Fipronil

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
****Asking $1950****
1986 Fiero GT, 2.8L daily driver. Good condition with 50,000+ miles. This has been a labor of love, but alas all great things must come to an end - selling due to planned family expansion in the near future and need for additional space. Car runs and drives great. Known history: It is a Florida car, originally red in color. I bought it in 2009. Previously, it had sat for about 15-18 years covered in previous owner’s yard. To bring it up to daily driver status, I replaced the water pump, fuel injectors, coil, spark plug wires, thermostat, cooling system hoses, heater coil, distributor (cap and rotor also), tires, fuel pump, oxygen sensor, spark plugs, belts, and fuel level sending unit. It also had an exhaust leak due to the dreaded rusted manifold bolt syndrome. Removed rusted out manifold studs and replaced with stainless steel ones, along with new exhaust and head gaskets (had to remove head to get to studs). Tachometer was also reading high (common problem)-fixed by breaking the bad circuit and soldering in a rheostat per advice on Pennock’s Fiero Forum. Currently AC does not work (broke 2 belts, and did not replace again). Cruise control was not functional, so removed from engine compartment. Swapped into the car a 4T60 4 speed automatic transmission from a 1991 Buick Regal having approximately 65K miles on it. Transmission mounts were purchased new from West Coast Fieros. Transmission fluid, modulator valve, and filter changed at the time. Shifts through all gears smoothly and tachometer indicates ~2300 RPM when driving 70 mph. Definitely a great upgrade from the 3-speed automatic for improving the drivability over long travel distances. Also upgraded headlight wiring harness and motors to 1987 models, so they all work well. Dash is cracked in several places, so I covered it with a dash cover from the Fiero Store. Tailight also has the usual delamination and cracking, but all lights work and there is no water in them. Seat upholstery and carpets are in good condition considering the age. Glovebox door (between seats) and gauge housing are warped as typical. Since I bought it, the exterior has never been fewer than four different colors. To appease my wife, I painted it green and black in the driveway. The urethane paint quietened the complaints and serves a great protective role, but has orange peel uniformly throughout giving it a satin look from a distance. This might be color sanded out, or I can include the remaining black and green urethane paint for a repaint job. Just replaced the catalytic converter. Overall the car is great as a daily driver, or for someone that would like to spend a little more effort and cash to make it a real show piece (unfortunately I have over-spent already and need another seat). Asking price reflects less than half of the total amount spent to bring it up to daily driver status. Below are a few more highlights. Contact Chris with any questions by phone (772-801-1045) or email (pchristopherwilson@gmail.com). Car is located in Fort Pierce, FL. Thanks for looking!

****Asking $1950***

[This message has been edited by Fipronil (edited 12-02-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BabyEating Dingo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just having the 4T60 in there already tempts me to sell mine and buy up yours. Great price imo.
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds like a good plan! The 4T60 makes it a lot nicer for driving at highway speeds. Below 45 mph it's very similar to the 3-speed (i.e. must reach 45 mph to change to 4th). Remember the price is obo, so let me know Thanks!
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Asking price reduced!
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OBO.
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump with lower price.
BabyEating Dingo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe I'm still considering this. Maybe because you picked my favorite color for it.

Why doesn't the trunk sit flat in the last picture?
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, the trunk was not completely closed in the photo. I had opened it to take photos in the trunk/engine compartment and forgot to close it. Thanks!
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replied to PM. Thanks.
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
PFF
System Bot
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$2000. Thanks,

[This message has been edited by Fipronil (edited 11-05-2014).]

Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where is the car located at now
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is currently located in Fort Pierce, FL (34951).
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. $1950?
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2014 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish you were closer, I'd buy it in a second.
Wally27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wally27Send a Private Message to Wally27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it still for sale??
Fipronil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it's still for sale. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Thanks!
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice clean car i really like when someone clean the car perfectly like you did when its time to take pic for the for sale thread . it show that you take care of the car
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock