88 Fiero GT 3.8 Supercharged FOR SALE by DrABSMI
Started on: 06-25-2013 03:11 PM
Replies: 22 (8969 views)
Last post by: mrfiero on 01-11-2015 01:43 PM
DrABSMI

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrABSMISend a Private Message to DrABSMIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1988 Fiero GT 5-speed with supercharged 3.8 V6 conversion. This is not a "quick and dirty" backyard swap. It is a professional job performed by Sinister Performance in Fort Wayne, IN. Conversion was done in 2007 using a zero-mileage dyno engine (used for factory replacements). Fewer than 10K miles since conversion.

There are far too many upgrades to list, so email me at gregkellogg1@yahoo.com if you'd like the conversion build sheet ($8500 price tag). As for the car, it has around 140K miles but is spectacularly clean. Many suspension upgrades and 5Zigen wheels with BF Goodrich tires (approx. 60% tread). Paint is 7.5/10, leather interior is 9/10 with brand new headliner. Late model Pontiac CD/radio and top-shelf Polk speakers installed (great sound).

This is an incredible car, especially if you're in the market for a Fiero conversion. Needs nothing. Belonged to my late father. It's heartbreaking to sell but I need the space/funds to finish his '66 Corvair project. Also, this is my dad's Pennock account as I could not register with my Yahoo address. Please email gregkellogg1@yahoo.com with questions and do not send PMs to this account. Pictures of the car and conversion can be found here

I haven't seen enough of these swaps to accurately value this car, so I will entertain offers for now. Vehicle is located in Ridgway, CO. Sorry, but I will only entertain U.S. sales.

Thanks,

Greg Kellogg

8/29 Edit: As mentioned below, I have not been actively trying to sell the car all summer. After some offers and feedback I'm now asking $10K but will entertain other serious offers. Just had the car inspected and oil changed this week. It is ready to go and will NOT disappoint. -Greg

[This message has been edited by DrABSMI (edited 08-29-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just thought I would throw up a sample from the Photo bucket

I really dig the wing delete on these cars
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked thru the pics. That's a very nice car.
Good luck with your sale.

Although I never talked with your dad I'm sorry to hear about his passing.
DrABSMI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrABSMISend a Private Message to DrABSMIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments, guys. A couple of things I forgot to mention: Battery tray was relocated to front underneath spare tire. Premium Optimum battery with trickle charger lead and new spare. Unfortunately I don't have photos of that at the moment. Also, my dad had about $2K in fuel system upgrades done last year with new high capacity fuel pump, regulator, and some other things. I can find more about that if anybody is interested. Lastly, the front clip and hood were professionally resprayed last year and match the rest of the car perfectly.

I posted a couple more swap pictures on the Photobucket site, and here is a link to the PDF build sheet since I've had many requests for it.
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for one of the nicest Fiero's I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful. Good luck with the sale!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see the bill states he was in Michigan, but after I looked at the Pics, I see the car is in CO. Nice car. I bought a similar- kind of - car back in FEB. I wished I would have waited. But come to think of it, this car would be out of my price range.
DrABSMI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrABSMISend a Private Message to DrABSMIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, Ryan did the build before my parents moved to Colorado. They lived in Brighton, MI. My dad's screen name means Dr. A.B.S. Michigan (he was an anti-lock brake engineer at GM before retiring). Actually, come to think of it, he purchased the donor vehicle close to Hickory Corners in West Michigan.

[This message has been edited by DrABSMI (edited 06-27-2013).]

Robb Craige

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robb CraigeSend a Private Message to Robb CraigeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is this car red or burgundy?
bw03

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bw03Send a Private Message to bw03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robb Craige:

Looks like it's "medium red" but I could be wrong.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin...l=Fiero&sname=Medium Red

[This message has been edited by bw03 (edited 06-28-2013).]

92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robb Craige:

Yeah ....it is the Burgundy (official name is Medium Red Metallic)
Robb Craige

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robb CraigeSend a Private Message to Robb CraigeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still available?
PFF
System Bot
DrABSMI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrABSMISend a Private Message to DrABSMIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, still available. I have not been actively trying to sell since my original post. Just this week the car was looked over (by the best mechanic on Colorado's Western Slope!) and oil changed.
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpin' this just because.
DrABSMI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrABSMISend a Private Message to DrABSMIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!

Back in October, actually. Forgot to amend this posting until an onslaught of interest recently. Selling price on eBay was $10,500 for those of you following conversion prices.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrABSMI:

SOLD!

Back in October, actually. Forgot to amend this posting until an onslaught of interest recently. Selling price on eBay was $10,500 for those of you following conversion prices.

Wow! I don't think I've seen a stock bodied swapped Fiero go for that high, maybe they're finally starting to go up in value. I know on CL all I see is junkers or mediocre cars with insane asking prices for the last 2 years. Congrats on the sale!
DrABSMI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrABSMISend a Private Message to DrABSMIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks - the auction shot up to $8-9K pretty early on, and then a flurry of action at the very end brought it to $10.5K. It went to a very nice dentist in southern Alabama who had owned another 3800 conversion that he wasn't happy with. He has since informed me that he's over the moon with this car, so Ryan at Sinister can stick another feather in his hat.
Prinz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrinzClick Here to visit Prinz's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrinzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought that car from the Dentist...
akademikjeanius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Prinz:

I just bought that car from the Dentist...

Resold that quick? Must've bit off more than he could chew....
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or a problem.
Prinz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2015 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrinzClick Here to visit Prinz's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrinzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The broker in Alabama who sold it was one of the nicest and mot honest guys I've met online...

It had a couple of issues when I took shipment, but nothing too bad...
It needed new a new ignition control and new coils...I put in a regular AC Delco Ingition Module and MSD Coils...
It also had something wrong with the EGR Valve...The car misfired when it opened up...I simply unplugged it and it runs fine...

I changed all the fluids immediately and keep it waxed and covered...
I have plans to bring it back to Indiana this spring and have Ryan give it a 'once over'...
I look forward to the journey and meeting Ryan in person...

It is a beautiful car and I am happy to offer it a good home...It now lives with a twin sister - same year, model, and colors...
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2015 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

Yeah ....it is the Burgundy (official name is Medium Red Metallic)

Believe this clears up something for me. Was there ever a burgandy factory color in other years? They just look deep red to me, but the reference confuses me when I see it stated as burgandy.
PFF
System Bot
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2015 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations... there's nothing quite like the fun of owning a nice 3800sc swapped 88 GT
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:

Believe this clears up something for me. Was there ever a burgandy factory color in other years? They just look deep red to me, but the reference confuses me when I see it stated as burgandy.

Medium red metallic was first offered in 1987, so only '87-'88 Fieros could be had in that color. It is often referred to as "burgundy" , "dark red", "metallic red" and even "brandywine", but medium red metallic is the official color name.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock