Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS - New Suspension Techniques Lowering Spring set for '84-'87 Fieros

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS - New Suspension Techniques Lowering Spring set for '84-'87 Fieros by FieroMeister
Started on: 06-21-2014 11:47 AM
Replies: 18 (696 views)
Last post by: FieroMeister on 07-22-2014 03:55 PM
FieroMeister

Feedback score:    (63)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold and shipped!!!
Thanks Taijiguy!!

Here's a new, never installed set of Suspension Techniques lowering springs.
Bought them for my '86 SE years ago and never installed.
$200 plus shipping (CONUS only please).
Here's a pic.....

Thanks for looking.

[This message has been edited by FieroMeister (edited 07-25-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is lowering amount for those springs?

------------------
86 GT 3.8 SC/ 5 speed Getrag swap in progress

05 Mustang GT Supercharged tuned down from
560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo

Spiders1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spiders1

178 posts
Member since Jul 2013
Couldn't find a listing on their website.

------------------

560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo

FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spider, I've gotten a lot of PM inquiries on this issue.
To be honest I bought these so long ago that I can't recall with any certainty, but, I believe that the drop was 1.5 inch front and 1 inch rear.
ST made the better of the sets available, IMHO. They had a much better progressive rate on the rear that allowed to car to be a good daily driver on the street and still perform great on the track and in autocross. Comfy when needed and stiff when pushed.
There should be a lot of good info on the web on the quality of these springs and their performance characteristics. There was a ton of good info available when I bought them.
Hope that helps.
kmd85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmd85Send a Private Message to kmd85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kmd85:

PM Sent.

PM replied......thanks.
Spiders1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully they sell quick bro..too much of a drop for me.

------------------

560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo

FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're certainly not for everybody.
If you have larger than stock wheels and a good set of sway bars it's really no problem. It depends a lot on what you'll do with the car and, of course, what your roads are like if it's strictly for a daily driver.
I always thought the car looked awesome and rode and handled really well with these springs, but, that was quite a few years ago and I may feel differently now if I was to jump into one of my old cars!!
Still gotta say thought, the car LOOKED AWESOME!!
Canyonflyer

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CanyonflyerSend a Private Message to CanyonflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ST has discontinued these so you're not going to find any info on them from their website... I looked into buying a set a while back but when I inquired ST about the spring rates, they said they don't make them anymore and wouldn't give me an answer.

I'm curious what they are compared to the Eibach's. I've got the Eibachs in both of my cars... If you're going to do any hard cornering i.e. racing or track, you will have to trim the bumpstops back. It's loud as hell when you ride on them and hampers your turning ability.

FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Canyonflyer, thanks for that input.
As stated in one of my posts above, that is my understanding of the main difference between the STs and most of the other spring sets that were available for the Fiero back in the day.
I had several friends that did racing and autocross with their Fieros and most of them had the Enkei springs and they were really tough on the street. They may be better than the STs for the track. That's why I went with the STs for my cars. The ride was still pretty comfortable (for a lowered car with stiffer springs) and it still handled great and the stance was really nice. Best of both worlds in my opinion.
The set that is for sale was the last set that I bought and then I ended up selling the car before I got to install the springs.
Hope that helps anyone that may be interested.
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM'd
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

PM'd

And PM'ed you back!
kmd85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmd85Send a Private Message to kmd85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! I was in line for these but have decided to go coilover. FieroMeister is a great guy, I have dealt with him before. Always good communication and a great transaction! Someone that is in the market for lowering springs will likely be very happy with these!

[This message has been edited by kmd85 (edited 07-21-2014).]

FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kmd85:

Bump! I was in line for these but have decided to go coilover. FieroMeister is a great guy, I have dealt with him before. Always good communication and a great transaction! Someone that is in the market for lowering springs will likely be very happy with these!

Thanks Kyle. Much appreciated. Good luck with those coil overs!!
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still interested....
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm still interested....

Yep. No shortage of interest, just shortage of cash so far.
My next step is I'll split the shipping cost with the buyer. I really need to get some project dollars and I think the price is fair, but, I've been wrong on occasion!!
Thanks for the interest!!!
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM'ed
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM'ed

Got your PM and replied!
Looks like maybe, possibly, there is a bit of a chance that these may be sold folks!!!
We'll see.
Thanks in any case for all the interest!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock