Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS:PONTIAC AM/FM/CD Radios with Ipod Mp3 Aux input (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS:PONTIAC AM/FM/CD Radios with Ipod Mp3 Aux input by Fiero Tom
Started on: 11-30-2013 11:14 AM
Replies: 253 (11462 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 02-29-2024 09:37 AM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2015 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
IP: Logged
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2015 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

PM Sent

Replied
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-10-2015 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome product and service. Just put it in and I am thrilled with its performance even on the old speakers. Works exactly as a factory deck should - lights dim with dimmer control - everything just plugged in and worked! Couldn't have been easier unless I had someone else install it, and why bother when it was so easy? Thanks again Tom!
flyntus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have more of the Monsoon units with cd? Please put me down for one.
I sent you an email but I guess it's better to go through this thread? Thanks!
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by orygunparson:

Do you have more of the Monsoon units with cd? Please put me down for one.
I sent you an email but I guess it's better to go through this thread? Thanks!

The only difference with the Monsoon unit is that some of them had CD changer control, which allowed the use of a PAC AAI-GM9 Auxiliary Input For GM 9-PIN interface to be plugged in to the rear 9 pin aux port.

The Monsoon units with CD changer control are difficult to find and are the only ones I sell otherwise your'e just paying for the name.

So if you want the expanded capabilities of the Monsoon CD player there may be a long wait otherwise I always have a non-Monsoon 7 band equalizer radio ready to ship.

orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom,
Ok - If you have one of your "tricked out" AC Delco PONTIAC units with CD and 7 band equalizer available, please PM me with instructions for PayPal and I'll git er done. Thanks!
tomsablon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a 1990 GRAND AM. would like one for it or to have the crackling sound repaired with the addition of a aux port. maybe a monsoon
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by orygunparson:

Tom,
Ok - If you have one of your "tricked out" AC Delco PONTIAC units with CD and 7 band equalizer available, please PM me with instructions for PayPal and I'll git er done. Thanks!

PM sent.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Examples of what I currently have, photos are for reference only ( please note I no longer offer the radios with the orange plug ALL have black now).

Monsoon $160 shipped with adapters.

Seven Band $125 shipped with adapters.

Bass/treble $105 shipped with adapters.
PFF
System Bot
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How much would you charge to add the mp3 aux input to my current radio?
I picked up my head unit from a local yard and wired it up already but would like to add the aux input.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:

How much would you charge to add the mp3 aux input to my current radio?
I picked up my head unit from a local yard and wired it up already but would like to add the aux input.

PM sent

Tom
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question --- can you please describe the advantage of the Monsoon over the basic 7-band?

JG
Wannafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WannafieroSend a Private Message to WannafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Notorio,

I asked Tom the same question.

He quickly replied with an answer.

"The only difference with the Monsoon unit is that it has CD changer control, which allows the use of a PAC AAI-GM9 Auxiliary Input For GM 9-PIN interface to be plugged in to the rear 9 pin aux port".
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted

Question --- can you please describe the advantage of the Monsoon over the basic 7-band?

"The only difference with the Monsoon unit is that it has CD changer control, which allows the use of a PAC AAI-GM9 Auxiliary Input For GM 9-PIN interface to be plugged in to the rear 9 pin aux port".

I have a Monsoon unit in my INDY. One step better than just an PAC AUX input - if you have an iPod.

I'm using a P.I.E PXDP iPod adapter (PXHGM1 cable connects to deck) which is a direct connection/control for an iPod.
Once set up, the adapter turns on/off the iPod automatically anytime the radio is on. It also charges the iPod at the same time.

How it works. I haven't played with it extensively, but here's what I've found.
The deck "sees" the iPod as a CD Changer once you switch the deck to that function.
You can still control the iPod for music selections, to set it to play all songs in a Genre for example.
The deck's Next/Back, Fast Forward, etc all work.
I think Disk up/down functions will jump between Playlists (I haven't created any, so I'm not sure).

Using those controls from the deck, with it's large buttons, is easier (and safer) than trying to fiddle around with the iPod control wheel.

PXDP requires a deck specific harness. PXHGM1 for 9-pin Delco units.
More info http://www.discountcarstereo.com/PXDP.html

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-12-2015).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-12-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doesn't the monsoon have more power "watts" per channel. or did those in t/a's /ect use external amps..
I'm interested in one but have more questions, that may have been answered in this thread, I have not read it all.

1) the power "watts" question above, and if they are wired for external amps, if they did use external amps on the monsoon highpower systems were they line level out of the unit or speaker level..
2)what ohm speakers are used with the newer g.m. head units.. if factory is 10 ohm is 4ohm going to harm it..
3)steering wheel controls,what units can use them, and do the controls have to be from the same model car as the radio came out of,, or is the wheel control wiring pretty standardized..
4)The monsoon c/d control plug, do you know the pin out, and how hard is it to get the 9 pin connector to plug into it..
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to order the 7 band radio---PM sent
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wannafiero:
Hi Notorio,

I asked Tom the same question.

He quickly replied with an answer.

My bad, thanks for the info
orygunparson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for orygunparsonSend a Private Message to orygunparsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just received my CD/radio today - beautiful! when I get my car back on the road I'll be installing it and enjoying some fine tunes! Thank you!
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one set of adapters and the following radios ready to ship .........

Monsoon CD 7 band equalizer ..... $150
Standard CD 7 band equalizer .... $125
Standard CD Treble/Bass Ctrl .... $110
Monsoon Cassette 7 Band .... $115

PFF
System Bot
JohnnyBones

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyBonesSend a Private Message to JohnnyBonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent for a 7 band radio.

------------------
86 Fiero GT

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-19-2015 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Tom:

check your p.m.'s

jholda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jholdaSend a Private Message to jholdaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
JohnnyBones

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyBonesSend a Private Message to JohnnyBonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the radio today. Everything works including my factory sub.
Thanks!
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love this idea, and you have good prices too... The only part I don't like is the GREY radio buttons, I believe they made all BLACK ones on the newer Vibes/Matrix. How different are those radios? I think they already have and AUX input too! Ever try using one of those? Or find a way to paint the buttons? I just hate the Grey. My factory radio is from an '84 which is the only one I've seen that has all black controls. And I love it.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010

I love this idea, and you have good prices too... The only part I don't like is the GREY radio buttons, I believe they made all BLACK ones on the newer Vibes/Matrix. How different are those radios? I think they already have and AUX input too! Ever try using one of those? Or find a way to paint the buttons? I just hate the Grey. My factory radio is from an '84 which is the only one I've seen that has all black controls. And I love it.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still love mine, I have one in each of my Formula's.

Fierotregg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any still for sale? Thanks.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotregg:

Do you have any still for sale? Thanks.

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2015 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump ........ I still have several radios ready to ship.
FieroCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2015 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. I am in for buying one of these. What ones do you have currently?

------------------
My Fiero: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, V6, 4-speed manual

Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just removed my factory radio yesterday for an after market model.....you take the cores to modify?
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recently completed radios.

Seven Band Equalizer $125 shipped with adapters. SOLD

Bass Treble $105 shipped with adapters. SOLD

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 08-10-2015).]

Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take the 7 band.

PM sent.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recently completed radios.

Seven Band Equalizer $125 shipped with adapters.

Monsoon $150 shipped with adapters (SOLD)

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 08-30-2015).]

Scott574

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott574Send a Private Message to Scott574Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock