FS Getrag 5 speed 282s by FieroNate
Started on: 11-16-2013 03:18 PM
Replies: 18 (1121 views)
Last post by: FieroNate on 08-01-2015 11:45 AM
FieroNate

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 2.5 Getrag 5 speeds for sale. The mileage is unknown but they work.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TransAmLS2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TransAmLS2Send a Private Message to TransAmLS2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are they from fieros? or a FWD car?

What years are they?
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect they could be either fiero or FWD. email me for pictures you can Identify them. FieroNate@gmail.com
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. These all have Fiero brackets. The main difference is a screw in dipstick vs a cam-lock dipstick. Not sure which are fiero or fwd or maybe 87 vs 88
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you know so little about them, how do you know they work as designed?
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

If you know so little about them, how do you know they work as designed?

Not sure what that comment means. I hardly would say I know little about the Getrag 282. 10 years ago I completely rebuilt a FWD unit for my 87 GT. It is now in an 88 GT. Also the Getrag 282s work well. Just ask anyone on the forum.

What I have is 3 getrags for sale. One I bought with the engine now in the 88 GT. the other one was on the engine that came out of the 88 GT (broken crank or cam) which may have seen some abuse, but the oil looks clean (only way to tell is to diassemble check the magnet and inspect the teeth and synchro teeth).. The third Getrag is one I've had for years with a broken gear (out of a FWD) pretty much good for parts or case halves.

I decided to swap a F40 into the 87 GT so I have a few getrags I no longer need. I honestly don't have time to open them up. I can run them through the gears and listen/feel for issues. I'm pretty sure both are in good shape. If someone is serious about buying I'll investigate further. The last one I'm considering parts unless someone has spare gears in which case I can rebuild it.

I could rebuild any of them if need be. But I suspect few are willing to pay what a properly rebuilt Getrag is worth (new bearings, blocker rings on 1st & 2nd as a minimum, media blasted case outer, with primed and painted case/powder coating)... So I'm selling them as is for parts or to run.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much you know about the Getrag 282 is not the same as knowing the history and condition of the ones you're selling.
Your description sounds like you got these with parts and have not actually run them in a vehicle, meaning their condition is an unknown.
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suppose that is largely correct. I'm fairly certain the one purchased with the engine that is now in the 88 is in good shape and has 160K miles on it. I bought the engine/trans from someone here on PFF. They posted a video of it driving. They engine works as claimed.

A turn through the gears can be a quick indicator of major damage to gears or bearings. I suspect with 160K on it the 1st-2nd blocker rings could be worn as was the case with my original 87GT trans.

If I could find a complete rebuild parts kit for them I'd rebuild and sell them with full condition inspection documentation.

But I'm listing them as is. So anyone buying will have to take a little leap of faith that they work just as I did when I bought the engine & trans for my 88.

If you want a guarantee I can tear one apart to inspect the gear set and put it back together prior to shipping. But I charge for that.

Otherwise I'm sure someone on here has a Getrag with better history on them.

Make me an offer on what you think they are worth then...
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Anyone interested in them?
PFF
System Bot
Sigler85GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sigler85GTSend a Private Message to Sigler85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
mrsleeve86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrsleeve86Send a Private Message to mrsleeve86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you an email a couple of days ago as well.
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMs received.

I'm thinking $75 each plus shipping for the assembled 5 speeds. I have at least two of them that I can get ready to ship this weekend.
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had a few people message me with interest. I'm going to put them on e-bay as soon as I get some better pictures. They are still available.
mionallen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mionallenSend a Private Message to mionallenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have all the Fiero brackets for sale?
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you mean Fiero brackets?
FieroNate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE are you still interested in these?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock