Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  85 GT drivetrain drop if you want it, just come get it.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
85 GT drivetrain drop if you want it, just come get it. by cmechmann
Started on: 06-21-2014 10:37 PM
Replies: 2 (187 views)
Last post by: cmechmann on 06-23-2014 06:24 PM
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just dropped the trans, engine, and cradle out of my 85 GT. Removed the front coolant tube, frozen compressor, cracked A/C bracket, injectors(but you can have them too), sway bar and the harness.
It has about 147,000 miles on it but runs and trans didn't slip. Used very little oil. A little due to the old valve seals. Has the EGR block off. No cracks in the exhaust manifolds or crossover pipe.(looked like they had been replaced before) For that matter, the complete exhaust is there. including the tips(except for the converter). The cradle has the typical battery side pitting, but I didn't see any holes(but i didn't clean it to look) Has all sending units and sensors. EGR valve and solenoid toast.
I installed a series 1 3800SC just enough to get it home. (still have a lot of wiring, wiring and more wiring to do, but the heavy mechanical done) runs but like crap. Out of the 6 3800 injectors, one sprayed. Put the 2.8s in to get home. Have gotten the 3800s cleaned and flowing about an hour ago and they go back in tomorrow. That's why you can have the 2.8 injectors back. They appear to be Holley.
I bit the bullet and had to pay my shop so I could drop it. (paid myself and then some). The PO states replacing rear main seal(dropping cradle included) to make it legit.
I need to get the old drive train out of there before the District super comes by.
If no answers from here, I have no choice but to let the scappers have it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86GTBen

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTBenSend a Private Message to 86GTBenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's gone

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock