Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Ferrari/Fiero 308 GTS with 3800 SC FOR SALE!!!!!!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrari/Fiero 308 GTS with 3800 SC FOR SALE!!!!!! by Merlinhaggard
Started on: 05-25-2014 02:19 AM
Replies: 17 (936 views)
Last post by: Merlinhaggard on 05-26-2014 01:50 PM
Merlinhaggard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This 1985 Fiero GT was bought brandnew and taken to the shop and had the 308 body kit put on. The original owner owned it until I bought it about 6-7 months ago. The body is in really good shape. The chassis is completely rust free with 61000 ,miles on it. I drove it home from about 100 miles away from my home in Houston. Front end wobbled around 70 mph.

I bought a 2000 model 3.8 litre SC motor from a wrecked Buick Park Ave Ultra with 60200 miles on it. So the car and motor basically have the same miles.

I bought a mount kit and all the extras to mate the 3800 to the original 4 speed getrag. The motor runs strong, cool and has great oil pressure. No wierd noises etc. Runs very smooth and strong. Excellent motor.

I put coil overs on the back and cut the front springs 1.5 coils. The stance is beautiful. I have the aftermarket Ferrari 15's on it with good tires with a lot of tread.

I cut the trunk and used a spintec muffler. Exhaust runs to the mounts and need to be completed to the back.

All new tie rod ends, bushings, ball joints etc. Nre brakes. I had to use spacers for the calipers to clear the ferrari wheels. Looks very good.

Tranny is strong full of royal purple syncromesh.

I used a Fiero Flyer harness,everything works. I do have a check engine light but I should have that figured out very soon. Shouldnt be a big deal at all.

I rebuilt both headlight motors. They go up and down, up and down, as they should. All blinkers, lights andf gauges work as they should.

The radiator fan is wired straight to the ignition. Needs to be sorted out.

The body is fiberglass obviously and is very straight. The paint is decent at 20 feet.

I covered the front hood with carbon fiber vinyl and it looks like crap up close. 1st time trying it. I painted the hood and put the vinyl on too soon and it pulled up some paint. When I put it backl down you can see where the paint moved. It looks kinda cool and OK from a distance but not show quality. The black paint overall is nice. Ther are chips (which I painted) here and there and some bubble patches in a few spots, But again the body is straight.

Interior is pretty nice,. The dash has a stain that I cant get off but I havent tried too hard. Seats carpet etc are in pretty good shape.

Car has Ferrari decals and emblems. Very nice Momo Stering wheel.

I drove it the other day and it is scary fast.

New brakes, bled brake lines/ all new fluid. Drained coolant system filled with good fluids. Drained tranny and put in new seals and filled with Royal Purple syncromesch,.

New Battery, New wiring, removed fuel tank, cleaned, put in high flow fuel pump.

I replaced wiring, nuts, bolts and screws where needed.

The bad (if you call it that)

Paint bubbles
Parking brake not connected
Probably needs allignment
Exhaust needs to be finished. No biggie
Passenger door wont open from outside. Ill probably have that fixed tomorrow.
Windoen roll up ad down very slow. Either need to be cleaned or these adapters Adapter link
AC is all there, not hooked up. Blower blows etc.. I also bloked the heater hoses but they ca be rerun. I also removed the thermostat. Im in Texas.

Has spare tire, tools, front compartment very clean.

This whole car is straight and clean, no rust, no other serious issues.

Motor runs like a demond.

Ill post some pics tomorrow.

Want to start the price at 8k. Easily worth it. I think it could bring 9k. First 8 k takes it. Should be a good deal.

I live in Pearland Texas and am here for any questions.

Here is a youtube video of when I first got it running. Its a lot cleaner now. Again Ill post pics tomorow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ09sz26rn4

Please ask questions.

All work was done by me in my shop. Ive restored 25+ cars over the years. I take my time and use quality materials.

If interested please let me know. Ill have it on Ebay within a few days..

Thanks to all the foum guys that have taught me the correct way to complete this process!!!

The car is not inspected or registered. I have a blue Texas Title in my name.

So I have a very drivable, very fast car wirh a whole lot of newparts. Like a Dickman clutch slave, new brakes, suspension parts etc.

Starts on first try, idles perfect, runs perfect. Just needs whatever youwant to make is show quality or drive it right now the way it is.

8k is a very fair price and it is my bottom. Lets make a deal..

PICS TOMORROW... My cell is 832-722-8570. My name is Shane.. First call takes it home.. You can email me at shane.peeples@yahoo.com
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a killer deal! Literally, I might take a life for it (kidding!!).

Was 308 Kit from those that EVM_Rob sells?

*EDIT* After re-reading, I saw where you said this was put on back in '85 when it was purchased by first owner.

[This message has been edited by akademikjeanius (edited 05-25-2014).]

Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year is the engine?

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
Where driving hard is SOP.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
The "DuetLorean"
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Carbed and loving it! (Peugot 604 manifold) ---"Sorry purists"

Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2000 From a Buick Park Ave Ultra..
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I should have seen that b4 I asked.
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No this is an excellent deal. Bad timing for me. 6 months one way or the other and I would own this.
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to ask this, but should I ask more for it? You guys have helped me this far....
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Merlinhaggard

143 posts
Member since Aug 2013
Some pics. They suck. Ill pull it out of the garage asap and take some good ones. Finishing up a few things. Putting the back hatch back on etc...

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Merlinhaggard:

I hate to ask this, but should I ask more for it? You guys have helped me this far....

I wouldsay with the market tthe way it is at this point and the fact the swap hasn't been proofed out yet as being a soils DD then ur price is on point.

------------------
L-67/65E-HD Swap
XP Cam, ZZP IC, LS1 TB, ZZP Stage 4 Blower, 3.25 Pulley, TOGS, 3 Inch Exhaust, 3.29 Gears, 3000 Stall

Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is a soils DD? Thanks MBWare, you have helped me a lot too. Can you emond me what clutxh I bought from you? Stage 3 ??? Brand...
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Merlinhaggard

143 posts
Member since Aug 2013
More pics

PFF
System Bot
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is a soils DD? Thanks MBWare, you have helped me a lot too. Can you emond me what clutxh I bought from you? Stage 3 ??? Brand...

I believe he meant solid daily driver. Other words the engine swap has all the bugs worked out.

The car looks really nice, the only thing I see is that it needs the mirrors swapped out.

I think $8k is a good deal for the car. Solid replica, nice interior, correct rims, good color, nice swap.
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Merlinhaggard

143 posts
Member since Aug 2013
It does need better mirrirs. They do work though. Ive driven it probably 20-30 miles and it runs perfect. Temp and oil presure are good. Not a prob at all. Thanks for all the help!!!!
reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4-speed Getrag--interesting.

------------------

Dick
Mera #8046 (Miss January, Mile High Fieros 2014 calendar)
1987 GT T-boned (RIP)
1988 GT T-Top (The Fiero Store Calendar: Miss February 2012)
1987 McBurnie Daytona Spyder

Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I miss something Dick?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did I miss something Dick?

4 speed was a Muncie
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. Dick could have said that. Youre a cool guy though..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock