Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS:PONTIAC AM/FM/CD Radios with Ipod Mp3 Aux input (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS:PONTIAC AM/FM/CD Radios with Ipod Mp3 Aux input by Fiero Tom
Started on: 11-30-2013 11:14 AM
Replies: 253 (11476 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 02-29-2024 09:37 AM
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

PM sent

PM replied.
IP: Logged
snyderman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Tom

I have a the Grandprix CD, 7 equalizer radio like the ones you sell that I'd like you to upgrade for an input or trade for one. I'd like first to test to see if it is locked and actually lights up. What wires would I run to a battery to test this? I also have a Monsoon cd/tape radio (2002) a 2-din that has the 12 pin setup that I could perhaps trade if I could test that one too and avoid sending you something that doesn't work. Let me know if you're interested. Gary
RED87SE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RED87SESend a Private Message to RED87SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Tom,
Great work! I would like the 7 Band CD w grey buttons ok, when you have one ready to go.

Thank you,
Dan
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RED87SE:

Hello Tom,
Great work! I would like the 7 Band CD w grey buttons ok, when you have one ready to go.

Thank you,
Dan

Got one on the bench ready to ship .... $125 total includes shipping and adapters.

Also sent a PM.
QCMANAGER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom:

I have the AM/FM CD player with 7 band graphic equalizer. Every so often, the clock/cd channel digital light goes out and then comes back. Also the volume control is erratic - does not raise and lower smoothly but rather jumps to real loud - you have to monkey with it to get it where you want it.

I would be willing to send this to you in trade plus cash for one that you have tested and ready to go with adapters. Let me know if you have one available and how much with the trade-in and what your paypal account name is if you have one.

Thanks
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
QCMANAGER .. PM sent
larafan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What radios do you have that will work in an 84?
larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2015 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Tom. Got 2 radios and they are great. One for my Fiero and one for my Turbo Sunbird. Had an issue with one and he took care of it and quickly. New inputs are nice, but haven't tried them yet. Great guy. Now I need another for my other convertible Sunbird, looks much better than the aftermarket.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2015 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larafan:

Bump for Tom. Got 2 radios and they are great. One for my Fiero and one for my Turbo Sunbird. Had an issue with one and he took care of it and quickly. New inputs are nice, but haven't tried them yet. Great guy. Now I need another for my other convertible Sunbird, looks much better than the aftermarket.

I have an AM/FM with CD player and 7 band graphic equalizer and a AM/FM with CD player with Bass/Treble Controls.

The CD 7 band player is $125 shipped with the adapters, the CD with Bass/Treble player is $100 shipped with adapters.

Tom
FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have the extra funds ATM but putting my name on this thread for the near future.

------------------
MaskJuice
88 Black Formula

FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2015 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that I had the time to read and re-read the thread, first, you are doing Fiero God's work. Amazing opportunities for us that want the stockish look. Please keep up the great work.

Second, I stream music through Amazon Prime, iHearRadio, Spotify, etc. If my lack of knowledge has read & re-read the thread right, I can't plug my cell into the radio via the aux port to have the music play that way, correct? Or does that 3.5 mm jack that plugs into both Monsoon & my cell the same way and then the streaming music plays through the Monsoon that way? I'm confused about that as there many mentions of Ipods & MP3s, but not much about using cell phones.

Also, what is the part number of the Monsoon units with CD changer control that are reportedly better & which allow the use of a PAC AAI-GM9 Auxiliary Input for GM 9-PIN interface to be plugged into the rear 9 pin aux port, in layman's terms? Is that where you mentioned you can add a bluetooth adapter, etc to the rear port? Again, in layman's terms? Does that eliminate the need for a Aux port in the front if we Bluetooth it mostly or is it a good back-up if Bluetooth goes down?

Sorry for the tons of questions. I don't mean to out your trade secrets. A PM back or answer here is fine. Either way, you have a future customer here

Thanks,
MJ

Originally posted by Fiero Tom:

Recently completed radios.

Monsoon $150 shipped with adapters (SOLD)

------------------
MaskJuice
88 Black Formula

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2015 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJuice:

Now that I had the time to read and re-read the thread, first, you are doing Fiero God's work. Amazing opportunities for us that want the stockish look. Please keep up the great work.

Second, I stream music through Amazon Prime, iHearRadio, Spotify, etc. If my lack of knowledge has read & re-read the thread right, I can't plug my cell into the radio via the aux port to have the music play that way, correct? Or does that 3.5 mm jack that plugs into both Monsoon & my cell the same way and then the streaming music plays through the Monsoon that way? I'm confused about that as there many mentions of Ipods & MP3s, but not much about using cell phones.

Also, what is the part number of the Monsoon units with CD changer control that are reportedly better & which allow the use of a PAC AAI-GM9 Auxiliary Input for GM 9-PIN interface to be plugged into the rear 9 pin aux port, in layman's terms? Is that where you mentioned you can add a bluetooth adapter, etc to the rear port? Again, in layman's terms? Does that eliminate the need for a Aux port in the front if we Bluetooth it mostly or is it a good back-up if Bluetooth goes down?

Sorry for the tons of questions. I don't mean to out your trade secrets. A PM back or answer here is fine. Either way, you have a future customer here

Thanks,
MJ

Here's all the info you should need ... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000031.html
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many thanks Tom!

The radio looks great and even better sounds great. I appreciate you finding the Monsoon with CD changer capability, very useful for other options in the future. Also thank you for adjusting the adapter wires to work with the factory performance sound. This made for a very easy, simple radio upgrade that looks "GM stock". Lastly, appreciate your quick communications and shipping during and after the sale!!
predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I so agree with you Kevin. Tom did a monsoon radio for me and I love it.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a couple ready to ship .... all prices include shipping & adapters

Monsoon (unmarked).... $135 (model #09390782)

Treble/Bass .... $110

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 02-02-2016).]

larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM for 7-Band CD.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New one 7-Band CD ... $125 shipped with adapters.

larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Tom. Just bought a 3rd radio for my other Sunbird convertible. I love having a nice Pontiac radio in my Fiero instead of some aftermarket that doesn't fit. And having the mp3 input really makes it great! great guy to do business with.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2016 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For sale PONTIAC AM/FM/CD radios that has been tested and all functions work including the CD player AND the AUX in (3.5 mm jack in the faceplate) for your MP3 players complete with wiring harness Metra 70-1862 and Metra 40-GM20 antenna adapters ready to install in a Fiero.

And of course they have the Pontiac lighting (orange) to match your dash lights.

Monsoon .... $150
Monsoon (unmarked) .... $140 (model #09390782)
7-Band CD .... $130
Treble/Bass .... $110
snyderman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Great idea. How much to add the input if I was to send you my radio? it's out of a 2001 GP.
PFF
System Bot
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tom I'm ready for my second from you.
I'd like a Monsoon one if still available.

Also, my first has developed the common (it seems) erratic volume knob. Is there an easy fix for this or can it be sent back to you for repair?

Thanks,
Mike
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CavScout

258 posts
Member since Dec 2014

Monsoon .... $150
Monsoon (unmarked) .... $140 (model #09390782)

I'll take the marked one if still available.
Ammunn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmmunnSend a Private Message to AmmunnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take the unmarked #09390782 if it's still available. I can send you the cassette version from my 94 Firebird if you're interested. Thanks
Ammunn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmmunnSend a Private Message to AmmunnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ammunn

2 posts
Member since Mar 2016
I'll take the unmarked #09390782 if it's still available. I can send you the cassette version from my 94 Firebird if you're interested. Thanks
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CavScout:

I'll take the marked one if still available.

You have PM
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tom

1014 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Ammunn:

You have PM

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For sale PONTIAC AM/FM/CD radios that has been tested and all functions work including the CD player AND the AUX in (3.5 mm jack in the faceplate) for your MP3 players complete with wiring harness Metra 70-1862 and Metra 40-GM20 antenna adapters ready to install in a Fiero.

And of course they have the Pontiac lighting (orange) to match your dash lights.

CD 7-Band Monsoon .... $150
CD 7-Band Monsoon (unmarked) .... $140 (model #09390782)
CD 7-Band .... $130
CD with Treble/Bass .... $110
DougKraft

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougKraftSend a Private Message to DougKraftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Rfe88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rfe88GTSend a Private Message to Rfe88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tom
What happened to the orange jack that lite up?
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rfe88GT:

Hey Tom

What happened to the orange jack that lite up?

I started having quality issues so I went to a better grade black jack.
PFF
System Bot
black fiero bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black fiero bobSend a Private Message to black fiero bobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ARE they compatible with the 85 with the headrest speakers?
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by black fiero bob:

ARE they compatible with the 85 with the headrest speakers?

Yes they are one of my first radios was for my '85 GT.
rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any known installation/fitting issues with these Monsoon units? I bought one but no matter how much I push the wires in the back away, the unit refuses to go all the way...
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rednotdead:

Are there any known installation/fitting issues with these Monsoon units? I bought one but no matter how much I push the wires in the back away, the unit refuses to go all the way...

Are you getting the 'pin' in the back of the radio into the metal bracket on the car ?
rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you getting the 'pin' in the back of the radio into the metal bracket on the car ?

I removed the pin altogether, in fact. I might make a cardboard profile of the radio and run it along inside, and see exactly where the obstruction is occurring.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't say enough about Tom as a vendor here. Outstanding customer service and even stood behind the used head unit I bought after I had some issues.

Honest, reliable, helpful, and prompt. A+

Oh, and ***BUMP***
larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed my 3rd radio from Tom last weekend in my other Sunbird convertible and it is great!! Now my Fiero and 84 Turbo and 86 Sunbird convertibles have great Pontiac radio refreshes and they sound great. The Sunbirds required a little bracket mod but fit and look great as well as great sound and a aux input! Thanks again Tom...
JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ditto: Tom has a great product which he stands behind. I got the Pontiac Monsoon CD for my 87 Gt (with performance sound) and it looks and works great! I know he has earlier models too for the purists. 👍
black fiero bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for black fiero bobSend a Private Message to black fiero bobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Tom just a quick question what's the difference between a monsoon and the regular7 band radio?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock