Started on: 03-21-2014 05:29 AM
Replies: 37 (1825 views)
Last post by: hercimer01 on 03-28-2014 01:19 AM
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not mine

DHP PowrTuner Power New $100

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111305218154
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any place to get software any more? The laptop I had my DHP power programmer on bit the dust.

Good deal if the software could be attained.
djlamp14

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you can easily Google the software. If not asking for it is easy enough. I have it all if you really needed it.

------------------
11.8@115mph 1/4 mile 1999 Regal GSX being demodded for swap into a 87 Fiero GT.
11 sec pass>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQT4X2eBlR8

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Got the software again now.

Looks like 6 people got a good deal on a programmer. They're all gone now. (per the eBay auction)
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the second one. I haven't received it yet.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
13.104 @ 101.45 MPH 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction

2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to save you some headache...
In order to install the DHP software, it looks for Microsoft's .net framework version 1.1.4322.

The version I already have with Win7 64 bit is much newer but the DHP software won't see it...

In order to install 1.1.4322 on window 7 you have to download it from Microsoft and install it. Then (eventually) the DHP software will install.

This was the PITA though...
How I installed Microsoft's .net framework version 1.1.4322.
First I tried this - It didn't work but it may have done something that helped a later step work. Only follow all of these steps if the following doesn't work for you.
How to Install .net framework 1.1 in Windows 7 64-bit?
Then I did this -
I right clicked on the install icon downloaded above and said to run as administrator. It worked. 1.1.4322 was successfully installed.
At this point installation of the DHP software was a breeze.

After it's installed, be sure to have it plugged into your USB and plugged into your OBDII port with the key in the ON position. The software does some sort of register between the components. This is covered in the PDF manual in the software download link given earlier.

I almost forgot. I use an adapter to connect my laptop USB to the DHP adapter. It's made by Tripplite. [Keyspan High-Speed USB to Serial Adapter]
As it installs watch for which COM port it assigns. Mine was COM4. You'll have to tell DHP which COM port to talk to.

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 03-23-2014).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the box from ZZP today. I say box because it is not a DHP Power Tuner. It is in fact an AVT-838 without any firmware loaded into it. It doesn't become a DHP Power Tuner until the Firmware is loaded into the AVT-838. Not a big deal but I can't get the firmware for it and I don't know how to load it if I did. I can probably figure it out though.

AVT currently manufacturers the AVT-841 and still supports it. http://www.avt-hq.com/products.htm
I contacted them by phone and he said the firmware is probably loaded because the LED on the box blinks.

I filed a case with eBay about it not matching the description. ZZPs response was argumentative and childish in their response. They did say I could send it back but did not say they would refund my money.

Seller's message:
"They are as described. They were advertised and unprogrammed new boxes and cables. Nothing on them. We didn't specify what specific board it has and we specified they are no longer in business and is not supported anymore. They were sold as is and cheap for a reason. We had them sitting around for a long time. Regardless you can return it if you like. It's pointless to argue about it."
I think they watch to much Star Trek. Resistance is futile? I'm pretty sure it was advertised as "DHP PowrTuner Power Tuner New Rare Programmable GM PCM programmer Flash HP"

I do have the power tuner software 1.2.4 loaded and operational on a laptop from a power tuner I had from before. So I know the software I have is good I just can't get the cable to register. I am using com port 1 (9 pin serial) @ 115,200 baud. AVT sends their units out with them set to 57,600. I tried that too with no success.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
13.104 @ 101.45 MPH 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 03-25-2014).]

djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
serial port or via a keyspan adapter?

ZZP's ad was correctly posted if you think about it. I knew what they meant right away. I was gonna post up about these boxes not working but I second guessed zzp would have new un-programmed ones from avt still. I've heard (from a very real source) that when you send one of these units in AVT will flash them with a different firmware than what everyone else has. Charles told people his firmware, the one 99% of the DHP tuners out there have, is the one that is wide open unlocked. The other firmware version of DHP is a very old locked version. Very similar to HP tuner's pay per vin style. This firmware was from back in the beginning of DHP when things were on lock down. Anyone remember when they used to lock PCM's? Later down the road Charles offered a free upgrade to his version. This is one of the big reasons the DHP tuning firmware is no longer supported. Charles just kind of works on it in his free time now sadly.

------------------

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Serial.

I ohmed out the OBDII cable and it rings out fine.
I could ring out my new 9 pin data cable just to be sure i suppose.

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you have it plugged into the car with a laptop that has internet access? mine wouldn't register unless I was online, not sure why though. also, you have it plugged into the car while trying to register it right?

------------------
1st class A**hole.

we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not online, but plugged into the car while I'm trying to register it.
I can have it online but with the Cable Powered up with a power supply in the house, but not plugged into the car.

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008
ZZP just replied. They will refund my money.

I knew it was too good to be true.
grumio

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grumioSend a Private Message to grumioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

do you have it plugged into the car with a laptop that has internet access? mine wouldn't register unless I was online, not sure why though. also, you have it plugged into the car while trying to register it right?

Did you order from ZZP thru this same deal or did you already have a DHP tuner?
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grumio:

Did you order from ZZP thru this same deal or did you already have a DHP tuner?

I bought one used, but to register the software I had to be online.
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my software is activated and running on my laptop. I had it from another power tuner from before.
grumio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grumioSend a Private Message to grumioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also picked up one of these tuners from ZZP on ebay. So this thread doesn't bode well.
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread may or may not be helpful for you, I read it a while ago, and I don't remember exactly what they did to make the cable work(if anything) but it might be worth a glance.

http://60degreev6.com/forum...ad.php/50873-AVT-841
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

This thread may or may not be helpful for you, I read it a while ago, and I don't remember exactly what they did to make the cable work(if anything) but it might be worth a glance.

http://60degreev6.com/forum...ad.php/50873-AVT-841

They never came to a resolution.

I've read that thread and it starts with someone like me with already activated software and a new "cable"
They went through software installation including the 1.1 Framework.
Sending the unit in for repair to find out it was fine.
Bantering back and forth.
And finally to end with the realization that it's a new unit with preactivated software.
Someone in the thread said that's no good.

Perhaps I should try to reinstall my DHP software on my laptop?

grumio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grumioSend a Private Message to grumioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I can tell, the serial check on the cable is handled by the data1 entry in the registry key.

http://i.imgur.com/weYcPb3.jpg

Note the DemoModeDemoMode in the dark blue highlighted lines.
This value is also the value that is edited when attempting to authorize the cable. I don't think I'll be able to do much more without access to a working powrtuner tho.

I do not have a serial cable at the moment to test if I have any better luck with the one I received from ZZP yet unfortunately.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

ZZP just replied. They will refund my money.

I knew it was too good to be true.

Good that you are getting a refund. I understood that these were DHP tuners without the software and NOT without the Firmware.
Then again I may have read that into their description.
If it sounds too good to be true......Then it probably is.
BTW, my spider sense was tingling when I saw their ebay add, so I didn't buy one....LOL
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too funny!
grumio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grumioSend a Private Message to grumioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep. so just tested mine and it talks to the software but doesn't like it.

http://i.imgur.com/DX2dc58.jpg
djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see you found the registry haha. Yea you can edit that. I've done that before. That still wont make your tuner communicate with the laptop. The next time you hit register software after changing the registry it will go back to demo mode.

My first DHP tuner had something bad in the cable or box. I was getting connection issues like those above. I never did solve that. I wondered if over the years the solder got loose on the box connectors.

------------------

grumio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grumioSend a Private Message to grumioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the record, ZZP also offered me a refund.
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Refer to the thread when you try to get your money back. l

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008
I reinstalled the software.I took The laptop outside plugged in the internet through a LAN cable ran out the window to the car on and tried to register it. No change.

grumio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grumioSend a Private Message to grumioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is enroute back to ZZP already. On a totally unrelated note: WTB DHP PowrTuner
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*looks at his dhp he doesnt use anymore*
grumio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grumioSend a Private Message to grumioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM with a price if you decide to sell it
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Below is ZZP description. They were telling us but I "didn't get it". After I read "JUST NEED SOFTWARE" I stopped comprehending the rest of the ad. I assumed they were "programmed" from the factory and NOT need Hardware ROM software (Firmware) + PC Software to make them work. If they used the word Firmware or BIOS then I would have been on the same page as the ad. Well at least they are taking them back.

How did ZZP program these before they were sold? It's silly to have a box full of brand new Hardware that you can't use.
I think they were returns due to defects.

Upon our recent move we found an old box of brand new DHP PowrTuners

These are programmable boxes that just need software.

If you are unfamiliar with them I wouldn't buy it, but if you are you probably have the software where you can program them. This was made by Digital Horsepower and was used for many GM vehicles. Similiar to HP tuners. Used to tune and flash your GM PCM from vehicles 1997 to 2003.

These are brand new, but like I said they are not programmed.

DHP is no longer in business, so we are selling these as is. No returns and No refunds.

We are just cleaning out the shop and selling off some items that we have no use for anymore.

Includes box and cable.

We have 6 for sale and each one is $100 shipped.
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Maybe some of us can get together and start another "tuning company" LOL

Maybe we can purchase the DHP "license" and proprietary info and "start up" a new community shareware tuning company.

Maybe I can finally put my electronics engineering education to work...LOL

We just need to find out how to put the firmware on the box, reverse engineering the DHP software along with making some improvements like NO cables .... (bluetooth baby)

Who is with me....
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These things are out there. The AVT-841 is still in production.
I have seen RS-232 Bluetooth transmitters and receivers in use on Tuner Cats. It looks like Tuner cats use the same Hardware.
Theres alot of stuff out there, we just need to pull it all together.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my software is activated and running on my laptop. I had it from another power tuner from before.

Did you try to see if UVScan worked as that did NOT use the PowrTuner interface.

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Did you try to see if UVScan worked as that did NOT use the PowrTuner interface.

I sold my other Power Tuner interface.
It was running and activated.
I reinstalled it and the first thing it wants on boot up is the cable registration which I wasnt able to do.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 03-26-2014).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ZZP refunded my money this morning.
I am impressed.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ZZP refunded my money this morning.
I am impressed.

So I guess you still need a DHP or remote tuning service?

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes sir!
After I put in my INTENSE-Racing 1.9 ratio rockers and N* throttle body.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock