Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Zimmer Quicksilver Inner Door Skins...some of the nicest door skins created for Fiero (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Zimmer Quicksilver Inner Door Skins...some of the nicest door skins created for Fiero by TXOPIE
Started on: 05-17-2013 01:55 AM
Replies: 256 (13407 views)
Last post by: dkh1020 on 10-05-2014 11:19 PM
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2013 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When do you think these will be produced?

Thanks
Nolan
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

When do you think these will be produced?

Thanks
Nolan

Sourmug...the prototypes are in production now...expecting updates shorty. Once photos are available will post this week...hopefully sooner than later!
Once prototypes are perfect, he will make plugs and knock out the orders.
I will post when he is ready to take the down payments...but won't be until the plugs are completed.
Stay-tuned this will moved pretty quick.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

I'm interested in a modern pocket area as well. I'll also pay for the first covered set from Russ (unless that's for Russ's use himself).

Is a pocket planned, or would have to be tweaked after the run?

Thanks,
Greg

MODERN POCKET..OK...everyone show me pictures of examples of what your thinking...might consider, but may also just let it me a variation that individuals could do afterwards.

Greg... Maybe the 2nd set...the First mine and will help Russ be able to determine what his cost is to complete these panels.

We will also offer direct shipping to Russ's facilities in IN. (cost will be passed onto you the buyer...this is just a convenience to save you have to ship more than needed).

You will have to work directly with Russ on what materials and how you want your set finished off. Materials such as leather VS vinyl will very the cost in upholstery.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
SOMETHING LIKE THIS?:

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

SOMETHING LIKE THIS?:

That was was nearly perfect to what I was thinking. The only thing I would like added would be a vertical slat where it starts going up. It would be goof to hold envelopes, registration, etc. The lower part would be a good area for change and misc. Is that doable?

PS- Maybe a cover or lock-box in the same desesign? Or a partial one?

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 05-27-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

That was was nearly perfect to what I was thinking. The only thing I would like added would be a vertical slat where it starts going up. It would be goof to hold envelopes, registration, etc. The lower part would be a good area for change and misc. Is that doable?

PS- Maybe a cover or lock-box in the same desesign? Or a partial one?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg,

This might me an add-on piece that could be a variation...don't want to permanently make it apart of the entire mold and lock it in to just that.

Here is another rendition I am playing with as well:

It looks like we are going to definitely add a hidden storage area under the door armrest on a hinge and tension clasp setup. I personally am considering just utilizing Spider Style Cargo Net setup....allowing the most amount of leg room, when not utilizing to hold a 20 oz bottle.
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i really like the flip up but with no cargo net
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are all possible options to finish off...the only one that will be incorporated is the flip-up one...cargo net and other pocket can all be one offs.

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so the flip up door handle pocket is a for sure? that would be awesome
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Up to 13 Yes & 5 Maybes...let me know if there is anyone else before we close up this group buy.
We will leave the group buy open a few days past posting of the prototype photos.
These will not be another run until next spring after this one.

The LIST is in Post #1 on page #1

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-27-2013).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2013 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have me listed as a yes and a maybe. Please delete the maybe.

Thanks
Nolan
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me to the "maybe" list.

I'm guessing that the original door pockets will not fit. Correct?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Please add me to the "maybe" list.

I'm guessing that the original door pockets will not fit. Correct?

Yes, without changing the lines of the panel.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Thanks!
As soon as I get a completed price I'll make a decision. Probably "yeah". These things look great!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-28-2013).]

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the maybe list....

Since we are talking about wants...
1. I would love to see an option on the door handle to add power window/mirror/door lock controls to cleanup the center console.
2. Instead of a pocket in the bottom, maybe curve the panel in with a spot for a speaker?

This to me would be the best door panel upgrade. Best of everything...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 05-28-2013).]

Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some very good ideas on the panels. Can't wait to get the first set so I can give a completed cost on the finished product

Russ

------------------

KEV

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im also very interested in a set..

------------------

2000 Malibu 3100 V6
1999 GMC Jimmy 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 auto
1985 Fiero SE 3.4 V6 4 spd
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: We should have some pictures posted tomorrow of the prototype, if all goes as planned.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me on the maybe list.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: These are going to bleed in over the weekend...sorry everyone!

This isn't much to look at but it is one of the 1st pictures had taken already...like I stated earlier more up-to-date pictures soon to come...hang on!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love the idea of speaker in the door. and the flip up pannel...
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the maybe list.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the maybe list please. I want to see what the finished product will look like and cost before making a decision. Plus I might be buying new tires so that will affect the money situation lol.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim,

Please add me to maybe list. I need to see finished mold. Not crazy about courtesy light in door handle. (chrome thing on handle) like the hinged arm rest a lot.

Very Interested. I have some of Russ work, nice work, fair price. Maybe we can talk at NTFC meeting on 6-22.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: more photos trickling in...will have more shortly and we should have prototype by end of week to show:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-04-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Just got word from Rob...get ready everyone...we should have some great updated photos of the prototype by tomorrow! Hang tight!
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me on the maybe list.
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Not the update I was hoping for, but solid progress:

Time-Line to Go:

As you can see from the pics the panel back is all finished minus the sanding to achieve final shaping and primer.

Its all made out of fiberglass now and not some flimsy vinyl covered cardboard.

Now that Rob has created the mold plug for the back parts of the door panel he can get the other side done to the same point of progress in less than two days
(since the trial and error part is over).

After that he will be fabricating the arm rests which he already knows exactly how is doing them.

Once those are all done and molded Rob will just make the simple mold of the upper back section of the panels to create the piece that gets the horizontal stitching on it.

At which point he will be completely done and ready to lift new parts out of the molds.

Rob will then test fit everything first on a Fiero door to ensure there is good fitment and to configure all of the mounting points.

Rob will then determine the best way to mount these before selling them so there can be some very clear cut instructions to go along with them.

More pictures shortly!
PFF
System Bot
kriswinner

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least it's progress.

We appreciate what you're trying to do for the Fiero community!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

The drivers side panel is finished and ready for molding.

Rob started making the passenger side panel yesterday and He is already about 30% done with it.
He should be almost finished with the passenger side by tomorrow night. He will have molds off of them and be well on my way to completing the arm rests for both panels by weeks end.
If progress continues at this rate, with no problems, the door panel kits will be ready to produce by the end of next week!
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool
hope you dont hit any snags and all progresses smoothly
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: These are the COURTESY lights I will be using in my Quicksilver panels:

FYI: I purchased 05 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT LEFT RIGHT REAR DOOR COURTESY LIGHT LAMP SET

From: 01 02 03 04 05 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT LEFT RIGHT REAR DOOR COURTESY LIGHT LAMP SET
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
these are going to be on the door skins?
they look great
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

UPDATE:

The drivers side panel is finished and ready for molding.

Rob started making the passenger side panel yesterday and He is already about 30% done with it.
He should be almost finished with the passenger side by tomorrow night. He will have molds off of them and be well on my way to completing the arm rests for both panels by weeks end.
If progress continues at this rate, with no problems, the door panel kits will be ready to produce by the end of next week!

The lower edge of the upper panel looks to be quite wavy. How will this affect the final appearance? Shouldn't this be a crisp, strait edge?

Nolan
BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Opie, how is the finished product going to be different from the "plug"? I have to agree with Nolan, that looks a little rough. Fit and finish will be the main concern.

Peace!!
B2
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK...I wasn't going to comment until the artist had a chance to respond...but this is my none fiberglass experienced thought.

There is another piece that goes over that piece (already seen it)...that is how the padded portion of that area will be able to be upholstered correctly.

But lets give Rob some time to get home from his other job and have a chance to share more. Some how I don't think the same guy that restored that MERA to that quality would produce a poor quality product...lets all watch and see

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-11-2013).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problemo, just curious.

Thanks
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay