Gauging interest in 86 383 fastback by carbonfiber_kid
Started on: 07-26-2014 11:32 AM
Replies: 8 (721 views)
Last post by: tshark on 08-09-2014 10:17 AM
carbonfiber_kid

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the inquiries. - the car SOLD and on it's way with a new family

I am testing interest on selling a 383 86 Formula with manual. I originally bought this car to play with while my son and I worked on an 88 3800 swap. When we finished the 88 i was going to surprise him by giving him the 88. Due to an illness he has lost the majority of his eyesight and can no longer drive. I do not need to sell the car but i only drive it on rare occasions since other priorities have taken precedence. My belief is cars need to be driven and it is a shame to let them sit. It does not have AC, but in Michigan that has not been an issue.
I would be willing to sell it for the same great price of $6500. Please do not make low ball others as i will not respond.

here is the link to the original listing from when i bought it https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/053810.html

details of 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE

ZZ4 crate motor stroked to a 383 w/Holley Heads, Dominator Intake, and Edelbrock Carbs, 280H High Lift Cam, Eagle Rods and Crank, Balanced Rotating Assembly, Sanderson Headers, Petronix "FlameThrower" Ignition,electric water pump, Spectre CAI, Getrag 5spd (cryo treated), Centerforce Clutch, Eibach Lowering Springs, sway bars, strut brace and KYB shocks and struts, custom leather interior, digital guages, body work and paint. Konig Wheels and Nitto Tires and cross drilled rotors.

V-8 install using a V-8 Archie Master Kit installed by Archie's shop. I am the 3rd owner since the original install. Current engine was built by HP Performance in Jacksonville, FL and has about 2k miles on it since the rebuild. There is a 3 ring binder with information on the cars history and receipts totally almost 4x the selling price

The chassis has over 118K+ miles and the metal is in fantastic condition. Runs Great and the sound, if you are a v8 person, is intoxicating. Couple that with it's unusual, but very cool color yellow, and it definitely gets attention. I will provide all additional parts I have for the vehicle to include a BG Demon 650 Carb, Cover, Bra, new subwoofer, and a few other odds and ends. It has been a great car,

This is a custom vehicle and is sold as is. This car was once known on PFF as the "Yellow Rooster" I can provide additional pictures and information upon request. PM if interested. Thanks for looking.

Keith
photobuket link http://s66.photobucket.com/...86708773449049464923

I did forget to mention two things; two of the wheels are bent, gggrrrr pot holes, but should be able to be straightened. i am trying to get them to a local shop just have not had time. I drove it last night and getting it into reverse can be finicky.

[This message has been edited by carbonfiber_kid (edited 08-10-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn I just came back from Chicago! I would love to have stopped by and checked it out more closely.
How far away are you from Windsor ON?
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never been a big fan of Centerforce clutches, how is iit handling all that extra HP and torque
I don't believe Archie is using it any more due to slippage

Lack of miles on car makes me think something is up

Can you ease my mind before I make an offer

Any videos of car running or shifting through gears

Cheers
carbonfiber_kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

I have never been a big fan of Centerforce clutches, how is iit handling all that extra HP and torque
I don't believe Archie is using it any more due to slippage
I have not abused it and roll on thee throttle pretty easy. Otherwise the car is sideways or, to your point, the transmission will let go. The only issue i am aware of is reverse being finicky

Lack of miles on car makes me think something is up
you can think whatever you want. I travel a lot for work and when I am home I have other priorities. Hence the reason the black car in the background has gone untouched for the better part of 3 years. Like any hot rod there is always something to play with or do differently. Are there thing I might have done different, yes, but that is me and i did not build the car.

Can you ease my mind before I make an offer
as long as the offer is 6500 we are good

Any videos of car running or shifting through gears
i had not checked my mail before i drove it last night. I will try and get something this weekend.

Cheers

thanks for looking
Keith
carbonfiber_kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
responded to all PM's
carbonfiber_kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
uploaded pictures and a couple videos. Mom made a surprise visit this weekend so no new videos
carbonfiber_kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
uploading videos and photo. i just captured one running through the gear. When i put the phone down the camera was facing down but after i finished up my phone and you can see part of the interior.

http://s66.photobucket.com/...rary/86-383_Fastback

Sale Pending
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First of all, sorry to hear about your son.

Seems to run rough, but I am not familiar with this setup. Looks as if the AC has been removed, although I thought the piece in the front (I don't remember the name, but starts with a 'd', I think) sat back further on the '88s. There's the accumulator, the thing that pulls out the moisture. I'm showing my ignorance of AC.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock