Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  88 cradle w/ V8 Archie V8 kit - Includes 5 speed Getrag and most of the kit parts. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
88 cradle w/ V8 Archie V8 kit - Includes 5 speed Getrag and most of the kit parts. by qwikgta
Started on: 01-19-2014 04:54 PM
Replies: 57 (4568 views)
Last post by: qwikgta on 01-01-2016 11:46 AM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
helping out a friend, this is not my sale, I am just posting this add. I can forward any questions or you can reach out to the seller at this email address/phone number:

info@outlawsrc.com
757-473-3240

http://www.outlawsrc.com/index.htm

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/084929.html

Customer decided to upgrade his 88 GT with a new LS3 motor and F40 trans. Pulled out the Ram-Jet 383 w/ 5 speed Getrag, sold the engine, and now what is left is for sale. Almost every part needed to install a small block V8 in your car is included with this kit.

Sale includes:
Engine/Trans. Adapter Plate 6061 Aluminum
Front Engine Mount (welded to the cradle)
Left/Right 5 speed Getrag trans mounts (welded to cradle)
A/C Mount w/ A/C compressor
Alternator Mount
High Torque Starter
Starter Mount Block
Custom Billet Flywheel
High Performance Clutch
Remote Oil Filter Kit
Remote Oil Filter Adapter
Custom Exhaust System w/manifolds
High Performance Water Pump Drive System
Dakota digital speedometer hardware
Misc sensors, belts and hardware.

also included is:
88 Getrag, 5 speed trans w/ Phantomgrip LSD.
(Rebuilt by: Evola Services, Inc, Mount Clemens, MI. 586-463-8380)
Getrag trans slave cylinder,
Custom Getrag/V8 axles and stubs
88 cradle painted black and already modified for the V8 kit

The difficult part of installing the motor mounts and trans mounts is already done. All you need to do is add your V8 motor to this kit, source a few small parts from Archie or your local JEGS/Summit catalog and your up and running. Don't have an 88, well now is the time to upgrade to the 88 cradle, suspension and rear brakes. Parts to install the 88 cradle can be purchased from Arraut motorsports here: http://arrautmotorsports.co...pension-information/ , 88 spindles and brakes are always for sale in the Mall section. Add a rear swaybar and your talking business.

Additional information: Getrag was rebuilt and a posi unit was installed prior to initial install.

see Archies page for more information here: http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm
Directions for the install of this kit are available on-line or you can always call up Archie.

you can see more of this kit at Jim88GT's thread here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/079259.html

Remember, this is not just a "V8 Archie" kit, it includes a 5 speed Getrag w/ posi, axles and the 88 rear cradle.

Asking $3000 (or call and make an offer). Seller is not looking to break this kit up, but contact him if you want to work out a deal.

Located in Norfolk, Va. Prefer you pick this up, but contact the seller, he may work something out with you.

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 12-30-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hidalgo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this package also include the wiring harness to install a Ramjet in an 88 Fiero?
outlaws

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hidalgo:

Does this package also include the wiring harness to install a Ramjet in an 88 Fiero?

No, the motor and fuel injection system/controls are not included.
Thanks
asa
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the quick answer!

I was also curious to ask: which SBC heads will those exhaust manifolds fit on, aside from the abovementioned Ramjet heads?
I also see a cruise control servo in the photos on the link you provided. Which SBC's will work with that cruise control system?

[This message has been edited by Hidalgo (edited 01-20-2014).]

outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the quick answer!

I was also curious to ask: which SBC heads will those exhaust manifolds fit on, aside from the abovementioned Ramjet heads?
I also see a cruise control servo in the photos on the link you provided. Which SBC's will work with that cruise control system?

They will fit any standard SBC straight plug head. The cruise control can be made to work with any SBC with a carb or aftermarket EFI.

Thanks
asa

Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would the cruise control work with the stock TBI EFI system on an L05 SBC? I'm thinking it should, as it looks like the typical cruise servos found in many GM cars of that particular era, but I'm no expert on these matters.

Does the exhaust system clear the trunk? Or does the trunk need to be cut or deleted altogether?

One more thing. You said the ECM wasn't included, but I see something that looks like one in your photos, with the label "1227170 " on it. It isn't part of the sale?

[This message has been edited by Hidalgo (edited 01-20-2014).]

outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would the cruise control work with the stock TBI EFI system on an L05 SBC? I'm thinking it should, as it looks like the typical cruise servos found in many GM cars of that particular era, but I'm no expert on these matters.

Does the exhaust system clear the trunk? Or does the trunk need to be cut or deleted altogether?

One more thing. You said the ECM wasn't included, but I see something that looks like one in your photos, with the label "1227170 " on it. It isn't part of the sale?

I'm pretty sure it will work, I actually think it is from the Fiero.

The exhaust does clear the trunk.

The ECM is not part of it.

Thanks
asa
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are more pics on the first page of the CT # 10 thread showing the complete setup as it came out of the car. I can vouch that the tranny was never abused

Jim
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have another question that may interest potential buyers, so I'm putting it up here as a bump:

Aside from the exhaust manifolds that will only fit straight plug heads, will the rest of this kit work with any generation of SBC? LT, LS,... basically everything but the Lotus Engineering LT5?

outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have another question that may interest potential buyers, so I'm putting it up here as a bump:

Aside from the exhaust manifolds that will only fit straight plug heads, will the rest of this kit work with any generation of SBC? LT, LS,... basically everything but the Lotus Engineering LT5?

Thanks Hidalgo!
It will not fit a LS engine, Gen 1 SBC only. LT1/4 probably wouldn't work because of the clearance on the front of the motor, I'm not positive.

Thanks again,
Asa
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just my recommendation, if anyone is thinking about spending this kind of money, I'd suggest talking with Archie about it. He is familiar with Jim's swap (he did it, and Jim's LS too). Archie is a great guy and i'm sure he'd answer any questions about the kit. Its still his kit, even if it is bought off someone else. He is great about helping out guys who have questions about his stuff. I can also testify that the car that had this stuff installed was clean, not driven in the rain or snow and was adult owned. There is no issues with the parts for sale.

Rob
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be best to use this kit with a Gen 1 SBC with a one piece rear main seal.
The flywheel won't fit the older SBC's with the 2 piece rear main seals.
To use it with the LT1/LT4 engines would require shifting the engine over to the driver side about 2 3/8" - with will require reworking the exhaust and possibly the transmission mounts, and needing custom axles.

For the LSx) family is a no-go... The LS engines need a 168 tooth flywheel to have room for a starter on the engine side. The SBC adapter plate is based on a 153 tooth and doesn't have the needed clearance. Plus the 168 tooth ring gear interferes with the GM Metric bolt pattern, so the adapter also has to be thicker with a stepped profile around the flywheel so the transmission has something to bolt to.
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

It would be best to use this kit with a Gen 1 SBC with a one piece rear main seal.
The flywheel won't fit the older SBC's with the 2 piece rear main seals.
To use it with the LT1/LT4 engines would require shifting the engine over to the driver side about 2 3/8" - with will require reworking the exhaust and possibly the transmission mounts, and needing custom axles.

Thanks Fieroguru!

The flywheel for this kit is actually for the 2 pc rear main seal. The centerbolt valve covers were misleading. If you want to use it with a 1 pc seal engine, you will need the corresponding flywheel.

Thanks
asa

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlaws:

The flywheel for this kit is actually for the 2 pc rear main seal. The centerbolt valve covers were misleading. If you want to use it with a 1 pc seal engine, you will need the corresponding flywheel.

Thanks
asa

Sorry for the confusion. Was the engine a true Ramjet crate engine, or was it just the Ramjet intake assembly installed on the older block?
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Sorry for the confusion. Was the engine a true Ramjet crate engine, or was it just the Ramjet intake assembly installed on the older block?

No problem, older block, vortec heads.
Thanks again!
Asa

Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you know of any headers, straight or angle plug, that could easily be put in place of the exhaust manifolds you are including with this sale?

BUMP

[This message has been edited by Hidalgo (edited 01-27-2014).]

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you know of any headers, straight or angle plug, that could easily be put in place of the exhaust manifolds you are including with this sale?

BUMP

Archie may sell headers for this kit. You can ask him. With the short pipe length, I don't think it really matters about the mani's. Maybe you loose a few HP, but prob get back some torque with them.

ROb
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Archie may sell headers for this kit. You can ask him. With the short pipe length, I don't think it really matters about the mani's. Maybe you loose a few HP, but prob get back some torque with them.

ROb

Any of the so called block hugger headers will work with minimal work, I actually have a brand new set that were bought for another project if someone is interested. I'll try and get some pics of them.
Thanks
Asa

------------------
Asa Wilson
Outlaws Rod & Custom
http://outlawsrc.com

Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And if my memory is correct, exhaust manifolds are also quieter than headers, right? That's not necessarily a bad thing, either, if you bought your Fiero for cruising and not racing.
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any of the so called block hugger headers will work with minimal work, I actually have a brand new set that were bought for another project if someone is interested. I'll try and get some pics of them.
Thanks
Asa

Here are the pics of the headers, they are stainless steel, Make offer

I also have a strut bar that worked on the 88 with the Ramport Manifold, will work with others. Make offer.

As I find more stuff I will add them
Thanks
Asa

------------------
Asa Wilson
Outlaws Rod & Custom

PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also have a strut bar that worked on the 88 with the Ramport Manifold, will work with others. Make offer.

Asa, check with Bob, he may purchase the strut bar. He's been looking for one.

Rob
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

88 Getrag, 5 speed trans w/ posi

Custom Getrag/V8 axles and stubs

What kind of posi unit was put in the Getrag? Is it an HM282 Getrag?
Why custom axles? What was different from stock?
Smeaudio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SmeaudioSend a Private Message to SmeaudioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what are you wanting to get out of them headers?
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

What kind of posi unit was put in the Getrag? Is it an HM282 Getrag?
Why custom axles? What was different from stock?

custom may be the wrong word, "custom made" in the sense that the tripot for the passenger side has the longer GM tripot to clear the ring gear. Nothing else. Have to check on the posi, not sure of the brand, may be an Engineered Performance one. Yes, 88 282.

Rob
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta

4659 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Smeaudio:

what are you wanting to get out of them headers?

not breaking it up at this time.

Rob
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word on the type of posi?
Do you know who did the rebuild on the Getrag? Not many shops do those. It might be a good resource for other Fiero owners.
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Any word on the type of posi?
Do you know who did the rebuild on the Getrag? Not many shops do those. It might be a good resource for other Fiero owners.

I just looked at the paperwork, it is a phantomgrip unit.

The shop that did the rebuild:
Evola Services, Inc
Mount Clemens, MI.
586-463-8380

Thanks!
Asa

------------------
Asa Wilson
Outlaws Rod & Custom

PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
tnathan02

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tnathan02Send a Private Message to tnathan02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM about fhe strut bar.
tnathan02

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tnathan02Send a Private Message to tnathan02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tnathan02

72 posts
Member since May 2012
You have a PM about fhe strut bar.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump.

Not going to last long with Archie's pending retirement.

RJ
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In your description at the beginning of this thread, you state that the buyer will need to "source a few small parts from Archie or your local JEGS/Summit catalog and you're up and running". What major parts, aside from the SBC engine of course, need to be purchased to complete this kit, and how much do they cost more or less?

bump!

[This message has been edited by Hidalgo (edited 04-23-2014).]

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In your description at the beginning of this thread, you state that the buyer will need to "source a few small parts from Archie or your local JEGS/Summit catalog and you're up and running". What major parts, aside from the SBC engine of course, need to be purchased to complete this kit, and how much do they cost more or less?

bump!

you'll have to speak with the seller, he has all the details.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta

4659 posts
Member since Jan 2001
still for sale.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors