Custom Fiero Body Kit for Sale by dominic355
Started on: 02-01-2013 03:13 PM
Replies: 40 (3459 views)
Last post by: TurboTec on 02-17-2015 12:25 AM
dominic355

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's official. I own the Prototype car series 001. The complete set of molds and one complete body kit. If interested, please send me a PM. I'm selling the complete body kit. Still dusty, they have been in storage for about 10 years. Fiberglass is very good quality. If there is enough interest may offer more kits. I think it will look extremly nice with a modified front end. Either TxOpies or a Amida 512. Let me know you opinions. Thanks

[This message has been edited by dominic355 (edited 02-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks extremely nice, I think if you cut the long sails back to normal notch back length/style , and retro fit stock lights or Gt lights it would look amazing.
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

Looks extremely nice, I think if you cut the long sails back to normal notch back length/style , and retro fit stock lights or Gt lights it would look amazing.

Thanks to 85SEnotchie, here's your wish. At least with the notchie. Also, the long sail panel is a seperate piece. So just don't use and the kit will work on any body style.

F

[This message has been edited by dominic355 (edited 02-02-2013).]

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What tail lights are used? What is your asking price? I may be able to work something out with you.

Thanks,
Greg
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

What tail lights are used? What is your asking price? I may be able to work something out with you.

Thanks,
Greg

It uses 90's Oldsmobile Toronado tail lights. I think $2,500 is a fair price.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations !

Not my taste, but i am sure with some tweeking it could be made to look better,
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dominic355:

It's official. I own the Prototype car series 001. The complete set of molds and one complete body kit. If interested, please send me a PM. I'm selling the complete body kit. Still dusty, they have been in storage for about 10 years. Fiberglass is very good quality. If there is enough interest may offer more kits. I think it will look extremly nice with a modified front end. Either TxOpies or a Amida 512. Let me know you opinions. Thanks

I like the nose piece!! I would buy that in a heart beat!

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Purple86GT (edited 02-03-2013).]

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the nose piece!! I would buy that in a heart beat!

Cheers!

That may be an option...

[This message has been edited by dominic355 (edited 02-03-2013).]

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dominic355

268 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Testing Ebay water....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261...id=p3984.m1555.l2649

[This message has been edited by dominic355 (edited 02-19-2013).]

MikeMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeMacSend a Private Message to MikeMacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've not heard of this particular body. Can you provide some more info on the history and who made it originally?
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MikeMac:

I've not heard of this particular body. Can you provide some more info on the history and who made it originally?

It was made in the mid-90's. It was never marketed on a major scale. I was able to verify that there were only two kits made. One is on the prototype and the other is the kit I'm selling. Based upon interest, I may build some more kits.

[This message has been edited by dominic355 (edited 02-03-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any interest in selling the Proto?

Greg

------------------

MikeMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeMacSend a Private Message to MikeMacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dominic355:

It was made in the mid-90's. It was never marketed on a major scale. I was able to verify that there were only two kits made. One is on the prototype and the other is the kit I'm selling. Based upon interest, I may build some more kits.

I really like the look! I would be interested in a kit, just don't have the funds on hand right at this moment to buy the body your are selling.
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Any interest in selling the Proto?

Greg

Not yet anyway, haven't had me fun yet....
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Re-posted on Ebay!!!! But PM me if interested...

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have listed it in replica makes instead of body kits.. Might get more from that section.. I like the kit but what experience have you had with laying up a body? and will it be hand layed or chopper gun?

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar ( soon for sale)
86GT 3800 n/a

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

I would have listed it in replica makes instead of body kits.. Might get more from that section.. I like the kit but what experience have you had with laying up a body? and will it be hand layed or chopper gun?

Thanks for that suggestion. I may do that when I re-list. The body will be hand laid. I have a professional shop that would produce the parts. They have years of experience and understand the quality of work needed.

Thanks, dominic355.

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always wondered what happaned to this kit
They use to advertise it the onld Kit Car mags
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

I always wondered what happaned to this kit
They use to advertise it the onld Kit Car mags

I don't remember seeing it. Do you know what it was called?
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will pull out my old boxes of the magazines and am see if I can find the ad
IRM had something similar on their rear sail panels
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The kit looks interesting but a few questions, first I do not see the middle panel for the back? How does it attach to the frame work of the car?

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC
NYFOC Member

PFF
System Bot
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

The kit looks interesting but a few questions, first I do not see the middle panel for the back? How does it attach to the frame work of the car?

The rear has a rear valance, then the light bar, the top section is the rear deck. I am researching to see if there are any instruction. However it looks pretty straight forward. I think all panels attach to stock locations including fenders and door skins.
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dominic355

268 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Quad GT:

I will pull out my old boxes of the magazines and am see if I can find the ad
IRM had something similar on their rear sail panels

Let me know what you find. I was told that it wasn't heavily marketed.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cross your fingers I may even have a sale brochure
Back then I was trying to decide on a body kit
Was in contact with Jim from IRM, after a while I finally settled on a Quad 4 kit that IRM just finished
Body was next but I went to the Army in the Balkans for a few years and after I came back lost the Fiero interest.
I'm much better these days as I have the original Quad 4 HO Fiero and 2 more GT's
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not understanding your answer that you think. If you put together the red car that is pictured in this thread then I would imagine that you would know what it takes to install the panels on the space frame. I dont see any connecting parts on the bottom of the panels especially the rockers and the bottoms of the fenders the same. Yes the kit is very interesting but if you have to fabricate alot of parts to install it then that changes alot. I have seen alot of body kits that the buyer has to fab up mounts. I just figured if you put one together you could give everyone the inside scoop.

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC
NYFOC Member

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

I am not understanding your answer that you think. If you put together the red car that is pictured in this thread then I would imagine that you would know what it takes to install the panels on the space frame. I dont see any connecting parts on the bottom of the panels especially the rockers and the bottoms of the fenders the same. Yes the kit is very interesting but if you have to fabricate alot of parts to install it then that changes alot. I have seen alot of body kits that the buyer has to fab up mounts. I just figured if you put one together you could give everyone the inside scoop.

Sorry if you were confused. I never said I built the prototype car. It was already built when I acquired it along with the molds and extra body kit. Thus in regards to assembly, I can only give you my opinion.
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you post up some more pics of the proto? Straight on from the back, side, front, etc. I really like it! With a few "personal" tweaks - it would be very nice. Thanks in advance!

P.S. How much "wider" is it versus a stock Fiero?

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 02-12-2013).]

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out this thread.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/091165-2.html

[This message has been edited by dominic355 (edited 02-12-2013).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! It's starting to grow on me - I'm liking it more and more. Can someone do a photo shop and make it a roadster? It may fit in my "plan"!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 02-13-2013).]

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Thank you! It's starting to grow on me - I'm liking it more and more. Can someone do a photo shop and make it a roadster? It may fit in my "plan"!

Here you go, courtesy of 85SEnochie...

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

PFF
System Bot
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85fierogtmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierogtmasterClick Here to visit 85fierogtmaster's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85fierogtmasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how much would you sell just the molds for?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most unusual design. I have an old IRM catalog and this kit is listed in it for sale. The basic design looks OK but those large solid sail panels IMO make the car look bulky and obstruct the side view from the rear window. If it used the OEM window or a similar type insert , it would look good. The nose is a nice touch but since it is integral with the front fenders it cannot be sold separatly.
I cannot see many people buying a complete kit as it looks too much like a standard Fiero but if you re-designed the panels, nose, rear facia etc to fit on a Fiero to complement the OEM panels I believe that they would sell. You would also have to get those Toronado Tailights replaced with something more common. You can't find those anymore. Just my opinion.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85fierogtmaster:

how much would you sell just the molds for?

Not looking to sell at this point, but PM me an offer. I may be convinced to sell.
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dominic355

268 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Most unusual design. I have an old IRM catalog and this kit is listed in it for sale. The basic design looks OK but those large solid sail panels IMO make the car look bulky and obstruct the side view from the rear window. If it used the OEM window or a similar type insert , it would look good. The nose is a nice touch but since it is integral with the front fenders it cannot be sold separatly.
I cannot see many people buying a complete kit as it looks too much like a standard Fiero but if you re-designed the panels, nose, rear facia etc to fit on a Fiero to complement the OEM panels I believe that they would sell. You would also have to get those Toronado Tailights replaced with something more common. You can't find those anymore. Just my opinion.

What was the kit called? I for one like the look of the car. But understand it might not fit everyone's taste, but then again no car does that's why there are so many different models. As far as interest, I've gotten a lot since posting, but interest is not sales. I have no plans to change the kit, but may modify the front of the prototype a llittle. As you know, most of the fun of a custom kit is modifying it to your taste. The rear lights could be changed, but there are plenty of Toronado light bars on sale on EBay at anytime.

[This message has been edited by dominic355 (edited 02-20-2013).]

bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by and saw this car today. It looks really really good in person! Picked up a dash from Dominic also for my fiero. Great too meet you and awesome car and kit man!
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**Bump** Kit still available...
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***BUMP*** $2,999 o.b.o
dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***BUMP*** $2499
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock