Started on: 05-14-2014 09:48 PM
Replies: 38 (1840 views)
Last post by: straws on 02-29-2016 07:16 PM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EDIT: Sold and shipped!

EDIT: Price reduced - $350 plus shipping for everything here or $300 to omit the extra glass which will also save postage costs! All parts, extra passenger side glass, C&C book, printed DIY instructions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I met a local man a few days ago that is getting rid of some cars and parts. One of his cars was an 87 GT. He had purchased a T-top conversion kit for it but never installed it. The car is now gone and he asked me to see if there was any interest in his T-top kit.

I have seen the T section and two glass panels. I think he said he had 3 glass panels but I don't know which side he has two of. He also mentioned sun shades. I did not see them so I don't know if he still has them. I would guess that if he does still have them, they would be included. He also has a box of weatherstripping and trim pieces. I don't know what all is in there and I doubt he does either. He mentioned locks so I assume they are there.

Does anyone have an interest in these parts? What is the going rate for this stuff? Do people normally pick up this sort of thing or can these pieces be shipped safely (and economically)?

Any comments or suggestions for this sort of thing would be much appreciated. If you have any questions, I'll try to get answers to them. He is supposed to take some pics and send them to my phone. That's all I have right now.

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 07-19-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures

There is a bit of interest, there was just someone asking in the general chat area, & two people recently created 'how to' topics in technical.

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 05-14-2014).]

Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in the t-top conversion, how much do those go for usually?

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
Where driving hard is SOP.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. That is until I can find a 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
The "DuetLorean"
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Carbed and loving it! (Peugot 604 manifold) ---"Sorry purists"

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I met a local man a few days ago that is getting rid of some cars and parts. One of his cars was an 87 GT. He had purchased a T-top conversion kit for it but never installed it. The car is now gone and he asked me to see if there was any interest in his T-top kit.

I have seen the T section and two glass panels. I think he said he had 3 glass panels but I don't know which side he has two of. He also mentioned sun shades. I did not see them so I don't know if he still has them. I would guess that if he does still have them, they would be included. He also has a box of weatherstripping and trim pieces. I don't know what all is in there and I doubt he does either. He mentioned locks so I assume they are there.

Does anyone have an interest in these parts? What is the going rate for this stuff? Do people normally pick up this sort of thing or can these pieces be shipped safely (and economically)?

Any comments or suggestions for this sort of thing would be much appreciated. If you have any questions, I'll try to get answers to them. He is supposed to take some pics and send them to my phone. That's all I have right now.

Less than $200 to ship mine from Omaha to me here just south of Houston,Tx.
formulaWA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested. I sent u a PM.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in the third panel if it happens to be for the driver side, and in good condition.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sent a text asking for pics and which side the extra glass fits.

From my search here in the forum Mall, it looks like these kits sell for $4-500 plus shipping. Does that sound about right? I'm open to offers by PM of course being contingent on satisfaction with the pics, etc.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
The extra glass panel is for the PASSENGER side. Will post a pic of it later. Obviously, the "spare" one will be rougher of the two and the nicer one will remain with the kit.
Temi 300

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Temi 300Send a Private Message to Temi 300Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Temi 300

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Temi 300Send a Private Message to Temi 300Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Temi 300

13 posts
Member since Aug 2010
Hello !
I am from finland ,Can you send it to my friend Florida.How much is shipping to Florida ?
How much is this t-top conversion ?
Is there all parts you need to converse normal to T-top
Teemu

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to go pick up the parts tomorrow so I can separate them, clean them up a bit and take decent photos. Then we can see what is here and we can determine if the kit is complete. I will need your help with that since I don't know what a complete kit consists of.
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up the parts. This is how I received them just a few minutes ago. I have not tried to clean them up or anything. They had been in storage for about 5 years. I do know one side is missing a locking cylinder and the side that has one present has no key.

Here is an original C&C book:

Here is a stack of printed pages with color pictures showing the installation process:

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Since the cost of these kits runs in the $4-500 range and this one is on the rough side, $400 plus shipping works for me.

If anyone needs the extra passenger side glass panel, $50 plus shipping.

Let me know if these prices are out of line and post or PM your offers.

I accept PayPal.
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
U have a PM
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cleaned up the side with the lock cylinder. The glass is completely in tact. That is not to say it couldn't benefit from some glass polishing. The whiteish line around the edge looks to be where the panels have been overlapped by the rubber seals. This effect could have been caused by removing and re-installing while dirt was present. It might also just be some calcium deposits left from washing the car without thorough drying.

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 05-19-2014).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call me on my cell and I can tell you what I don't see in your pictures. PM sent with my cel number. I will need your area code so I can answer the call. I don't answer numbers I don't know usually.

I would love to have scans of those pages with the pictures.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 05-19-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still available. Make an offer.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dropping the price to increase interest.

$350 plus shipping for everything including the C&C book, the printed DIY instructions, and the extra passenger side glass (if you want to pay postage on it).

ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very tempting. What would shipping be to 27410 (Greensboro, NC)?

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

jonathan2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if I'm not too late how much would be shipping. To 64076 press mo
jonathan2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jonathan2014

71 posts
Member since Dec 2013
edit double post 1st 1 too lol

[This message has been edited by jonathan2014 (edited 05-21-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChuckLS1:

Very tempting. What would shipping be to 27410 (Greensboro, NC)?

Maybe I could meet you in Asheville with it? Would have to calculate my fuel cost if you are interested.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EDIT: Price reduced - $350 plus shipping for everything here or $300 to omit the extra glass which will also save postage costs!

All parts include extra passenger side glass, C&C book, printed DIY instructions.
jonathan2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonathan2014Send a Private Message to jonathan2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EDIT: Price reduced - $350 plus shipping for everything here or $300 to omit the extra glass which will also save postage costs!

All parts include extra passenger side glass, C&C book, printed DIY instructions.

You have a pm

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonathan2014:

You have a pm

PM returned.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would this work on an 85 GT that has the factory sunroof already?

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
Where driving hard is SOP.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
The "DuetLorean"
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Carbed and loving it! (Peugot 604 manifold) ---"Sorry purists"

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

Would this work on an 85 GT that has the factory sunroof already?

All Fieros are made with a sunroof. Some just have a solid panel over them. No joke. Any Fiero will have to be modified to accept a T-top. The process to modify all Fieros will be the same except for the inherent differences between fastback and notchies and the different options such as sunroofs or solid tops and subwoofer controls, etc.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is a notchback and I will be installing the subwoofer control I bought.
Will this work with that?
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have received a down payment for the T-top.
JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did this end up being sold??
Thanks!
quins&dads88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And if not. I will send money post haste! Let us know.
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold and shipped today!
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man, that's a shame to see a complete t-top conversion AND a manual going for $350. The last few I saw went for $650-700. No wonder fieros and parts aren't worth anything anymore.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

man, that's a shame to see a complete t-top conversion AND a manual going for $350. The last few I saw went for $650-700. No wonder fieros and parts aren't worth anything anymore.

I still have my kit for sale $600 and it is complete. The problem is shipping it, as that raises the price.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Keep in mind that this one had no headliner, torn seals and was missing parts. I think $350 was fair.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

Keep in mind that this one had no headliner, torn seals and was missing parts. I think $350 was fair.

Also that I was more interested in saving the parts than making a profit on them. I was going to continue to drop the price weekly until they sold for whatever they brought.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

I still have my kit for sale $600 and it is complete. The problem is shipping it, as that raises the price.

You should contact Jonathan2014 to see if you can work out a deal for the parts he needs.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2016 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just heard from the guy I bought the t-top from. He has found the missing parts. I will pick them up tonight. I need my buyer to contact me.
straws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2016 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have most of my T-top setup left for sale. Top glass, locks, mechanisms, corner trims, A & B pillars, dome light, front and rear seals (need work). No frame or covers over the mechanism (sold).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock