Started on: 07-20-2013 11:24 AM
Replies: 37 (3032 views)
Last post by: Engineering Kid on 04-12-2014 09:19 PM
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of a feeler thread. I am considering selling my L67. 42,000 miles. The car is a blasty. No rust. Runs great. I have put probably 3-5k miles on it since I bought it in February. Drove it home from Chicago. Drove it down to Texas a month ago. Heat works great. A/C works even better. I mean seriously, it will freeze you up.

I am not going to do the whole the good vs the bad.
The car is awesome. A number of go fast goodies. Intercooler. Cam. Stud bolts. 3.0 pulley. Exhaust. Headers. "CAI". Throttle body (N* I think). 5speed. Was rebuilt due to cracked case.

360FT/LB at the wheels.

Everything works.

Some body mods, including Aus Spec 2 scoops. F355 lights and fascia.

The paint is 3 footer. Couple flaws. I DRIVE this car. I wouldn't dream of spending money on a new paint job with its' current condition.

The only thing that is "wrong" on this car is a warped center console door and air leak around the tops. I think the windows can be adjusted to address the air leak as the rubber is all in great condition. Trunk intact. Tan/beechwod interior. Not original to the car as the trunk has grey carpet. The only thing needing repaired on this car is the dogbone. I broke it. I had a cracked (dry) radiator hose, so I have the car in the shop having that replaced and the radiator flushed. I just had Mobile 1 synthetic put in, was running that before, but the oil is fresh. When I get it back from the shop, I likely will either have the bone welded or a new one built. Gotta check the actual condition.

This car goes. PERIOD.

I don't need to sell the car. I just want to buy a new MB and can't justify two ridiculous cars in my driveway. Plus I enjoy being able to park one of my trucks in the garage.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 07-20-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Mods that I can think of.

Engine.
ZZP intercooler.
TB (N* I think).
CAI (K&N I think).
Stud bolts.
3.0 pulley. Modular.
Headers
Exhaust. Spintec maybe, but I'll have to check my notes as that doesn't sound right.
ZZP cam.
Computer by FastFieros. Though I think I want to try a Sinister tune.
Relocated battery.
Corvette fuel pump.

Interior.
Tan.
Leather seats. Camaro?
DVD Navigation.
Bass tube.
Upgraded speakers, no idea what though.
Speedhut gauges.
PW/PL both slow.
PM. Not functioning. Switch possibly? The car was factory with it.
Defrost. Silly.
Decklid pop.

Exterior.
Aus stage 2 scoops.
Front scoop.
Ferrari Red. Rubio Russo I think is the exact color.
HID lights, not a retrofit. These are from a Lexus.
Rear scoop.
F355 front fascia.
F355 rear lights.
LED 3rd brake light.

Supsension
17" wheels.
13" corvette brakes.
Slotted and drilled rotors.
Poly bushings.
Coilovers. Eibach maybe, not positive.

I am positive I have missed something or not been specific enough.
Bad Cornflakes

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bad CornflakesSend a Private Message to Bad CornflakesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you looking to get out of it?
Uaana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Typical response:

Well it's not factory red, and the fish gill frontend.. $500

And a Bump. I'd love it, just can't swing it now.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bad Cornflakes:

What are you looking to get out of it?

$13500
Cash is what's up though.

Originally posted by Uaana:

Typical response:

Well it's not factory red, and the fish gill frontend.. $500

And a Bump. I'd love it, just can't swing it now.

I have to assume you are making a mockery of every Fiero owners with this response.

Thanks for your comedy. Clearly it's an abomination... Meaning the car.

Uaana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
I have to assume you are making a mockery of every Fiero owners with this response.
Thanks for your comedy. Clearly it's an abomination... Meaning the car.

Mach, I'd love to have the car, OMG, It's perfect
I'd give you my GF for it, but she dosent understand HALO..

<<bump>>
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey neighbor...NICE ride!
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timcha:

Hey neighbor...NICE ride!

I don't know you. Thanks for the props. This car is nothing like what people normally do. It is done. The a/c works. It goes... PERIOD. When I get it back from the shop I can peep you and you ride. If my girl isn't on my ass about her riding.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know you. Thanks for the props. This car is nothing like what people normally do. It is done. The a/c works. It goes... PERIOD. When I get it back from the shop I can peep you and you ride. If my girl isn't on my ass about her riding.

Really.. your GF needs test riding.. and you don't want a load of snarky comments?

Sure, skinny blonde sounds like fun.. but still not sold on no reverse lights.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous owners video.

PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awww hell. I hope this means you aren't leaving us!

for tire kickers reading this thread... this is a really fine looking and head turning machine. Wish I could be a serious buyer...

GLWS.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where on the map is Moore America?
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodrow50:

Where on the map is Moore America?

The HEARTLAND!!!

OKC

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 07-24-2013).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Awww hell. I hope this means you aren't leaving us!

for tire kickers reading this thread... this is a really fine looking and head turning machine. Wish I could be a serious buyer...

GLWS.

Thanks for the kind words Blake.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

There is a sick Lotus I want to buy. Would like to move this car, I can't justify both.
Robb Craige

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robb CraigeSend a Private Message to Robb CraigeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still available??
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robb Craige:

Still available??

Robb, I believe we spoke on the phone previously. It is still available though.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunday bump. It has had a cracked hose replaced and back home. That blower sound is silly. Did I mention it is an upgraded pulley and everything else?!?

I am likely not buying the MB, but going with a Lotus Evora or Exige.

Want to sell this car before I have it. Also trying to build a new home. Open to offers. WILL NOT part out like Winkie. Robb call me if you decide you might get interested in my car again. Sorry the panels aren't stock.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any interest? Car has been running great. I need to get it out for a photo shoot while the weather is so perfect, but life has been silly busy. This needs to be driven more.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just to add your seats are out of a trans am 4th gen
PFF
System Bot
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
come down to Austin and we can swap motors and some cash. Maybe some ACL tickets too!

and a free bump..

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

just to add your seats are out of a trans am 4th gen

Thanks Rick. I did not know that. I assumed an F-Body. I am guessing the tracks were swapped as they seem to sit at the same height.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car has been stored indoors all winter. Ready to clean it up and get it sold.
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which transmission? Any mods there?

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

pgackeman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pgackemanSend a Private Message to pgackemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How much are you asking?

Any new pictures?

Any chance you'll be in Georgia or South Carolina?

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a beautiful car and well worth your asking price from what I've seen of it online.
Good luck with the sale!
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Intercooler. Cam. Stud bolts. 3.0 pulley. Exhaust. Headers. "CAI". Throttle body (N* I think). 5speed. Was rebuilt due to cracked case.

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Which transmission? Any mods there?

Thanks,
Greg

The transmission is the Getrag 5 original to the car. It was rebuilt before I bought the car. It shifts smooth. It is either a spec 3 or spec 3+ clutch. It has a few other mods done to it, I can look at my original notes. Lloyd did the tune it is currently on and I think I'd get a lot more power if it the computer was sent back to Ryan (Sinister).

Originally posted by pgackeman:

How much are you asking?

Any new pictures?

Any chance you'll be in Georgia or South Carolina?

I had it listed at $13,500, but would be willing to negotiate from there depending on the buyer. The car is in really great condition. All things work. Beachwood interior. Low miles. I drove it down from Chicago to Moore when I bought it and it ran like a champ. I won't be in either of those states, but would possibly be willing to reduce the price to help cover some of your shipping.

I plan on taking it out with my buddies Solstice and maybe my other friends Ford GT if I can't generate enough interest. It will be going on Ebay in a few weeks, just want to offer it up here first. I am negotiable to offers as it has just been stored all winter and was a heavy cop magnet for me all summer long. I fired it up a few days ago. Damn it sounded great. I didn't take it out as it is still parked on my rollers and the weather was wet.

If anyone needs specific photos or has questions feel free to post them here or PM me.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went ahead and posted it on Ebay. Starting bid of $8500 has already been met.

Link in case anyone is interested. PM/Post/Ebay me for questions.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weekend bump for the eBay auction.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

SOLD

I had someone waiting until last minute to buy the car, apparently they had something wrong with their paypal and had waited so long I couldn't get it resolved. I think they wanted me to go around the auction, but that sounded shady, especially after talking to you for a bit last night. This car seems like it is going to a very deserving home!
akademikjeanius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK...this may end up costing me a bunch of Neg rating (which I have NEVER had)...but PM and I will give you the skinny on this car.

IMO the car isn't worth $2K in current condition & I drove 3.5 hours there and had cash in hand, but turn around and went home.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-02-2014).]

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any current videos of the car. They are over 5 years old.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
13.104 @ 101.45 MPH 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

OK...this may end up costing me a bunch of Neg rating (which I have NEVER had)...but PM and I will give you the skinny on this car.

IMO the car isn't worth $2K in current condition & I drove 3.5 hours there and had cash in hand, but turn around and went home.

Sorry I refunded you your deposit. You are welcome to your opinion. I guess I understand the kind of person you are compared to a guy who wasn't trying to do wrong by anyone.

EDIT

Post whatever, no need to be secretive. I'm what I consider an honest guy. You want to trash another man's property, do it in the open.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 04-03-2014).]

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the status on this car?
Engineering Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Engineering KidSend a Private Message to Engineering KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi.

I am interested in what looks like a really nice car, but I've got my reservations. I'm a long way from oklahoma, so I'd have to fly in and drive the car home, or pay to have it transported to me, and buy the car sight unseen (both of which are risky for me).
I have done this in the past, including negotiation for price and pickup etc on a fiero, but only with a lot of photos and after I've paid for a local mechanical inspection of the car (you provide the car to a local shop, I pay for the inspection and get the results).

So....I'm a serious buyer, and have money available. no checking with my bank, or mom or wife, or waiting to sell my other car first etc....
BUT, I'd like to get in contact with you directly via phone to talk seriously about purchasing this car.

I've seen the ad listing on here as it has been bumped and watched the ebay auctions as they ran their course. Before I make an offer and talk buying/selling I'd need more info about the car. I've owned an 88GT with a north-star in the past, and I'm not new to this forum. I am interested in buying a nice fiero, but I'm not interested in pie in the sky prices or misrepresented vehicles.

Is there a phone number you can be reached at?

If you don't want to post up a phone number on the forum, please feel free to e-mail me directly at I have a gmail account with the username dcostigane (won't type it out here for spam avoidance).
Please don't P.M. me as I don't actually check this website daily and won't respond quickly.

Thanks in advance, look forward to speaking with you.
Regards
David

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock