Front Cross Member by cheapindy
Started on: 07-12-2014 08:24 PM
Replies: 5 (298 views)
Last post by: cheapindy on 07-14-2014 10:32 PM
cheapindy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheapindySend a Private Message to cheapindyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the other day I started hearing a clunking noise coming from passenger side front suspension. I jacked the car up and took a look to see if I could identify the source of the noise. Turns out the sleeve that the upper control arm pivot bolt slides through has broken off of the front cross member. See the pictures below.

Does anyone in Florida have one of these they are willing to part with? If so, let me know where you are and what you want for it. I'm in Melbourne Florida which is 20 min south of Cocoa Beach. Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ironhead.76

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ironhead.76Click Here to visit ironhead.76's HomePageSend a Private Message to ironhead.76Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
cheapindy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheapindySend a Private Message to cheapindyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just picked up a cross member from WickedFieroGTP today. Thanks for the help.
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny, I started hearing a rattling noise coming from my front pass side, gotta check out what that may be.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keeip it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
"Don't hate ... Carburate!"
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

cheapindy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheapindySend a Private Message to cheapindyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When this first started it sounded almost like a dry poly control arm bushing, but louder. I now know it was the sound of steel tearing next to the weld. If it breaks all the way around the weld you will notice that the steering wheel turns about 5 degrees to the right when you apply the brakes and then returns to it's normal position when you press on the gas. Hopefully it's something that isn't as severe on your Fiero. Good luck.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock