Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS:PONTIAC AM/FM/CD Radios with Ipod Mp3 Aux input (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS:PONTIAC AM/FM/CD Radios with Ipod Mp3 Aux input by Fiero Tom
Started on: 11-30-2013 11:14 AM
Replies: 253 (11476 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 02-29-2024 09:37 AM
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest radio for sale plug-n-play with aux. input .. same price $120 shipped. SOLD

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 04-11-2014).]

IP: Logged
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!

PM sent.

Charlie
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seq:

Do you have any with the CD changer support? I'd like to use the CD Changer for a bluetooth adapter, but also have the front AUX-in for an ipod/etc.

You can always go this route, the cassettes have CD changer support .........

2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are the requirements for CD changer? Like what kind of plug and changer will I have to find? and how much $$$?
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Radio showed up on Monday as advertised. It looks great and everything works well. I had to notch the rear support to clear the wire connector and sand down the hex on the nipple that mates with the rear support to allow the radio to sit back another 1/8". I also slightly notched the mounting holes in the forward supports to match the mounding holes of the Fiero. It is a nice stock look.

Thank You Tom!

Charlie
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest radio ... Monsoon late '99 with CD changer support $150 plug-n-play shipped ($180 to Canada) SOLD

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 04-25-2014).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent

Originally posted by Fiero Tom:

Latest radio ... Monsoon late '99 with CD changer support $150 plug-n-play shipped ($180 to Canada)

Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's like the one I have. The one I have from Tom looks brand new.

I have run into a problem though. The last owner cut the factory harness. I now need to find one before I install this Head Unit.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

PM Sent

PM replied
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM replied

PayPal Sent
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Feedback completed! Thanks Tom!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Feedback completed! Thanks Tom!

Feedback back to you and THANKS
huracan2015

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an original radio/cassette player if anyones interested. Check out my post.
seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my radio this week, and had a few minutes to swap it in today. Only took a couple minutes (and I've never done it before). The harness adapter was straight-forward (everything only plugs in one way).

Some folks elsewhere mention that the triangular metal plate at the back needs to be bent out of the way when swapping radios. However, with the model that I got (The Monsoon CD unit with remote CD capability), no modification was required. I just had to make sure the pin on the radio lined up with the hole in that plate.

I'm a very happy customer.

This is what I removed:

[This message has been edited by seq (edited 05-05-2014).]

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest radio ... same price plug-n-play $120 shipped

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those interested north of the border, plug-n-play to Canada is $150.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 05-28-2014).]

Spalding1028

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any way you can do one with a rear aux port? I'd like to run an aux cable to the cigarette lighter trim piece

[This message has been edited by Spalding1028 (edited 05-28-2014).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the CD player pictured below. The CD will randomly and intermittently skip sometimes until it has warmed up for a few minutes. I wonder if this is something you would take as a trade in on one of your equalizer CD units with the modified input. Or maybe it can be repaired and have the input added. Sorry about the dark pic. Not much light in the garage. Visually it is in near flawless condition. I can send a daylight picture if you have any interest.

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied and THANKS.

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

PM sent.

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tom

1014 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Sounds very interesting ... I may be interested in a swap ... I'll let you know.

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

I have the CD player pictured below. The CD will randomly and intermittently skip sometimes until it has warmed up for a few minutes. I wonder if this is something you would take as a trade in on one of your equalizer CD units with the modified input. Or maybe it can be repaired and have the input added. Sorry about the dark pic. Not much light in the garage. Visually it is in near flawless condition. I can send a daylight picture if you have any interest.

PFF
System Bot
jschmidt95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jschmidt95Send a Private Message to jschmidt95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the newer CD radio installed out of a Bonneville. What would the cost be to ship you my unit, install aux input then ship it back? (I don't need any wiring adapters or anything)

this unit installed in my car:

-John
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a daylight pic...

Kinda blurry and washed out. All lettering is perfect.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 05-31-2014).]

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have PM.

Originally posted by jschmidt95:

I have the newer CD radio installed out of a Bonneville. What would the cost be to ship you my unit, install aux input then ship it back? (I don't need any wiring adapters or anything)

-John

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Tom you have a pm.

Same question as jschmidt95 in above post.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

I Have this same radio also and would like to keep it. It almost matches the look of the original casette EQ radio. Not much room for an aux imput on the face. Can you do one coming out the back on a long cable that I could install the cigarette trim plate on the console? Please PM me with info and a price.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for answer.........
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom, Can you do the volume control fix on the 7 band EQ caassette/radio? I have at least 3 of them and none of the volume controls work right anymore. I have the adapter on the back to tap into the aux input for CD changer but is it possible to have the front jack as well?

- Jonathan
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I don't do that , you'll have to go replacementradios.com.

Originally posted by jscott1:

Tom, Can you do the volume control fix on the 7 band EQ caassette/radio? I have at least 3 of them and none of the volume controls work right anymore. I have the adapter on the back to tap into the aux input for CD changer but is it possible to have the front jack as well?

- Jonathan

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tom

1014 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I'm not sure what's involved in modding that radio so I'll have to pass.

Originally posted by Rick 88:

bump for answer.........

gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry I don't do that , you'll have to go replacementradios.com.

Okay thanks, I've been meaning to send my radio to them for years, but thought maybe I could give a Fiero guy my business.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom,
I would like to find out f I can send you my radio (possibly two, same Pontiac CD unit you are working with) to have the backlit aux plug installed in them. I love the look but have very little electronics knowledge so I don't want to attempt it myself and screw it up. Let me know what the cost is...of course I pay shipping back and forth.
John
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Tom,
I would like to find out f I can send you my radio (possibly two, same Pontiac CD unit you are working with) to have the backlit aux plug installed in them. I love the look but have very little electronics knowledge so I don't want to attempt it myself and screw it up. Let me know what the cost is...of course I pay shipping back and forth.
John

You have PM.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tom

1014 posts
Member since Jun 2002
A couple of radios I recently completed, these are not plug-n-play you will have to buy the adapters to install in a Fiero plug-n-play adapters included.

.... $99 shipped $120 shipped ($150 Canada).

.... $79 shipped $100 shipped ($130 Canada).

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 09-24-2014).]

Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed one in my MERA today since it's radio was on the fritz. I ran into a few very small issues. First, the larger rear plug rubs the bracket and would not allow the radio to go fully back in the slot. Solved that by removing the side of the plastic plug that was hitting the bracket. That took about one minute. Next, the screw holes on the side brackets are ever so slightly not lining up with the stock Fiero skeleton for the console. A small round file in the three holes sorted that out in about three minutes. A little difficult getting in lined up for the alignment prong in the rear to sit in the Fiero bracket but after a minute or two of finagling...she was in! All in all about a 20 minute job and it took a round file, a single torx bit, and a 7mm nut driver. I would like to send a radio or two to you to have them modified so I can plug MP3 players in to it.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2014 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tom,

Still interested in fixing up this unit. Can you quote replacement of the internal CD player unit (it skips intermittently until it warms up) and also an add-on quote to have the external input added?

Not interested in a swap at this time, unless it is for the identical unit in proper working and cosmetic condition, in which case you could quote that for me too.

Thanks

Sounds very interesting ... I may be interested in a swap ... I'll let you know.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 09-18-2014).]

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump .. Got some adapters in, offering the latest radios as plug-n-play.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another radio plug-n-play adapters included.

... $80 shipped ($110 Canada) SOLD

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 09-24-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay