Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: Now available at Fiero Fiberglass...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: Now available at Fiero Fiberglass... by JimmyS
Started on: 04-08-2013 07:57 PM
Replies: 16 (1417 views)
Last post by: Gokart on 06-19-2014 06:21 AM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For all the Sunroof owners out there... Fiero Fiberglass is proud to announce that we now have reproduction Sunroof Hold Down Seals in stock and ready to ship. They can be found in the Weather Seals Tab.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 04-08-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sir are my hero for today! Ordered a set and the hood latch seal. Mine looks like crap.

Thanks! Can't wait to get them.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed - "Ariana"
2 Corinthians 5: 17

NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hood latch seal and how about the sunroof hold down seal? I'm confused on the sunroof seal. It mounts on the hood itself? I haven't slept much today, so I'm trying to understand what it even does lol.

Thanks for the cool new products!

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mount on the rear underside of the compartment cover (hood?) They hold the sunroof in place when it's removed and stored up front.

Nice pieces!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87_FieroGT:

You sir are my hero for today! Ordered a set and the hood latch seal. Mine looks like crap.

Thanks! Can't wait to get them.

Than you. They shipped out today.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweeetttttttt I gotta get me some!!!
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a good product that you're likely to sell a lot of.

What these are is they mount to the underside of the hood on Fieros that came with a sunroof. When you store the sunroof under the hood, these press against it to "seal" the sunroof. They don't actually "seal" anything per say, but more like they keep it from bouncing around. Most of the time these would just fall off or they have gotten old and no longer flex properly to hold the sunroof in place. If you have a sunroof equipped car and you still have them intact you would probably want to get a new set if you're worried about damaging or scratching your sunroof.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

This is a good product that you're likely to sell a lot of.

What these are is they mount to the underside of the hood on Fieros that came with a sunroof. When you store the sunroof under the hood, these press against it to "seal" the sunroof. They don't actually "seal" anything per say, but more like they keep it from bouncing around. Most of the time these would just fall off or they have gotten old and no longer flex properly to hold the sunroof in place. If you have a sunroof equipped car and you still have them intact you would probably want to get a new set if you're worried about damaging or scratching your sunroof.

Thank you.

I struggled with what to actually name these pieces. Sunroof Hold Down Seals was the best I could come up with. If anyone actually knows the name that GM/Pontiac called them or if you have ideas for a better name for them, please share.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 04-09-2013).]

bigbad1ton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigbad1tonSend a Private Message to bigbad1tonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 84 manual makes no mention of the seals.
87_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Than you. They shipped out today.

Got my Sunroof Hold Down Seals and Hood Latch Seal today and they look great. I can't wait to install them now. Thanks for getting them here so quickly; 2 days from Florida is impressive.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed - "Ariana"
2 Corinthians 5: 17

PFF
System Bot
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ignorance is bliss. I didn't even know I was missing these. I own 2 sunroof equipped parts cars, neither of which had these, or even remnants of these. Guess I'll be ordering some at some point.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job Jimmy! Those look great!

Dr. W.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Nice job Jimmy! Those look great!

Dr. W.

You deserve the credit not me. I just had the notion, you did the work.
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Thank you.

I struggled with what to actually name these pieces. Sunroof Hold Down Seals was the best I could come up with. If anyone actually knows the name that GM/Pontiac called them or if you have ideas for a better name for them, please share.

Sunroof glass bumpers?

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jimmy. Any demand for a set of the pads that go on the tray that the sunroof lays in?

Mice chewed the crap out of mine during the winter while my car was in storage. They were so bad I just peeled off what was left. I was going to try and find something to make up my own like an old mouse pad (no pun intended!) but would rather buy from you if you decided to start making them.
Marc

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock