NEED 1984 DASH CLUSTER by Carl Calderone
Started on: 08-01-2014 06:45 PM
Replies: 13 (254 views)
Last post by: TONY_C on 08-14-2014 09:54 PM
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone out there have a dash cluster from a 1884 with an Auto trans????? My check engine light is constantly coming on because of a faulty associated with a VSS Buffer. Im told that the cluster MUST be from a 1984 only, as the Buffer is specific to that year Fiero. Any help out there ???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you cant have one in the state side i can pull one from a local junkyard of fiero . there seem to be many 84 fiero send me a pm if you dont find that maybe i can help
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
FieroMeister

Feedback score:    (63)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I have one. Just trying to figure out if it's an '84 or an '85.
I thought they were the same, but, after reading your post now I know better.
Don't want to tell you I have it if I'm not sure.
If there is an easy way to tell please let me know.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carl what about Bruce?

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keeip it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
"Don't hate ... Carburate!"
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

FieroCanada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also have a tan cluster from a duke, however I have no idea what year so im no help.
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lou....as far as I know, Bruce sent all his stuff to scrap yard. What ever he didn't sell that week end. As far as determining the year of a dash cluster...I'm at a loss. Have no idea. Just know that it has to be from an 84 and it has to be from an SE model to ensure it has the appropriate sending unit connections. (By that I mean door ajar , trunk ajar ect. ). I got my hands in one and it was from a base model with a manual trans....so it's not working.

Canada Fiero ....how much for you cluster. Don't need the pod, just the cluster.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Carl. Sent you an email. I have one available.
Mark
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can tell the year by the tachometer.

Volt gauge below tach = 84
oil pressure gauge below tach = 85+
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good call ! That's great info. I didn't know that. Thanks for you help.
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have one for you. Do you just need the speedo? I saw a sliver 84 and a black one the other day, is either of those yours?
PFF
System Bot
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Tony

Thanks for the ask, but I did get what I needed (thanks to Mark) My car is actually a few different colors these days...I'm getting it ready for paint. What year do you have, AND do you need any parts? I have a few things in my garage that I was going to take to the swap meet....til I realized it was 2 1/2 hours away (each way)... you're a local guy so it would be easy to meet, let me know
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carl, glad to hear you got your guages. I got my MRI results and I have two bone breaks and multiple high grade ligament tears. May have to have surgery. I can drive the fiero though, took it out last Friday night. Let
Me know when you'd like to get together . Maybe we can go to the bellmore car show tomorrow night. Maybe get together for a tech session someday soon. I hope your vacation trip went well.
Louis

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keeip it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
"Don't hate ... Carburate!"
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 08-14-2014).]

TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Carl.
I have a White 84, it's off the road right now awaiting a sbc transplant. I bought it in 08 with 70K miles on it and it was my DD for four years. The Duke gave out after I racked up another 100K. It already has an 88 cradle with sway bar, coilovers I built myself and a rebuilt front suspension. It has 88 brakes all around, the rear rotors are stock 88 rotors, the front spindles have been adapted to hold 88 calipers with 12" Vette rotors and 88 booster and master cylinder. It stops like it has a rope tied to it. Best mod I ever did. The plan is to do a 327 TPI swap and swap out the muncie for a getrag. I have a lot of parts, a complete 84 body and some parts from an 88 formula (my son had a clean one that was wrecked, that's where I got the cradle and brakes). He has an 87GT that has the formula's low mileage V6 and getrag transplanted. Its Blue without a wing, maybe you have seen it around.
Tuesday I saw a silver 84 on SS pkwy and a black 84 on Sunrise within 20 minutes. When I read you had an 84, I was sure one had to be you. I don't recall seeing an 84 in years.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock