Started on: 07-17-2014 07:47 AM
Replies: 25 (942 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 07-25-2014 04:38 PM
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moved... Parting out
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069765.html

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-26-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<Voice in back of head says "heck yeah"> - Brain says finish rest of project.

Where "Up North" are you located by chance?

ttt

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 07-17-2014).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Where "Up North" are you located by chance?

Do.... it... do... it.
I may even still have the pics when I took it off the car I was planning on installing in my '86SE, but plans changed. I have the C&C install instructions somewhere.

The parts are worth it, I think, and it is complete (well, excluding screws, rivets, p-seals - original are there, for reference). They are getting hard to find with good weatherstripping. I hate to part it out, but may have to, as I don't want to deal with shipping the frame.

I am in the Soo, but may be able to get it down to Saginaw area.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-17-2014).]

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

I hate to part it out, but may have to, as I don't want to deal with shipping the frame.

LMK If you change your mind on the shipping part.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

LMK If you change your mind on the shipping part.

I can ship it, but I wouldn't be able to pack it. I would have to have shipping place pack it ($$$) and we only have UPS/Fed ex, unless you want to have it shipping freight. We don't have a Greyhound around here.

If you are interested, we can talk more, but I would think packing/shipping would be a few hundred dollars, or more.
jonathan2014

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you decide to part it out PM me
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the nos end caps?
shabhafiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shabhafieroClick Here to visit shabhafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to shabhafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it still available and is it complete? if it is I am interested. also would you be willing to meet half way? I am north of ann arbor
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I just found the overhead map light trim and light fixture. They will be included with package.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love these on my 86....

I feel like shipping would be too much though,
especially since my car isn't even running yet..
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

I would love these on my 86....

I feel like shipping would be too much though,
especially since my car isn't even running yet..

I am guessing shipping would be a couple of hundred, or more.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

I am guessing shipping would be a couple of hundred, or more.

I shipped mine for $195 USPS Standard. It was broken up into 5 boxes with each having $75 insurance. Three of the boxes were glass top panels. I was missing some of the smaller pieces but the glass is heavy. You should be able to do it that cheap or better.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I shipped mine for $195 USPS Standard. It was broken up into 5 boxes with each having $75 insurance. Three of the boxes were glass top panels. I was missing some of the smaller pieces but the glass is heavy. You should be able to do it that cheap or better.

While true, I don't have the supplies to package (to properly protect the glass and the weatherstripping, which is still attached to the frame), and I would have to pay for that packaging service... I figure about $50 for that. So... based on your shipping price (here in the Northern part of MI, our shipping is higher), and packaging... it would be around $250 to ship (or more).

BTW, I am willing to ship it, if someone wants to pay for packaging and shipping. I just don't have the supplies to package something like this.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-21-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just went dumpster diving at Burger King and grabbed some of their cardboard. I cut it up and formed it around my parts. I cut some strips and rolled them into tubes for shock absorption and slid them in on the edges, etc. I used a bunch of tape but that was my only expense.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I just went dumpster diving at Burger King and grabbed some of their cardboard. I cut it up and formed it around my parts. I cut some strips and rolled them into tubes for shock absorption and slid them in on the edges, etc. I used a bunch of tape but that was my only expense.

Yup, that is one way to do it. My concern is that if the item is damaged, then no one is happy. I have been on the receiving end of poorly packaged items (not saying you poorly packaged anything), which meant items were broken.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Price lowered to $500.
I may be able to get it to Bay City, MI.

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you happen to have the chassis it came from to get the X beam for structural reinforcement? Anyone know how hard one would be to remove/install?

Greg

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 07-22-2014).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Would you happen to have the chassis it came from to get the X beam for structural reinforcement? Anyone know how hard one would be to remove/install?

Greg

No additional bracing was used. X frame was for convertibles. If you search the tech forum for t-top install, you will see that it is all done from the top of the car. A weekend project.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-22-2014).]

JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can get it down to the St Joseph michigan Area I will take it. JJ
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JJFieroFan:

If you can get it down to the St Joseph michigan Area I will take it. JJ

Sorry. Bay City is as far south as I am going to take it.

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you throw in the extra caps for the extra gas, I would pick them up with cash.

PM if interested,
Greg

------------------

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I am looking at parting this out... I would like to see if there is interested.

Panels, $200 each (1 driver - someone is interested, and 2 passenger - gray and tan). I believe I have the key for the gray ones.
A and B pillar brackets $50 - someone is interested
Header bars - $25
Plastic exterior trim - $100
Trim caps, some are cracked, could be glued with plastic glue (I have done it on another fiero). $50 for the set
NOS trim caps - $200
Overhead light - $50
Trim for interior the moulding for the opening/headliner - $20
A Pillar trim (not shown)... I will sell those also for $25 plus shipping, but it really isn't worth it as you can just cut your own and shipping would be pricey.

Prices do not include shipping.

Let me know if you are seriously interested. I will get photos of the glass panels (they have been wrapped to protect them).

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-25-2014).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
... (double post)

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-25-2014).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Pictures of glass panels added.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay