Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: Custom supercharged 3800 fuel rail sale thread (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: Custom supercharged 3800 fuel rail sale thread by Fierofreak00
Started on: 02-24-2013 06:59 PM
Replies: 169 (12349 views)
Last post by: Don Ferrette on 08-19-2022 08:42 PM
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a continuation of my interest thread:

First, I need to give a little history. A few years ago when researching my 3800 project I came across a thread explaning how to build fuel rails on the cheap using the stock rail set up. At that time, I had no experience in building anything like that, or how the fuel system of the 3800 actually worked to take on such an endeavor. After multiple unanswered PMs to the original threads author requesting more info or if he would build me a set. I decided that I was going to try it for myself. So, I set out to procure all of the tools and parts he used. After multiple failures and retries, I was finally able to make my first set. They were crude, and ugly but worked. Although I was never really happy with them. So when the opportunity to build another 3800 came up, I decided to revisit the fuel rail issue and came up with a different way of making them. What I came up with, although similar, was way better looking much cleaner than the originals and gives a nicer look to the engine compartment with a much better view of the supercharger. I mean, we really want the center piece of the engine to be the supercharger right?
At this time these will only work with a low mount alternator if the need is there, I will invest the time in making the jigs for the high mount.
So we turn this:

Into this:

Which turns into this:

The redesign involved relocating the front mounting bracket to be able to facilitate using my rails with a intercooler. And that's using either the short stack or the full stack. So now, instead of using the injector spacers, rail spacers or buying an aftermarket set (which are quite a bit more than mine) you can use mine with no issues. And this helps with serviceability, in that, you don't have to remove the fuel rail to service the supercharger.

Notice the bracket covers the supercharger:

This is with the injector spacers and the delrin spacer on the rail brackets:

And now you end up with this, much cleaner and nicer looking (notice the short stack intercooler with no spacers)

My rails use the Pontiac Transport braided stainless fuel lines, that you can get from another member here or can get at the junkyard yourself. They are the newer Push lock style fittings and I made the inlet and outlet exit at the valve cover which is directly over the top of where the Fiero lines are and allows easy access to them. This gives the rails a cleaner look as well as being safer than bending the original rails or running rubber hoses over the supercharger. Which ruins the look of the engine compartment and is possibly a fire hazard (do we really need another reason for our car to catch fire?)
You can buy them here or get a set from the junkyard and put them together yourself using instructions located in a couple of threads here on the forum
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/062079.html

The GTP tensioner/coil mount/ dogbone mount will need to be modified by removing the dogbone mount to allow the rails to be used.

This part:

The FP regulator has been relocate which will require a slight modification to the boost bypass valve solenoid and relocation of the vacuum lines. I have also included a bracket to mount the map sensor making everything that much easier. I sandblast and clean every thing follwed by pressure testing to ensure no leaks. I no longer paint them due to multiple requests, they will come bare to paint as you wish.

Price is as follows and includes shipping to you (you ship me your core at your expense).

Complete set without core is $250

Complete set with core is $225

I'm sorry to my Canadian brothers but, shipping to Canada will add $10 more to the price and will be shipped via the US Postal Service as a gift. This is so that you won't have to pay the brokerage fees for UPS at the border. I will not ship Priority mail though, as I found that it costs way too much to send it that way. I will send you a picture of the receipt and customs form to verify shipment.

Everything is shipped via UPS with a tracking number. I will not expect payment from you until your rails are ready to ship. The reason for this is that I do not live on the forum anymore, so I'm not here everyday. Workload at my place of employment dictates when I can and can't build rails. So by me not taking payment, there is some leeway built into delivery time (unless, we agree ahead of time) and it saves aggravation for both parties. When I receive payment, I will then forward my phone number so that you can contact me at any time if you have any issue/questions. Any questions thoughts or concerns let me know and I will answer as fast as I can. -Jason

Disclaimer and terms of sale: I am not a manufacturer, each fuel rail is hand made as a "FITS MOST" application. In saying that, some modification may be required on your build to suit your needs. I do my best to make each and every fuel rail exactly the same but, sometimes tolerances may be slightly off. I always check and verify the fit on a spare engine and will leave notes with the rails of something that may need to be addressed. Ultimately, it is up to you, THE BUILDER, to make sure these fit YOUR application and are appropriate for YOUR build. And in that, by purchasing these from me, you absolve me, my family and or any other person associated with me, liable for any issues past, present, or future with YOUR build. And buy purchasing the rails from me, you have agreed to the above said terms. End of terms.

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 03-11-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Larry and Jim, both yours shipped out today. Larry, yours is gonna take a little more time to get there. $40 for priority shipping was just too much. -Jason

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 02-25-2013).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look great !

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

They look great !

Why, thank you sir! Now, when are you going to order yours ? -Jason

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Why, thank you sir! Now, when are you going to order yours ? -Jason

I currently have a returnless system and some expensive azz ZZP fuel logs but I have been sending everyone and their mama to you.

I still may get some in the future.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I currently have a returnless system and some expensive azz ZZP fuel logs but I have been sending everyone and their mama to you.

I still may get some in the future.

You da man, and thanks for the support, I truely appreciate it. -Jason

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierofreak00

4221 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Back to page 1 ^
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to page 1 ^^
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen these in person, they look outstanding. Much better then factory rails in many aspects. Great price too.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I have seen these in person, they look outstanding. Much better then factory rails in many aspects. Great price too.

Thanks Matt, appreciate the compliment. I'm hoping for reviews from some of the guys who have purchased previous to this sale thread. They have come along way since I made my first set. -Jason
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied to, I look forward to getting these out to you. -Jason
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BlackThunderGT your set shipped this morning. check your PM's for the tracking number.

I have one set in stock at the moment. But, three cores to make more. -Jason
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPS MAN just dropped off my set

They are SWEET!

Can't wait to get it installed!
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

UPS MAN just dropped off my set

They are SWEET!

Can't wait to get it installed!

I'm glad you like them, post some pics here when you get them installed. -Jason

katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I prefer these to the ZZP logs as well.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most Definitely!
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ttt
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason,

Got my fuel rails today… they are awesome!!!

Positive feedback left!
race9887

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for race9887Send a Private Message to race9887Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fuel rail arrived today, great work well worth the money, will post pictures when the weather here gets better and we can install it.

Thanks
Kyle

------------------
Our projects

Fieros: 85 Coupe, parts car 86 SE(everything except automatic), 86 SE 3800 Series 2 conversion car.

Build Thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121858.html

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by race9887:

Fuel rail arrived today, great work well worth the money, will post pictures when the weather here gets better and we can install it.

Thanks
Kyle

Wonderful! I'm glad your happy with them! I'm looking forward to seeing how they look in your color of powdercoat. -Jason

PS: I included the injectors with yours as I didn't know if you had any. I don't normally send them with the rails so I can't garantee them. Although, they did come from a running car, so I can't see why they won't. But, just in case, be sure to clean the inlet and pintle with some good throttle body cleaner. Just avoid prolong contact of the cleaner on the o-rings as they tend swell and you'll have a heck of a time installing then.

PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back up....
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably a dumb question but any issues with running the lucas 42.5lbs and these rails Jason?
duckwalk39

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for duckwalk39Send a Private Message to duckwalk39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still being made?
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two questions...
1. Will they fit with the coil pack in the stock location?
2. What mod needs done to the boost bypass?

-Brian
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know why this thread never showed up (in my email) when it's bumped! I would have gotten back to you all sooner if I had known It's bad enough someone else brought this to my attention. I'm truly very sorry for the delay in response's.

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

Probably a dumb question but any issues with running the lucas 42.5lbs and these rails Jason?

Shouldn't be an issue, the rail cores are the stock GTP ones so what ever is run in those, will run in mine.

Originally posted by duckwalk39:

Are these still being made?

Yes, just have been real busy getting ready for the 30th, that I let this thread slip into oblivion

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Two questions...
1. Will they fit with the coil pack in the stock location?
2. What mod needs done to the boost bypass?

-Brian

Brian, yes they will as long as you cut the bracket that the GTP's dog bone mounts too, there should be no clearance issues. I have a couple of pictures that I took for you previously but can't find them (on my puter somewhere!)

The boost bypass only needs to have the small bracket bent, so that it clears the relocated pressure regulator. I also have a pic of that for you too!

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 06-25-2013).]

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierofreak00

4221 posts
Member since Jun 2001
I will be bringing a version 2 blem set to the 30th. If anybody is interested in a show special of $180 (no core). Stephen, I will be hand delivering your set, but they will be un painted. I just got too side tracked getting ready to go to get any other premade sets done. -Jason
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will be bringing a version 2 blem set to the 30th. If anybody is interested in a show special of $180 (no core). Stephen, I will be hand delivering your set, but they will be un painted. I just got too side tracked getting ready to go to get any other premade sets done. -Jason

Man that ia gonna be a hell of a drive all the way to TX to hand deliver them. I am not making the 30th but I can arrange for you to paas them off to a club memeber if that is alright with u. If so shoot me a PM.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Man that ia gonna be a hell of a drive all the way to TX to hand deliver them. I am not making the 30th but I can arrange for you to paas them off to a club memeber if that is alright with u. If so shoot me a PM.

Really? I was looking forward to seeing you (not in a gay way either). I agree though, driving all the way to Texas sure would be an expensive proposition compared to just shipping them. I can pass them off no problem.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two more sets of rails on their way to happy ( I hope!) customers and one more ordered. Thanks MstangsBware, Curtisk1060, and Alan Newby.
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason, Ruckus is coming up...

I will buy your shirt this year... just 'cuz you NY boys are all right.... if you will pay for shipping up to NY when I get it... PM me your size.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Jason, Ruckus is coming up...

I will buy your shirt this year... just 'cuz you NY boys are all right.... if you will pay for shipping up to NY when I get it... PM me your size.

Thanks Blake! You Texas boys are something else... You might say we're all like an extended family, I just wish the family reunions weren't every 5 years. Pm sent, lemme know how much. -Jason
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Blake! You Texas boys are something else... You might say we're all like an extended family, I just wish the family reunions weren't every 5 years. Pm sent, lemme know how much. -Jason

I totally agree !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my set of rails the other day and am very happy with them. Will post pictures of them once I mount them on a swap I will be working on...Thanks Jason

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope you're keeping a set or two in stock - someone from the Fiero group on Facebook was inquiring about these so I referred them to this thread. Maybe I'll actually have a reason to pick one up eventually, too.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I hope you're keeping a set or two in stock - someone from the Fiero group on Facebook was inquiring about these so I referred them to this thread. Maybe I'll actually have a reason to pick one up eventually, too.

I have nothing built at the moment, but do have some ready to be put together. I'm not planning on going anywhere yet, so I should be around when you need me. Thanks for sending business my way (although, I haven't heard anything yet). -Jason

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

What's his name? I just got an email from somebody inquiring about a set and I'm very wary of scammers...-Jason
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason, Sorry I took so long to rave about your custom fuel rails. I have them installed and they work so easily for hooking up the vacuum lines and cleaning up the engine around the supercharger. I will post pictures later to show my installation. I still haven't decided on a color but it will be easy to paint them anything I want as they come clean and sandblasted if you don't want them painted from Jason. I kept my BBV and my fuel purge solenoid so the new vacuum port location and MAP sensor mount on your rails for the fuel regulator worked out perfectly. Thanks again for a great product. Curtisk1060
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock