Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Feeler for a very cheap replacement engine.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Feeler for a very cheap replacement engine. by eldervampire
Started on: 04-17-2014 06:01 AM
Replies: 5 (309 views)
Last post by: eldervampire on 04-19-2014 03:11 PM
eldervampire

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,

So I've been without a Fiero for a long while now. But I recently traded a laptop for an 85 that has seen better days.
I'm currently going through a divorce, and need to try and get this ol girl back one the road as soon as possible since im going to be giving the soon-to-be Ex-wife the truck.

The PO told me that he believed it needed re-ringing, but I managed to get her started and she's knocking and smoking as well.
SO..im looking for an engine, a Duke preferably but a 2.8 would work if the bits come with it and it's cheap enough. I'm putting together what funds I can right now, but I'm paying for two mortgages right now. So I was hoping someone may have an engine laying around that they would let go in the cheap. I'm in the 42050 Zip code but can travel some distance to pick up the powerplant.

Let me know what you guys have, and lets see If I can get this gal back on the street.

Thanks all,

Michal
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
don't know if you are interested but I have a 2.8 that needs some work. at least probly head gaskets. When I took it out the car was losing some water, i am guessing out the exhaust cause there was no water in the oil. I can't guarantee anything with the engine but it is still on cradle with the four speed hooked up to it. you are welcome to come look at it. I would take 100 for it all. I am in martin tn.

------------------
Scott
85 gt

FieroJimmy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a complete, running 85 duke, but 850 miles is propably farther than you want to go for it. $150 with a complete gasket set and timing gear set. It has about 106k on it.
eldervampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy, thanks bro but yeah, that's a bit of a haul. Scott, PM sent to you bro.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a COMPLETE "Takeout", 2.8 with automatic trans,(90K) with All wiring and computer, all exhaust, AC, still on the Cradle !
Ready to bolt in, *Needs NOTHING* . will take $200. Complete but you have to "pick it up". I removed it to install a 3800SC. located in 34470 Ocala Fla
eldervampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all, thanks for all of the very generous offers and PMs. I think Scott and I have worked out a deal. Now I think all ill need is the ECM and Im all set. Thanks again.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock