Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  EMBRACE RACING Notchback LED Tail Light Kit! (GROUP BUY FEB 2014) (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
EMBRACE RACING Notchback LED Tail Light Kit! (GROUP BUY FEB 2014) by doublec4
Started on: 02-09-2014 04:57 PM
Replies: 80 (4130 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 11-22-2018 12:18 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wait is over!

The Embrace Racing Notchback LED tail light kit is ready for a group buy

This LED tail light kit for the notchback Fiero is a fresh and modern looking upgrade compared to the stock incandescent bulbs. This upgrade kit adds style and functionality to your existing tail light housings.

The kit features full LED lights that act as your parking lights and your brake/turn signal lights. You retain your stock outer lenses and housings so that fit and finish is as good as stock. The inner red and white lenses are replaced with LED panels as well as CNC cut red lenses. These lenses eliminate the dated looking "grid" pattern and give the tail lights a slightly tinted look during the day.

These LED tail lights also feauture a sequencing brake/turn signal that is driven by a plug and play controller board. The control board comes fully assembled and is ready to use. The control board also allows you to wire your parking lights in two different ways.

1. Without the parking light cancellation. This means that your parking lights will remain on while the brake/turn signals are applied.
2. With parking light cancellation. This means that your parking lights will automatically go out while brake/turn signals are applied and they will remain off until the brake/turn signal is terminated.

You can see the two methods in this video:

Controller Board:

Parking lights:

Brake Lights:

Brake and Parking:

Assembled LED Panel:

This kit DOES REQUIRE ASSEMBLY! It is very easy to build if you have experience soldering and it is extremely easy to install. It would be a fun weekend project to take on! All that is required for assembly is a soldering iron, 22AWG wire, heat shrink tubing, and screw drivers. Instructions and all other components are supplied! You will be soldering the LEDs to the provided circuit board for the brake/turn lights. You will also be making connections via 22AWG wire for the parking light LEDs. It is not difficult, but if you are uncomfortable soldering LEDs and wires, please find a friend who can help you out!

You will also need to replace your flasher unit with this one here:

http://www.memotronics.com/product?pid=1289

The part number is EF32RL so if you search that in google you'll find a bunch of places that carry them. THIS IS REQUIRED! Please use this flashing unit as the timing will be compatible with the controller board.

It is a 2 prong flashing unit so it plugs directly in place of the stock one. However, you'll notice it has a black ground cable coming out of the top. You will need to ground this under your dash somewhere.

Also, as long as you save your stock red and white lenses, you can always change back to stock at any time if you desire. No cutting or modifying original equipment at all!

What you will receive:

2x CNC cut red lenses
2x CNC cut ABS mounting boards
2x PCB controller boards
2x PCB brake/turn panels
4x Voltage regulators
Package of superbright LEDs
Package of LED reflectors
Hardware and electrical connectors
Instructions

Please note that these lights will eliminate your reverse lights. There are options for relocating the reverse lights to your rear bumper. At this time, I do not sell the relocated reverse lights, but it is a simple modification to perform. Another forum member on here sells a nice LED reverse light kit that replaces your rear reflectors in the bumper.

The kit is being sold in the group buy for $250 + shipping.

There will be 15 spots maximum for the first group buy, so it is first come first serve. Please post or pm!

Once the group buy closes there will be approximately a 2 week wait for me to finish making all of the sets and then I will ship them out.

1. coady
2. FieroDev
3. Carl Calderone
4. revin
5. Rare87GT
6. KEV
7. craigsfiero2007
8. 85red2m6
9. zefferk
10. hiwil88formula
11. ClassicCor
12. mafv8
13. kriswinner
14. Oslo
15. Oslo

I've put some names down on the list based on people saying that they're in for sure in this thread:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093014.html

If anyone has changed their mind since then, please let me know and I can remove you from your spot on the list.

Thank you to everyone who has shown interest!

*These tail lights are not DOT approved/certified. I am not responsible for any injury/damage related to the use/installation of these lights and they are intended for off-road use only.
------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 02-14-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent earlier, but checking into the thread!

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

85red2m6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in... let me know the details for payment and shipping...

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero GT Convertible - 3.8SC 4-spd - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily driver - 300k miles and still goin
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC parts/wiring donor for 85 Vert

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOVE these- almost exactly what I've imagined for a while. But, my car is a project and I can't spend the money at this point. Wish I could just to support you and your Fiero endeavors!

-Gary
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Amir,
I heard your set was dropped and you won't get a set . lol
hows mom?
BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are awesome!! Great work once again.

Can the sequence speed be changed?

Also is there a way that the park/running LEDs can run all the way to the center so once install make a complete ring?

I would love a set. If these options are possable I would totally be in for a set.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BoostedSeries1:

These are awesome!! Great work once again.

Can the sequence speed be changed?

Also is there a way that the park/running LEDs can run all the way to the center so once install make a complete ring?

I would love a set. If these options are possable I would totally be in for a set.

Sequencing speed is tied into the flasher module (which is why the kit requires you to replace yours with the one I specify). The controller board that I make has to complete a full sequencing cycle within the single "flash" of the flasher unit. I've set the timing to use the full flash time of the flasher unit, so you can really only make them flash faster and not slower.

There was some discussion in my build thread for these lights about making the parking lights run to the center. I'm not opposed to it, but I haven't had time to redesign the panels. Plus I have existing stock of this design that I can't afford to throw away. It would also affect the price as machining time of the panels would go up, and you would need more LEDs (price increase). Lastly, I'm not crazy about "copying" the look of the dodge charger tail lights. I really want this look to be original to the Fiero. It's something I can consider though if there is enough demand for it by the time I'm ready for a second group buy.

Thanks guys!

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Sorry Amir,
I heard your set was dropped and you won't get a set . lol
hows mom?

Well you aren't nice haha. I'll come steal yours in the middle of the night

Mom is doing better man, she is home now and my dad is taking care of her now. She's slowly but surely finding strength again to get out and do what she loves in the yard and her flowers. The surgery on Christmas day was a blessing, it relieved her issues from the cyst and tumor, but she still has memory and fatigue to deal with and the other small tumor. We just got the scan back for her entire body and at this point there is no new cancer that has developed since the 2 in the brain, but they will have to do radiation or are deciding what to do on the other area on the brain that has grown a bit. Overall her spirits are up and she is in way better shape than last month. We will keep on surviving and enjoying each and every day we can!
PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:
Well you aren't nice haha. I'll come steal yours in the middle of the night

Mom is doing better man, she is home now and my dad is taking care of her now. She's slowly but surely finding strength again to get out and do what she loves in the yard and her flowers. The surgery on Christmas day was a blessing, it relieved her issues from the cyst and tumor, but she still has memory and fatigue to deal with and the other small tumor. We just got the scan back for her entire body and at this point there is no new cancer that has developed since the 2 in the brain, but they will have to do radiation or are deciding what to do on the other area on the brain that has grown a bit. Overall her spirits are up and she is in way better shape than last month. We will keep on surviving and enjoying each and every day we can!

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to let anyone know that is interested in getting these. I picked up this flasher. http://www.ebay.com/itm/400...id=p3984.m1497.l2649

CEC Part Number: EF32SS-R

This is a Solid State Flasher that works with LED's as well as Incandescent bulbs, so that way you won't have to change all of your bulbs to LED (like the ones in the front) if you haven't already. I got two, one for the turn signals and one for the Hazards.
ClassicCor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClassicCorSend a Private Message to ClassicCorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM returned!
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If successful... Any plans on a fastback model?

PS - Very cool and great work!

Greg

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 02-12-2014).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

If successful... Any plans on a fastback model?

Greg

Yes, already designed and I'm putting together the first set right now I will have pictures / video later this week!
kriswinner

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take two
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done and done!

That's all 15 spots taken. Thank you so much to everyone who placed an order.

If you missed out on this group buy, not to worry, there will always be another. Continue to post / pm and I will take your information down and get in touch with you when the next group buy starts.

These kits should be ready in about 2 weeks.

Thanks again!

------------------

Embrace Racing

PFF
System Bot
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to getting these!
85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup... me too... these are gonna look amazing on my black cars...
and looking forward to the full loop parklights version later too...

------------------

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a new spool of solder.
And for the heck of it a nice new solder tip as well.......

Now I just need the taillights...................................
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're coming guys! Don't worry!

I'm shooting for them to be ready by the end of the week. Had a minor set back today because my daily driver's radiator just blew up. Tomorrow I have to spend the better part of the day fixing that.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just an update for everyone.

I've finished making all of the kits and I'm waiting on the packing material to arrive.

I had to order custom cardboard boxes because of the odd shape of the item (long and narrow). Hopefully those show up in the next few days! In the meantime, I'll be contacting everyone to get payment in order and then I'll have them shipped out!

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest and participated in this group buy. I appreciate it!

------------------

Embrace Racing

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cant wait to get mine!!!!
pm me when you are ready for payment
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

PM sent earlier, but checking into the thread!

These r going to look good on Megan's Formula. Really nice of u to buy them for her...
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be messaging everyone soon!

The boxes I ordered came in today... and they sent me the wrong ones. I apologize but I'm going to have to get this sorted out tomorrow. I'm going to have to push the ship out date back another few days

I will keep everyone updated!
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

These r going to look good on Megan's Formula. Really nice of u to buy them for her...

Oh you are such a funny guy! I do have a virtually mint set of tailights in my living room that I got from Loyde years ago but they aren't tinted like mine. Megan will get a set of them but she will have to enjoy them from the passenger seat or from behind me in her car I'm sure she will read this and I will get kicked in the shins a few times, but I know I'm setting myself up for it in advance, haha!!
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Yes, already designed and I'm putting together the first set right now I will have pictures / video later this week!

Fastback pics/vid! Can I have dibs on the proto set?

PS - I'll give upteen pics/vid back from my race/show GT.

Greg

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Fastback pics/vid! Can I have dibs on the proto set?

PS - I'll give upteen pics/vid back from my race/show GT.

Greg

GT pics and video can be found here:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/093014-4.html

I will be starting a group buy for them around the end of the week.

Thanks!

85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I might make a suggestion for the 2nd round of these lights, you may want to look into including the reverse lights into these in the future... relocation is easy enough, but it would be great to have nice bright LED backup lights in more or less the stock location...
just an idea...

------------------

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's what i thought first also, but after looking at them i really like the set up as it is . i purchased a set of the reverse led lights from Snapperhead to make a truly beautiful combination
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be looking into the reverse light option.

If I can make it work the way I originally envisioned, then it can be something made to work with these first kits I'm selling.

Basically I would sell an "upgrade" that would include what you need to make the reverse lights work. It would cost the same as the difference of a kit that comes with the reverse lights in the future so that you're not paying more for this option later on.

ex:

kit now without reverse lights $250
kit later on with reverse lights $300
reverse light upgrade kit to retrofit these kits with reverse lights $50

These are just examples of prices but you get the idea

Right now I'm sending out messages to everyone in the group buy because the lights are ready!

------------------

Embrace Racing

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah!! Notchy lights are ready!

woo hoo notchies rule
GT's drools!
For once the notchy comes first before the GTs
85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woo Hoo... lights are ready!!!

good idea for the reverse lights man... I'll happily fork out the extra $50 when they are ready...

------------------

mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent, looking forward to putting these in, and I would be interested in the reverse light option as well

------------------
84SE, aero body, 4 speed and an injected 355 V8

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys,

all of the kits have been sent out to everyone who has paid!
85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait ti see it

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)