Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: Custom supercharged 3800 fuel rail sale thread (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: Custom supercharged 3800 fuel rail sale thread by Fierofreak00
Started on: 02-24-2013 06:59 PM
Replies: 169 (12351 views)
Last post by: Don Ferrette on 08-19-2022 08:42 PM
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got you covered Charles! Email sent and I'll text you later. -Jason

All others have been sent PM's in regards to getting in on the next batch. -Jason

Originally posted by Spoon:

--

I'm not out, just bored....

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 01-27-2016).]

IP: Logged
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jason. I got your email also.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

classic_cars

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for classic_carsSend a Private Message to classic_carsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just ordered a set.

Thanks!
hypo327

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Update to all interested parties the fuel rails are completed, PM's have been sent with instructions. -Jason

I will probably want a set as soon as I get to that point with my swap, but I have only one concern... Do you have a method of testing each unit under two or three times the pressure that will be imposed on them, to make sure there are no leaks at the welds...?!
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hypo327:

Do you have a method of testing each unit under two or three times the pressure that will be imposed on them, to make sure there are no leaks at the welds...?!

I have a mock up engine that I verify the fitment of the rails plus a pressure testing rig that verifies that they will hold above the normal factory rated fuel pressure. I test all my rails at 90psi for 30 minutes, 90psi is above what the factory manual calls for under normal operating specs. All of this is installed as it would be in the car (injectors, regulator, fuel lines), any issues that may be found are immediately repaired and retested. Although, testing at 3-4 times the recommended spec would be great, I'm a little guy doing this as a hobby and building a test rig to do that would be cost prohibitive. Also, I do not weld them, I braze them with a high quality silicon bronze braze. The silicone bronze in my opinion, offers a better bond and is slightly more flexible than a weld. I have had no issues with the braze not holding and I have two sets that have been on cars for over 4 years with no issues (those are gen 1.5 designs) I don't think you'll have any problems what so ever.

Out of the 100 or so I have made, I have only had 2 that have had any issues after I have sent them out (One was a very small leak, and the second was an injector bell that was bent in shipping). If, there is a problem on your end, I will take care of it, so long as it is within a timely manner.

Thanks for your interest -Jason

classic_cars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for classic_carsSend a Private Message to classic_carsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to receiving my set. Let me know when they are ready.

Thanks,

Lamar
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have subscribed and bookmarked this thread. This is something I will definitely be getting in a couple months when I am ready for it. Looks like a great product, and certainly will clean up the engine compartment!
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on a batch of 5 more for stock. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM or contact me via FB. -Jason
hypo327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

I have a mock up engine that I verify the fitment of the rails plus a pressure testing rig that verifies that they will hold above the normal factory rated fuel pressure. I test all my rails at 90psi for 30 minutes, 90psi is above what the factory manual calls for under normal operating specs. All of this is installed as it would be in the car (injectors, regulator, fuel lines), any issues that may be found are immediately repaired and retested. Although, testing at 3-4 times the recommended spec would be great, I'm a little guy doing this as a hobby and building a test rig to do that would be cost prohibitive. Also, I do not weld them, I braze them with a high quality silicon bronze braze. The silicone bronze in my opinion, offers a better bond and is slightly more flexible than a weld. I have had no issues with the braze not holding and I have two sets that have been on cars for over 4 years with no issues (those are gen 1.5 designs) I don't think you'll have any problems what so ever.

Out of the 100 or so I have made, I have only had 2 that have had any issues after I have sent them out (One was a very small leak, and the second was an injector bell that was bent in shipping). If, there is a problem on your end, I will take care of it, so long as it is within a timely manner.

Thanks for your interest -Jason

Thanks for your quick and informative responce. I have many other parts to buy for my swap first, but I will pm you just as soon as I afford it. Looks like a fine product with lots of happy customers...! Michael
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hypo327:

Thanks for your quick and informative responce. I have many other parts to buy for my swap first, but I will pm you just as soon as I afford it. Looks like a fine product with lots of happy customers...! Michael

Thanks Michael, I appreciate your comments and look forward to sending you a set! -Jason

LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be dropping my stock fuel rail in the mail today for ya. I have it all boxed up so hopefully I'll get it in the mail on my lunch break.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LostNotForgotton:

I'll be dropping my stock fuel rail in the mail today for ya. I have it all boxed up so hopefully I'll get it in the mail on my lunch break.

Cool, I'll let you know when they get here..

j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for a set?

Thanks

------------------
~John

'88 GT 5spd White/Beechwood (modded)
'00 Corvette vert. 6spd Yellow/Black (lightly modded)
'05 Colorado Xtreme Black/Graphite
'13 CanAm Spyder ST-S SE5 Pearl Yellow (modded)

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by j bf1:

How much for a set?

Thanks

Originally posted by Fierofreak00 in the first post of this thread:

Price is as follows and includes shipping to you (you ship me your core at your expense).

Complete set without core is $250

Complete set with core is $225

I'm sorry to my Canadian brothers but, shipping to Canada will add $10 more to the price and will be shipped via the US Postal Service as a gift. This is so that you won't have to pay the brokerage fees for UPS at the border. I will not ship Priority mail though, as I found that it costs way too much to send it that way. I will send you a picture of the receipt and customs form to verify shipment.

Everything is shipped via UPS with a tracking number. I will not expect payment from you until your rails are ready to ship. The reason for this is that I do not live on the forum anymore, so I'm not here everyday. Workload at my place of employment dictates when I can and can't build rails. So by me not taking payment, there is some leeway built into delivery time (unless, we agree ahead of time) and it saves aggravation for both parties. When I receive payment, I will then forward my phone number so that you can contact me at any time if you have any issue/questions. Any questions thoughts or concerns let me know and I will answer as fast as I can. -Jason

Disclaimer and terms of sale: I am not a manufacturer, each fuel rail is hand made as a "FITS MOST" application. In saying that, some modification may be required on your build to suit your needs. I do my best to make each and every fuel rail exactly the same but, sometimes tolerances may be slightly off. I always check and verify the fit on a spare engine and will leave notes with the rails of something that may need to be addressed. Ultimately, it is up to you, THE BUILDER, to make sure these fit YOUR application and are appropriate for YOUR build. And in that, by purchasing these from me, you absolve me, my family and or any other person associated with me, liable for any issues past, present, or future with YOUR build. And buy purchasing the rails from me, you have agreed to the above said terms. End of terms.

FIER086

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jason! Lines look great! I have yet to install them but I am looking forward to it. A+ seller. I will post pics of them installed as soon as I get to that point.

Humungus1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Humungus1138Send a Private Message to Humungus1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to close the loop on this and say that I received my rails! I haven't mounted them yet but they look great. I will put up a pic once I have them painted and installed. Great transaction!
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2016 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my fuel rails painted and installed. Still have a bit of detail to do with them.
Anyone know why I chose red?

Thanks Jason. Nice work.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 03-17-2016).]

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2016 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Impressive! They look good guys, thanks for the complements!
FIER086

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2016 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed mine last night. Fitment was perfect and quality is awesome! Thanks Jason.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am new to the whole swap process, and learning as I go, so forgive me if this is a stupid question

I did at least do a search in this thread, and found no mention at all of a Schrader valve on the replacement fuel rail you make. I can not make one out in any of the photo's in this thread, as far as I can tell either. Is there one on the lines somewhere? I want the ability to hook up a fuel pressure gauge to get readings off the rail.

Here is where I am at in my swap at this point, and I have taken too much care to make everything look nice to have the stock rails running over the top of the super charger cluttering everything up!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009

Originally posted by Spoon:
Anyone know why I chose red?

So people get your spark plug wires and fuel lines mixed up?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-08-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

So people get your spark plug wires and fuel lines mixed up?

I was thinking to hide them...
PRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRFieroSend a Private Message to PRFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
please let me know if these are still available by contacting me on prfiero@bellsouth.net
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would also like to order a set. They look awesome. Please email Bpaulson75fb@gmail.com
paulsobj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulsobjSend a Private Message to paulsobjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did at least do a search in this thread, and found no mention at all of a Schrader valve on the replacement fuel rail you make. I can not make one out in any of the photo's in this thread, as far as I can tell either. Is there one on the lines somewhere? I want the ability to hook up a fuel pressure gauge to get readings off the rail.

I think that is what this is.
moodATM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2016 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moodATMSend a Private Message to moodATMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2016 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you still making these? I sent you a PM a few weeks ago.......
migs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for migsSend a Private Message to migsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are these still available?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure what going on, Fierofreak00 has not posted in here 10 months. I wanted a set, but have completed the swap. being a Series III, it has stainless steel lines, and it looks pretty good the way it is.

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2016 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not sure what going on, Fierofreak00 has not posted in here 10 months. I wanted a set, but have completed the swap. being a Series III, it has stainless steel lines, and it looks pretty good the way it is.

He is on the 3800SC swap facebook page. Also, flip your fuel rail and Brake Booster Vac lines piece on top of SC. Move the ICM to the firewall and try to minimize routing things over the SC and by the belts.
I will clean up the swap and give peace of mind.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2017 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is still making these fuel rails!!

I was up to his place this weekend and he has 5 sets in the works.
I even got to watch some of the build process, very innovative and a great thing to see.

Still very much active building things and all things Fieros, but he is just not around on the forum very much.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2017 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

He is still making these fuel rails!!

I was up to his place this weekend and he has 5 sets in the works.
I even got to watch some of the build process, very innovative and a great thing to see.

Still very much active building things and all things Fieros, but he is just not around on the forum very much.

Thanks for the update I desperately need a set.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

he is just not around on the forum very much.

That's an understatement He has not posted in this thread in a year, and I have an unanswered question that I sent him 3 months ago. I just went with another option.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's an understatement He has not posted in this thread in a year, and I have an unanswered question that I sent him 3 months ago. I just went with another option.

Unfortunately PFF is a thing of the past and FB is where most go for information and such these days.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Unfortunately PFF is a thing of the past and FB is where most go for information and such these days.

If it wasn't so damn hard (next to impossible) to post a photo from a mobile device on here, I am sure PFF could still be quite viable. It's pretty damn hard to search FB for something, and I can't imagine trying to keep a build log there!

DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have a question I can ask him for you.

But he is on the 3800SC/Fiero Facebook page, and I think he is also on the Pennocks Facebook page.
Tom Slick, he has 5 sets in production, how close are you to ready to buy? I will pass it along
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question. Will there ever be version for those of us who left the alternator in the stock location?
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2017 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Domtech:

I have a question. Will there ever be version for those of us who left the alternator in the stock location?

He has been brainstorming an idea/design for these for a while, nothing satisfactory yet however
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2017 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have a question I can ask him for you.

But he is on the 3800SC/Fiero Facebook page, and I think he is also on the Pennocks Facebook page.
Tom Slick, he has 5 sets in production, how close are you to ready to buy? I will pass it along

NOW!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock