Started on: 03-04-2013 04:30 PM
Replies: 14 (2516 views)
Last post by: qwikgta on 05-08-2015 05:36 PM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was for sale a while back, but then I pulled it. I have not done much with it over the last year, so I am going to see if I can pass it along to someone else who can show it some love.
here is my build thread for the most current pictures and progress: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

1988 Fiero GT. 82K miles original miles. Car was originally a 5 speed car. I have started to convert it to an automatic (read more below) Car has all of the standard GT options including; Sunroof, Rear Spoiler, Am/Fm with factory Subwoofer. PW, PDL, PM, Tilt, A/C, Cruise Control and P deck lid release. Car is 99.99% rust free (only had a small rust hole about the size of a nickel behind the carpet on pass trunk side (this has been ground and POR-15). Frame rails are solid. I removed the inner fender liners and checked the frame rails, they are spotless. Car has not been hit, its solid.

The car is painted Black and was originally equipped with Beachwood interior, but the previous owner swapped it out for 87 GT Gray. The interior is 7 of 10 and only has a small amount of "curling" around the GT aux gauges. Carpets are about standard for a 25 year old car. Driver’s seat is ripped in the bolster area. (I do have a perfect passenger seat I was going to unskin for this side) Needs headliner. I was going to convert this to a hard top, so if you want the hardtop w/ new headliner I have that too. (hard top will need some bonding because its broken at the window frame)

The car was missing it's factory crosslace rims and now has a set of 16x7 Beretta GTZ rims w/ 205 and 225 Kuhmo tires. Rear spoiler needs to be painted (its off a 86 GT). Fiberglass has some delimitation around the Sunroof. The VIN is visible on most of the panels, so I am 99% sure its never taken a serious hit. Rear decklid was swapped out and is from a 86-87 GT. Car has not been driven in a few years. I’d recommend changing out the brake fluid and installing new pads. Bottom of the trunk has a dent in it, could have been from a floor jack, but I was going to cut the trunk for the exhaust so I have not fixed it. Needs new GT tail lights (I have a set that are almost perfect). I have two new GT ¼ windows but one is smoke, the other clear. I was going to have them vinyl wrapped with semi-gloss black so it didn't matter that they didn't match.

Since I have owned the car I have removed the non-working 2.8L V6 and started a 3800 swap. I have a 2004 Series III, 3.8L non-Supercharged motor on the original 88 cradle. Motor has the original 4T65E trans connected and I have started converting the car from a manual to automatic. I am running the car as a Series II engine using a 2003 ECM from a Grand Prix. The 2003 ECM will allow me to run the 2004 4T65E trans. Ryan (Sinister Performance) is going to do the ECM tune and I am using his ECM pinouts for the harness.

The following manual to automatic changes have been made: clutch pedal has been removed, 5 speed shifter and cable have been removed, automatic shifter and cable have been installed. Nothing that can’t be swapped back if you want to make this a manual car again. I have the clutch pedal and it's a simple job to put it back on. The clutch line has not been cut, and the wire harness under the dash has not been cut yet. Master cylinder and clutch line are still in the car, slave is still plumbed to the rear, not removed.

Engine: Approx 62K motor w/4T65E trans. Alternator has been relocated down low. Water pump/Intake manifold have been capped. Fiero V6 thermostat housing has been modified to act as heater core supply ($75). New lower intake manifold ($360 – Rock Auto) has been installed, with all new intake, valve cover, fuel injector, thermostat, MAP gaskets installed ($100). New oil pan w/ gasket ($85) and new Trans pan w/ gasket ($65). S3 Fuel rail turned 180 degrees, new paint on upper intake and valve covers. New water pump w/ gasket, new temp sensor, oil pressure sensor ($100). New accessory pulley system for relocated alternator and power steering delete. All new WCF poly motor mounts ($400). Stock exhaust system was ceramic coated inside and out for heat protection ($200). I have hooked up Digital Cruise Control using one off a 1997 Grand Prix with the correct AR number. Its wired into the stock harness. EGR and Canister Purge delete but can be re-installed if needed. I made the wire harness (see pics) with new wire routing for minimal appearance. Stock ECM just needs to sent to Ryan for re-flash.

New poly bushings for trailing links and new hiem joint adjustable links included ($200). 88 auto axle installed on drivers side, pass side axle custom made from cadi and 88 fiero parts. Both installed. I have a 3800 fuel pump to put into the tank and have all new fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel supply/return lines ($200), tank strap bolts, and new rubber fuel filler neck to tank hoses so when the tank is dropped, it will be all new. All new Fiero Store emergency brake cables, axle seals ($100) and all the parts I removed while doing the install.

What it will take to finish: Exhaust system (from exhaust mani to tips), fuel tank dropped for new fuel pump/lines (included), trans coolant lines or just run an aux trans cooler (included). ECM needs to be re-calibrated and everything put back together. I don’t want to give you a $$ amount because some of can do this with what we have in our garages, and some will need to have it professionally finished.

This car has a clean, clear title in my name. Obviously the car does not run and will need to be towed. I have receipts for everything I have done to this car, and I can show that I have over $5000 into it. I will sell it all for $2500 (FIRM). Only selling this because I already have a long-term project and I have no idea when I will get to this one. PM with any questions.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
88 GT, SIII 3800NA/Auto swap underway
LS Build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083204.html
LS on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0
3800 build thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 03-11-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man... Priorities suck.

Good luck with the sale.
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty darn nice score for whoever buys it. Great work in your build thread!

Charlie
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested and will PM you when I get off work!
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NoMoreRicers

2192 posts
Member since Mar 2009
I attempted to PM you, but I'm not sure if it went through.

[This message has been edited by NoMoreRicers (edited 03-05-2013).]

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

I attempted to PM you, but I'm not sure if it went through.

Got it, and I sent one back to you.

Rob
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good project car for someone who is into the L67/L32 swaps. Sorry to see you selling it but I know the feeling of having too many projects and not enough time to finish them.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Good project car for someone who is into the L67/L32 swaps. Sorry to see you selling it but I know the feeling of having too many projects and not enough time to finish them.

Plenty of time, just not enough $$$$$$$$$ to spread around.

Rob
SSN669chris

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SSN669chrisSend a Private Message to SSN669chrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great deal.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 09-01-2014).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

** Suspending the sale for now. After putting the engine in this weeked, my heart is not into selling her any longer. I'll have to figure out how to pay for the trans swap another way **

Rob

Build another Harness or swap parts and the $$$ will follow.
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
back up for sale. Updated original post with newest information.

additional pics at this link: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

$2500 bucks takes it all.

Rob
Nebiros88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, wish I was closer...

Good luck with the sale
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i've had some interest, but I still want to bump this to the top. Interest does not always equal a sale.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!, Thanks for the interest.

Rob

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock