Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Turbo 86' 2M6 with 46k. Need gone ASAP (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Turbo 86' 2M6 with 46k. Need gone ASAP by fieroguy123
Started on: 07-09-2014 06:13 PM
Replies: 40 (2313 views)
Last post by: Vanet on 08-26-2014 06:55 PM
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PRICE DROP. $2500 takes it home!

2014 has been a terrible year for me and the hits just keep on coming. I need to seel the Fiero asap to get caught up on bills and make MORE car repairs.

86' 2M6 Turbo with 46k original miles. Absolutely rust free, mint interior, 2.8 automatic and its Very Very quick. Running a Haltech ecm with a few aftermarket exterior mods. Paint is in great shape with the exception of the aftermarket scoop that was installed on the rear deck lid. I've put maybe 10 miles on the car since I bought it but it drives like its brand new.

I have a large stack of paperwork from the PO describing ALL of the work that's been done to the car, where it was done and when. Over $9k in performance work and receipts to prove it. Anything and everything you could want to know about the car is in that paperwork including oil changes every 2000 miles.

Please call Bobby at 317-238-0655

The car is $3000 firm to forum members, going on Craig's list tonight for $4kobo.

I'm having a very difficult time posting pics from photo bucket using my phone. Please text or email for more pictures.

Thank you. Car is located on the NW side of Indianapolis

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 08-11-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BabyEating Dingo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No engine bay pics?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photos added to the craigslist link above

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 07-09-2014).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No bites? I gotta say, I'm a little surprised.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero market seems really slow these days. If I had extra cash I'd consider it. The twins are expensive so there is no extra cash these days.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

The Fiero market seems really slow these days. If I had extra cash I'd consider it. The twins are expensive so there is no extra cash these days.

Long time no speak FM88, haven't talked to you since you bought the Lt3 from me. I've been following your thread and the car looks really nice. I didn't realize that you're a father of twins as well. I know EXACTLY how expensive it can be, Lol.
bigjoe25

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bigjoe25Send a Private Message to bigjoe25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in this car if I could get some more info. My email is bigjoe25@gmail.com or you can just post what I'm looking for here. Mainly I'm wanting to know what's all done to the engine, such as if the pistons have been changed to forged and lower compression and things like that. Maybe even a dyno sheet?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bigjoe25:

I'd be interested in this car if I could get some more info. My email is bigjoe25@gmail.com or you can just post what I'm looking for here. Mainly I'm wanting to know what's all done to the engine, such as if the pistons have been changed to forged and lower compression and things like that. Maybe even a dyno sheet?

I've not found anything in the paperwork that came with the car that would lead me to believe that the engine has ever been opened up. As far as I know its 100% stock internally.

I know that this engine will blow up someday, everyone knows 2.8s are boat anchors. But I bought it with the intention of changing the motor over to a 3.4PR that's built and bolt all the turbo stuff back on. I bought the car for the low miles and excellent condition.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice, but the interior has heat/age swelling, so can't be mint. May help to have more interior pics. Are the headlights flush-mount?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 07-13-2014).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Price drop to $2500
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a fun car. Besides the turbo I see what lookslike flush mounts up front and a mustang scoop on the decklid, side scoops too, and pillar gauges.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-12-2014).]

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who completed the installation and what's the HP?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Who completed the installation and what's the HP?

The guy that built it had a speed shop do all of the work, and I have no idea what the HP is, suppose that would depend on what the boost is set at.

Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it have working A/C?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was told when I bought it that it does work, but there was no belt on it and I never put one on, so I'm going to go with no.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey at least its all there
My nephew is looking at buying his first Fiero
Im just trying to figure out the logistics and cost after $ conversion and duty
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quad GT

1612 posts
Member since Aug 2002
In your opinion can the car make the drive to Toronto?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

In your opinion can the car make the drive to Toronto?

Im not sure how to answer that. I'd like to believe it would but it does need tuned (I have the software for your laptop and the cable) but the main concern would be that the headers have a crack at the flange on the #5 and #6 cylinders. I had intended on doing a 3.4pr swap and welding the cracks while the motor was out so it never concerned me before, but personally I would be worried about a fire if I were running 3k rpm for that many hours. The crack on the trunk side is no big deal, but it still has the firewall insulation so the crack on the backside causes me to worry about a drive that long.

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw that its an automatic, he wants manual
Good luck
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buying a house, nowhere to keep the car. $2000 and she's yours. Any takers?
bigjoe25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigjoe25Send a Private Message to bigjoe25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

If it's not gone by Aug. 21 I will see how my finances are and may take it off your hands.

*edit* I was wondering what options it has? Does it have power windows/locks/rear view mirrors or manual? I prefer manual but power doesn't mean it's a deal breaker.

[This message has been edited by bigjoe25 (edited 08-14-2014).]

OilAnalyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OilAnalystSend a Private Message to OilAnalystEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will let you know for sure by end of weekend. I'm the one coming to look at it tomorrow.

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OilAnalyst:

Will let you know for sure by end of weekend. I'm the one coming to look at it tomorrow.

10-4

FieroOilAnalyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroOilAnalystClick Here to visit FieroOilAnalyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroOilAnalystEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

10-4

Actually, I just found my previous username and actually remembered the password!! Hoping to be back in the community shortly! Will see you a little after 5:00.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks nice and just 46K.
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how much psi boost is it pushin
FieroOilAnalyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroOilAnalystClick Here to visit FieroOilAnalyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroOilAnalystEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To anyone that is thinking of picking up this car...I took it for a spin on Friday. Listen...this little car is well worth the dollars being asked. In fact, you're stealing it for the dollars being asked in my humble opinion. Few quirks need to be worked out...but nothing that is not normal for these cars. It's an excellent starting point for someone that is looking for a toy. From an exterior perspective, you'll want to swap out the deck lid. That's it. No paint needed...just a less than adequate job on the scoop. If you're good with body work, then you can actually fix it easy enough...I just prefer the regular lid.

You're not going to find seats in better condition. She could use a bit of TLC from a detailing perspective...but you should be doing that no matter what car you end up with.

Driving- not perfect but certainly lets you drive with some spirit...I've driven MUCH worse that I considered just fine. In fact, if I'd taken a little more time behind the wheel to get used to it, I'm sure I could've taken that corner with a bit more spunk! (Its been almost 15 years since I drove my last Fiero) She does get moving right now though. She'll move even quicker when the headers are replaced or repaired. 65 mph seemed to be the car's comfort speed. It really seemed to like cruising at that speed. Things that would make the drive better- poly bushings. It felt like this one still has original rubber. If they've been upgraded...I'd look into another swap. And the brakes have the classic original mush...but nothing scary and nothing unsafe. Like I said- if you're looking for a car that you can drive right away and use as a solid foundation for modification...this is it. It's nice enough that you can drive it today with no worries...but its also far enough from show room perfect that you can start your own touches without disrespecting someone else's dream of the car.

The ONLY reason that I am not the new owner of this car is because my wife politely asked me to not get a car right now (she said "no"). BTW- meeting and talking to Fieroguy123 and his family was an absolute pleasure. Not sure you'll ever find nicer people (just don't bring a brand new trailer around the boy when he has his BB gun out). If he ends up keeping it and finding a place to work on it...he's got himself a wrenching partner right here.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Thank you so much for the review of the car and the flattering compliments Matt!

It was a pleasure meeting you and your daughter and we should definitely grab a beer sometime soon, bet we could find some trouble to get into!
FieroOilAnalyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroOilAnalystClick Here to visit FieroOilAnalyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroOilAnalystEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow! Thank you so much for the review of the car and the flattering compliments Matt!

It was a pleasure meeting you and your daughter and we should definitely grab a beer sometime soon, bet we could find some trouble to get into!

Trouble is always fun!
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FWIW - I *still* can't believe this car didn't get snapped up in a moment for $2k. If you were closer I'd be emptying my pockets trying to figure out how to make it work...

That being said, I plastered this link on a few Facebook Fiero pages last night in hopes of peaking some interest for you!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

FWIW - I *still* can't believe this car didn't get snapped up in a moment for $2k. If you were closer I'd be emptying my pockets trying to figure out how to make it work...

That being said, I plastered this link on a few Facebook Fiero pages last night in hopes of peaking some interest for you!

Dude! You rock! I'm shocked that you would be so willing to go out of your way like that for me, I greatly appreciate your comments and assistance Sir!

Vanet

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
like so many others if it wernt so far away I would already own it. Good luck with your sale.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent

------------------

2014 Chevy Camaro LT RS
2009 Chevy HHR LT
1989 Pontiac Sunbird LE coupe
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C II still in donor car
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 auto - getting stripped
1985 Fiero SE 3.4 V6 4 spd - wifes
1984 Fiero Indy #1098

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm returned Kev
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. I really need this car gone
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to take it off you hands but what's stopping me is...

1) I have an Indy Fiero I need to get rid of first.
2) It's an automatic. I still haven't recovered from converting the Indy to manual.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How hard was it to convert the Indy to manual?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C'mon now, somebody make me an offer please
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock