Stripped an 85 base coupe, need parts? Central PA by FieroJimmy
Started on: 04-14-2014 07:47 PM
Replies: 25 (471 views)
Last post by: Vanet on 04-23-2014 02:48 PM
FieroJimmy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to clear out some room in my garage, I've stripped an '85 base coupe and the parts are now getting in my way since I bought a 2000 Regal GSE to pull the engine.

The car was basically a zero option car, manual windows/mirrors, locks, no cruise. 2.5/Isuzu, I'm keeping the suspension, rear cradle and transmission, the frame was rusted too badly to be worth saving and is now gone.

I'd like to sell the engine complete with accessories. 106k-ish, I'd have to find the cluster to verify. It leaks oil, but ran well. I'll include a complete gasket set, and new timing gear set. Comperssion was 105psi +-5psi on all four cylinders. $150 delivered within 50 miles of Mechanicsburg, PA. If I don't have a deal in place for this by next weekend (4/19-20), I'll be willing to piece it out, but the weekend after that (4/26-27) it goes for scrap.

I've also got the gas tank, no significant rust or damage, with a fairly accurate level sender and functional tbi fuel pump. Make an offer, no shipping.

Interior was light gray, nothing spectacular about it, left dash corner is cracked, but otherwise it is good. Typical delamination present on the rest of the panels, carpets are pretty good.

If you need anything, just ask, I saved pretty much everything that could be unbolted from the actual spaceframe.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to the show in Hershey on the 26th? There may be a bunch of small bits and pieces we could bundle if you are. I'd rather not deal with shipping and paypal though.
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly, I didn't know there was a show in Hershey. I don't have to work that weekend, so I could go.

Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent PM
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...000465.html#lastpost

I just made a junkyard list, but I left it at work. I will PM you tomorrow
Vanet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a drivers side headlight motor. How much shipped to 85938. Thanks Van

[This message has been edited by Vanet (edited 04-15-2014).]

kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be somewhat in the area next week, 21-24. If no one takes it and you want to part it out, I'll take all the fuel injection and wiring/connectors (ignition, distributor, coil, etc). I've got a good block and don't have room in my trunk for the weight/size, but I would like some spares of things that connect to it.
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vanet:

I need a drivers side headlight motor. How much shipped to 85938. Thanks Van

I should have at least one, how does $35 shipped sound?
Vanet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good to me if it is the drivers side and rebuildable. It has to have a good armature and brushes mine are shot. Thanks Van
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a total of four gen 1 headlight motors available:

2 left, 1 with a smooth knob, one with a "knobby" knob, if that makes sense.
2 right, 1 smooth knob and a good gear, and 1 knobby knob with a stripped gear

I'll do $35 shipped (CONUS) for any of the good ones, and $25 for the stripped one. All are factory sealed, with all the original rivets, and hav never been apart. I popped the side covers off to check brushes and armatures, and all are fine. Before I stripped the car I checked each of them and they worked (except for the one that has a stripped gear, obviously).

Vanet gets first choice of left motors, but the rest are up for grabs.

I've also got an '87 duke for parts, the long block is toast, and the accessories are either seized or missing, but the coil pack, crank sensor seem fine, the tbi unit is a little tight, but should clean up with a bit of work. The PO pulled it because of a spun rod bearing, but didn't keep track of all the parts.
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroJimmy

737 posts
Member since May 2002

Originally posted by kwagner:

I'll be somewhat in the area next week, 21-24. If no one takes it and you want to part it out, I'll take all the fuel injection and wiring/connectors (ignition, distributor, coil, etc). I've got a good block and don't have room in my trunk for the weight/size, but I would like some spares of things that connect to it.

I've got someone interested in the complete engine, but if it's still available we can work something out.
PFF
System Bot
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroJimmy

737 posts
Member since May 2002

Originally posted by kwagner:

I've got someone interested in the complete engine, but if it's still available we can work something out.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJimmy:

Sounds good to me
Vanet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJimmy:

I've got a total of four gen 1 headlight motors available:

2 left, 1 with a smooth knob, one with a "knobby" knob, if that makes sense.
2 right, 1 smooth knob and a good gear, and 1 knobby knob with a stripped gear

I'll do $35 shipped (CONUS) for any of the good ones, and $25 for the stripped one. All are factory sealed, with all the original rivets, and hav never been apart. I popped the side covers off to check brushes and armatures, and all are fine. Before I stripped the car I checked each of them and they worked (except for the one that has a stripped gear, obviously).

PM me the payment info and Ill get you paid so we can get it on the way. Thanks Van

Vanet gets first choice of left motors, but the rest are up for grabs.

I've also got an '87 duke for parts, the long block is toast, and the accessories are either seized or missing, but the coil pack, crank sensor seem fine, the tbi unit is a little tight, but should clean up with a bit of work. The PO pulled it because of a spun rod bearing, but didn't keep track of all the parts.

Pm me the payment info and I will get you paid. Thanks Van

[This message has been edited by Vanet (edited 04-16-2014).]

Sowardcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SowardcustomsSend a Private Message to SowardcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent...
Sowardcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SowardcustomsSend a Private Message to SowardcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sowardcustoms

58 posts
Member since Oct 2013
Pm sent again sorry I'm an idiot I need the passenger side knobby motor...
FieroSE757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSE757Send a Private Message to FieroSE757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the side marker lights(ribbed) if so how much shipped to 23325
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroSE757:

Do you have the side marker lights(ribbed) if so how much shipped to 23325

I've got all four, the black finish is sort of faded on the fronts, and all four have a bit of blue overspray, but there are no cracks/pitting, and all the locating tabs and lock tabs are intact.

How about $50 shipped?
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the deck lid lock cylinder with keys and hardware?
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by raysr11:

Do you have the deck lid lock cylinder with keys and hardware?

I do have everything, I've only got one key, and I'm not certain, but I believe it is all brushed/bright finish, not black. I can check later tonight after I get home.

How about $25 shipped, and I'll throw in both door lock cylinders, so you don't have to run with 3 keys?
PFF
System Bot
2kewlgypsy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2kewlgypsySend a Private Message to 2kewlgypsyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are the rear tail lights, both of mine are delaminated pretty badly.
Looking to replace with stock, or go the fiberglass panel.
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2kewlgypsy:

How are the rear tail lights, both of mine are delaminated pretty badly.
Looking to replace with stock, or go the fiberglass panel.

The taillights are fair, but I need them for my other coupe. The notchback tail lights don't really have anything to delaminate, though. I think you are looking for fastback lights, right? I don't have any spares of them, either, sorry.
Sowardcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SowardcustomsSend a Private Message to SowardcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jimmy...
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both knobby motors are sold and shipped, but I still have the pair of smooth knobbed ones.
Vanet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday, bolted it in and it worked perfectly. Thanks Jimmy

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock