Started on: 07-11-2014 05:51 PM
Replies: 13 (618 views)
Last post by: Glen87 on 08-16-2014 11:09 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going in a different direction with my Wide Body project so I have an 86 - 2.8V6 with auto up for sale. Has 62k on it. I pulled it to repair some broken exhaust bolts. Those are done now comes with new stainless exhaust studs and nuts. I also installed new intake gaskets along with fresh powder coated lower, middle and upper intakes and valve covers. Also comes with freshly powder coated accessory brackets. Vac lines and upper intake needs installed. New Dizzy O Ring - will need cap rotor and wires. New Water Pump, all new temp sensors installed. Exhaust logs are welded and ported but need to be installed. Injectors have been serviced and installed - serviced by Mr. Injector in Idaho. Motor / Trans complete with new mounts. Will need new Serp belt and new AC belt. I do not know the condition of the AC pump - system was charged but I did not check to see if the clutch was engaging before I pulled it. I did drive this car about 250 miles from South Dakota to Omaha. Motor ran well and trans shifted fine when I pulled it. I did install a new TCC switch while it was out. Trans pan and Oil pan is pretty clean - only oil leaks I could find were the valve covers, front of the intake, Dizzy, Oil Pressure Sensor and the normal trans pan/oil pan seepage. Asking 450.00 if I finish putting it together - 350.00 as is - make me an offer? Prefer local pick up. I have a hoist and can get it into your truck/trailer. I would consider delivering it within 300 to 400 mile radius of Omaha - we'd have to talk about that. It is also currently mounted to a solid 86 cradle - I would consider leaving it together if you had a complete 86 cradle to trade. Cradle needs some cleaning - there is little rust - all surface - cradle and the A Arm bushings look fair. I'd need something comparable in trade - cradle, suspension, knuckles, etc. Not really interested in messing with shipping - I just don't have the time. Not looking to part it out - just yet!

Pics of the motor and more details can be found here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/093852-2.html

List of new/reconditioned parts:
Lower Intake - powder coated
Middle Intake - powder coated
Upper Intake - powder coated
New Felpro intake gaskets
Valve Covers - powder coated
Felpro vavle cover gaskets
Lifetime warranty O'Reilly's Water pump
New Front Motor Mount
New Front and Rear Trans Mounts
New Rodney Dickman Dizzy Oring
Welded and Ported Exhaust Logs - new stainless studs an nuts / new gaskets. I do have the Y Pipe - it's cut and I started the porting - my die grinder blew up and I have yet to buy a new one.
New Gauge Temp Sensor (head)
New Cold Start Injector Temp Sensor
New Temp Sensor (Fan)
New Temp Sensor (ECM)
New Oil Pressure Sensor
AC and various front accessory brackets are powder coated
Alternator Bracket has been cleaned and coated with Aircraft grade aluminum coating. (done at a Aircraft engine shop - my boy works there)
Brake Booster Tube and TB to Lower intake tubes are powder coated.
Injectors serviced - cleaned, flow matched with new caps, filters and O Rings.
EGR Tube is in perfect shape
I have a complete set of good plastic vac lines

Well over 400.00 in new/reconditioned parts alone. Drop me a PM if your interested.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunday Bump
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hump Day Bump
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpers!

Somebody needs this - no reasonable offer refused - off to the scraper next Saturday!

85red2m6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shame to see all that hard work go to the scrapper...

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero GT Convertible - 3.8SC 4-spd - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily driver - 300k miles and still goin
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC parts/wiring donor for 85 Vert

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85red2m6:

shame to see all that hard work go to the scrapper...

I know - will probably find a spot in the corner of the garage for now. Somebody will need it - sometime down the road. Maybe I'll find another project car once I have these two done?
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Pat, You heading to Albuquerque anytime soon?????

------------------
88 Formula CJB
84 Fiero 2.8
84 Fiero 2.5
11 Camaro SS/RS LS3 6.2
13 Traverse LS 3.6
12 Silverado Z71 5.3
12 Tahoe LT 5.3

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not anything planned - you need a motor / trans?
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
never know. I'm always looking to rat hole something good. Wouldn't want a special trip though. I sold my last one last week. I have three sheds full of parts left over. Need anything??? I still have a good 4 speed on the shelf. a million body parts, and totes of junk.
I'm on the hunt for a good daily driver.

------------------
NoFieros at this time...
11 Camaro SS/RS LS3 6.2
11 Avalanche LT 5.3
14 Malibu LT 2.5
12 Tahoe LT 5.3
83 Yamaha Turbo Seca 650

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have not had one nibble on it in the last few weeks. I'll pull it off the cradle this week and stash it in the corner. Not sure what it would cost to ship it - but I'd make you a special deal. My oldest boy is working in New Mexico. He has a brand new Ford F150. It's parked at my house - I may be headed out that way to deliver it to him. Would not take much to toss this motor in the back and drop it off on the way.........
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know when you might be making a road trip. If you still have it, I might have a home for it.
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sad your so far away..
that and I haven't made up my mind on what to repower mine with yet..
so many options.. so little time..
good luck with it.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 07-28-2014).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumper pad

Removing the motor/trans from the cradle this evening. Perfect time for someone to make me an offer I can't refuse!
Glen87

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Glen87Send a Private Message to Glen87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sending PM

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock