Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS:PONTIAC AM/FM/CD Radios with Ipod Mp3 Aux input (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS:PONTIAC AM/FM/CD Radios with Ipod Mp3 Aux input by Fiero Tom
Started on: 11-30-2013 11:14 AM
Replies: 253 (11478 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 02-29-2024 09:37 AM
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent!
IP: Logged
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you give any kind of warranty on this one? The last couple I have acquired have been bad and I just had to eat the money. The last one worked until the amp warmed up then would snap and pop until the sound died all together.

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 01-29-2014).]

Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

Can you give any kind of warranty on this one? The last couple I have acquired have been bad and I just had to eat the money. The last one worked until the amp warmed up then would snap and pop until the sound died all together.

Sorry, that radio was sold but I do have a couple of later style cassette players plug-n-play with aux. input for sale.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 01-30-2014).]

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest radios for sale plug-n-play with aux. input .. same price $120 shipped.

I've changed the aux. port to 'power push' yellow to see easier in low light ...

... and it's now lit after dark .

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 02-07-2014).]

lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday. Took me a bit longer than 10 minutes to install- it's deeper than stock so I had some futzing to do with the cables in the back. I also had to improvise a bit as the mounting holes aren't a perfect match and I have two existing cracked out screw holes in the plastic frame.

That said, with the conveniently included antenna and wiring harness adapters, this was an easy, affordable, very nice upgrade that retains the stock look. Highly recommended for anyone who wants a line-in input, doesn't need USB, and wants a stock look.

Fast shipping, too. Seller gets two thumbs up from me.
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you do this with a monsoon radio of the same style? Would it work with factory sub? If you can get one that is what I would like,

------------------
JJFieroFan

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 02-04-2014).]

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JJFieroFan:

Can you do this with a monsoon radio of the same style? Would it work with factory sub? If you can get one that is what I would like,

The monsoon radios demand such a premium to purchase I can't do one at the same price as the 'non-monsoon' and yes they all work with the factory sub.
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man ! I wish I waited. I love the orange glowing aux plug ! I wasn't in a rush to buy, I just didn't want to miss out on them. I wish I could exchange mine for the orange light up plug one! Is that possible?
Can I send mine back to you for an exchange?
------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Carbed and loving it! (Peugot 604 manifold) ---"Sorry purists"

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 02-04-2014).]

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

Oh man ! I wish I waited. I love the orange glowing aux plug ! I wasn't in a rush to buy, I just didn't want to miss out on them. I wish I could exchange mine for the orange light up plug one! Is that possible?
Can I send mine back to you for an exchange?

I'm open to an exchange but you would be responsible for the shipping costs ... send me the radio and $10 for return shipping.

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Fiero Tom! Comin back to you for an exchange!
Awesome seller !

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped

JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep your eye out for a monsoon. I would not need the cd changer control. I would be willing to pay a bit more as well. Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keep your eye out for a monsoon. I would not need the cd changer control. I would be willing to pay a bit more as well. Thanks!

PM sent.

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you PM me with what you'd charge to modify my deck? I have the same equalizer CD unit as you display. I just got it about a year ago and would prefer just to have it modified and returned to me. Let me know Sir... Thanks.

------------------
My Fiero...

88 Yellow CJB #182 of 1252 formula

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zefferk:

Could you PM me with what you'd charge to modify my deck? I have the same equalizer CD unit as you display. I just got it about a year ago and would prefer just to have it modified and returned to me. Let me know Sir... Thanks.

PM sent.
mckaymotoworks

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for the original cassette w/AUX version. Had my eye on one on Ebay, but it sold.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mckaymotoworks:

I'm looking for the original cassette w/AUX version. Had my eye on one on Ebay, but it sold.

I'm not doing the 'originals', but if you send your radio I can do it for you.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got one ... Pontiac Monsoon stereo plug-n-play with backlit aux. input ... $150 shipped

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 02-15-2014).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you do this with a monsoon radio of the same style?

Unless I'm mistaken, the only difference with the Monsoon unit is that some of them had CD changer control, which allowed an iPod interface to be plugged in..
Since you're buying a radio with an AUX jack, the connection for the iPod interface is not needed anyway.
Unless you really have a CD changer.
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sending a PM
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JJFieroFan

275 posts
Member since Mar 2013
I had one in my 2002 firebird. I looked them up and there is not much if any difference. It is worth the 30 to me. Likely it will be a newer one at least. Delco electronics was in my hometown of Kokomo, IN. My mom worked there. The delco radios made beginning in 1988 were mostly made in Mexico. So that is another reason I might as well get the monsoon, wherever it was made, at least no delco label. JJ

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 02-17-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
next time you get a Monsoon one, let me know...
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my unit back from Tom today and it looks great! He even returned it with the CD that I left in it after disconnecting it in a new protective case! What a great guy! Will post pics once she's back in her home. One of the best upgrades for the money no doubt!

------------------
My Fiero...

88 Yellow CJB #182 of 1252 formula

Hidalgo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had one in my 2002 firebird. I looked them up and there is not much if any difference. It is worth the 30 to me. Likely it will be a newer one at least. Delco electronics was in my hometown of Kokomo, IN. My mom worked there. The delco radios made beginning in 1988 were mostly made in Mexico. So that is another reason I might as well get the monsoon, wherever it was made, at least no delco label. JJ

I thought the Monsoon had a built-in amplifier? If it doesn't have one, then what makes it better than the standard radios of the day?
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my radio and it looks great! Thanks so much!!!
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't end up sending mine back for the orange plug. My wife was giving me hell about the "unnecessary" $20 round trip shipping to do so. "Just for an illuminated plug? Come on!" Is what I got. So I decided to hold on to the one I already got from Tom.
I will most probably have to wait until late spring/early summer to install it but I will post that progress when it happens.
I feel like one of the Canadian people with this winter, I'm ready to call Long Island part of the 'Great White North" LOL

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 03-01-2014).]

JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed it today and it looks terrific and works fine. It is slightly louder. I was in the garage so I could not get all my stations tuned but it sounded great, if I can do it anyone can!!! Thanks again!!!
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump TTT for an amazing product and a great guy !

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
Where driving hard is SOP.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest radios plug-n-play ...

Plug-n-Play ... Seven band Equalizer $120 shipped

Plug-n-Play ... Monsoon $165 shipped SOLD

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 03-25-2014).]

Ponti88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ponti88GTSend a Private Message to Ponti88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ponti88GT:

PM sent.

PM back at ya.
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have a pm
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please let me know when you have another 7-band equalizer CD player ready to sell. Delco or the Monsoon. Either one will be fine.

Charlie
seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any with the CD changer support? I'd like to use the CD Changer for a bluetooth adapter, but also have the front AUX-in for an ipod/etc.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seq:

Do you have any with the CD changer support? I'd like to use the CD Changer for a bluetooth adapter, but also have the front AUX-in for an ipod/etc.

I believe only the Pontiac Monsoon CD Radio from 1996-2002 with EQ had CDC, I don't have any of those available currently.
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having just bought a monsoon I was researching it. I think they switched to CDC support sometime in 1999. So after 1999 they should and if it's a '99 you can check the number on the back to see. I googled and found info on that on one of the f body forums.

JJ
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could that rear CDC jack on the Monsoon also be used to plug in some kind of satellite radio module?

I was also wondering if anyone had an answer for my previous question about the Monsoon: did it also have a built-in amplifier to set it apart from the regular non-Monsoon Delco radio?
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The amplifier is separate. Google monsoon CD player and there are links that give lots of information.
Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got mine the other day and I must say that I am very impressed. Thanks so much for providing this service.

Has anyone bought and installed the monsoon AMP?

[This message has been edited by Inferno (edited 04-07-2014).]

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And now for something completely different .... $100 plug-n-play SOLD

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 04-24-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay