Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Direct Swap Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve Adapter (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Direct Swap Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve Adapter by aaron88
Started on: 01-16-2013 03:51 PM
Replies: 146 (7344 views)
Last post by: Will on 05-05-2018 09:13 PM
NCC1701

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NCC1701Send a Private Message to NCC1701Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Aaron88, I have just joined P'sFF to contact you - I need a proportioning valve for my 1988. Do you have any left?

sincerely, NCC1701
IP: Logged
aaron88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaron88Send a Private Message to aaron88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NCC1701;

Your question is kind of complicated, because I've been so busy lately. I'm currently sold out...sorry. However; it takes me about four hours to make one so I can certainly make you one but at this time I have no idea when I could ship it. If you are not in a hurry I will put you on the list and contact you when I have one ready to ship. If you want an estimated wait time I'd say one to two months. It's sad but that's how backed up I am with projects. There is no need to respond, I will automatically contact you when I have something available. Just make sure you set your messaging preferences to send you an email when you have a personal message sent.

Cheers,

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Aaron

Am I still on the list? We had some PMs a while ago about one. I was just waiting for you to make it.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 12-18-2013).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me on a list for an 84-87 model
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

aaron88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaron88Send a Private Message to aaron88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KOS; you and a few others are on the list.

Danyel; I still need to know the size of the end cap. And I'll put you on the list. Some 87's seem to also have the 19mm end cap.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaron88:

KOS; you and a few others are on the list.

Danyel; I still need to know the size of the end cap. And I'll put you on the list. Some 87's seem to also have the 19mm end cap.

86 GT I guess its 21mm
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
aaron88: Would like to get one for a 85gt late jan-feb. Waiting on funds. Doable?
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aaron, I sent you a PM about this two weeks ago but haven't heard back... there is a problem with the proportioning device I received that makes it leak.

I finally got the proportioning adjuster installed and tried bleeding the brakes. A master cylinder and 4 hours later I've tracked the bleeding problem down to the proportioning adjuster.

Fluid is leaking past the spool stem seal on the face of the bias adjuster body, and air is getting sucked in through the same location. The seal in question is the o-ring that's behind the staked-in aluminum ring at the front end of the body.

The spool stem has a diameter of 0.248" as measured with my Harbor Freight digital calipers.

The ID of the o-ring seems reasonable; it drags on the spool stem when it's installed. I think either the o-ring is not the right size, or the stem of the spool in my combination valve is a different size than you expected. I actually have two different '88 Fiero prop valves and the spool stem is the same, so it's most probably the o-ring OD. The o-ring moves side to side a bit in the bore as if the bore is too large or the o-ring is too small on the OD. The fit in the ID of the o-ring is good..

UPDATE 2014-04-06 - Aaron sent me a new adjuster body shortly after I made this post. I installed it over the weekend and it works properly. The one I had before had too much o-ring clearance on the OD due to a problem with the tool used to make it. The new one works great!

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 04-07-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my new proportioning valve adjuster from Aaron installed and quickly set it up with some test stops around town, then headed out to Buttonwillow Raceway in Central California for two back-to-back days at the track.

Quick background: 1988 Fiero coupe with a 3.4 DOHC, Bilstein and Koni suspension, 700 lb springs up front, 475 in the rear, 12" C4 rotor upgrade from West Coast Fiero using stock '88 Fiero calipers and Porterfield R4 racing pads. 215/45/17 BFG Rivals up front and 275/45/17 BFG Rivals in the rear. The tires are staggered to match the weight distribution. The car weighs 2940 with me in it, with a 43%/57% weight distribution.

HOLY $#!&! Adding some more rear brake bias transformed the car. Three major things happened: 1) The front brakes no longer overheat after a few hot laps, because they aren't working as hard now that the rears do something. 2) Overall braking is SIGNIFICANTLY increased. I had trouble locking up the brakes. It just stopped harder and harder and harder. Braking was very progressive. 3) I can now brake hard enough without locking up that the brake pedal is finally down to the height of the gas pedal.... which means heel-toeing is finally possible. Fanastic!

Now I would say the two biggest, most important changes I've ever made to the car are matching the tires to the weight distribution, and adding this brake proportioning valve adapter. Great product.

Note that I can't make any recommendation for street use since I pretty much only drive this car to and from the track. The adjuster does allow you to go back to stock bias very easily though.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one day I would like one too!!!! Hint hint!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
NCC1701

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCC1701Send a Private Message to NCC1701Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Aaron88, I am impressed with this testimony but i can't hold out any longer. I need to improve my brake proportioning so if you are not in production I will need to settle for an aftermarket replacement for the whole unit.

NCC1701
aaron88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaron88Send a Private Message to aaron88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry people, I have been really busy trying to get my car back on the road. There are so many things that have to be done that I haven't had any time to make more adapters. At this point I still don't have an ETA. The outlook is actually worse than last time I posted since it's taking so much longer to get things done than I had originally anticipated.

However; I will fill every order (that remains) in due time. For those that can't wait I do understand, and I hope that there are no hard feelings.

Kind regards,

Aaron

Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P.M. sent

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aaron,
I'll need two when you are ready to assemble more.
Thanks,
Angelo
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm also interested in a early year adjuster.

------------------
1st class A**hole.

we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me to the list for an early (21mm) unit please
NCC1701

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NCC1701Send a Private Message to NCC1701Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No hard feelings- cheers
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent still no reply ....
regards
Danyel
aaron88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaron88Send a Private Message to aaron88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

PM sent still no reply ....
regards
Danyel

Danyel;

I read your PM and put you on the list at that time. I had nothing to report so I felt that responding to your PM was not necessary as it would have transferred no additional information. I'm sorry if you were offended by that.

I have an event that I'm trying hard to get my car ready for in August but there is still a lot of work to complete. A few years ago I started a rebuild on my car and the work has been lingering since. I rebuilt the top end of my Northstar, re-designed the suspension and braking system. A complete list of modifications are not possible for me to list but I can list some of the more major ones:
New front and rear suspension geometry to gain more camber
New cradle for new suspension attachment points (universal)
Modified front suspension to accept the Corvette C5 front knuckle
Design and built rear knuckle to work with new geometry
Redesigned 5 speed shifter to work with F23 trasmission with stock cables.
Skin the underside of the chassis (ground effect)
Ram air intake that works

I still have to knock of half those items by mid August.

I'll be back at this after that.

If there was more demand I would just have them manufactured by a high volume company but I would need an order of 100 or more. Right now I sell 15 or less per year, so I make them as I go. Sorry again all about the delay.

Regards,

Aaron

Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the list as I will buy one as soon as it is made.
PFF
System Bot
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaron88:

Danyel;

I read your PM and put you on the list at that time. I had nothing to report so I felt that responding to your PM was not necessary as it would have transferred no additional information. I'm sorry if you were offended by that.

I have an event that I'm trying hard to get my car ready for in August but there is still a lot of work to complete. A few years ago I started a rebuild on my car and the work has been lingering since. I rebuilt the top end of my Northstar, re-designed the suspension and braking system. A complete list of modifications are not possible for me to list but I can list some of the more major ones:
New front and rear suspension geometry to gain more camber
New cradle for new suspension attachment points (universal)
Modified front suspension to accept the Corvette C5 front knuckle
Design and built rear knuckle to work with new geometry
Redesigned 5 speed shifter to work with F23 trasmission with stock cables.
Skin the underside of the chassis (ground effect)
Ram air intake that works

I still have to knock of half those items by mid August.

I'll be back at this after that.

If there was more demand I would just have them manufactured by a high volume company but I would need an order of 100 or more. Right now I sell 15 or less per year, so I make them as I go. Sorry again all about the delay.

Regards,

Aaron

got a build thread? I'd love to see more of that!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Are these available yet?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aaron Still waiting .......

regards
Danyel
aaron88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaron88Send a Private Message to aaron88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the wait folks, and thanks for the reminder. I'm setting aside some shop time as we speak...

The backlog is as follows:
Five 19mm
Eight 21mm
Six (unconfirmed size)

So that's 19 on back order, I will get them out as fast as I can now that I have a few spare moments a couple times a week.

[This message has been edited by aaron88 (edited 10-07-2014).]

msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for one for an 88 if you are still taking orders.

thanks..
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aaron,

Please put me on the list for an 88. (19mm verified.)
I can send payment whenever you're ready.

Thanks!
------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-07-2014).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumpity?
Msaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsabySend a Private Message to MsabyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take one for my 84. I verified the size as being 13/16

Thanks
Mike

[This message has been edited by Msaby (edited 10-09-2014).]

knarfluna

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for knarflunaSend a Private Message to knarflunaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can you put me on the list....

21mm

thanks
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Arron
Put me down for one for my 87 fiero
Let me know when you need the money and I'll paypal you right away

Wayne
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm... maybe he got overwhelmed by all the requests.
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like one too. 19mm
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No more?
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking for how do we get more pressure to the rear brakes. I am collecting parts for a Lebaron brake upgrade but the 2.5 from vs 2 1/8 rear piston gives way to much front bias for me. Was hoping there was a way to offset that by increasing rear or decreasing front pressure relative to the other end of the car. Will this valve adjust the bias over the the whole range, only after knee point or only near lockup?

Am really considering one of your valves for my 86SE.
Did I miss how much you are charging now?

Thanks
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2015 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still interested. Any updates? Anyone received theirs?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2015 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been waiting to buy one since December 2013 !!! Aarron88 ??

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I'll go on the 13 month old waiting list as well. 86 GT.

------------------
86 GT 3.8 SC/ 5 speed Getrag swap in progress

05 Mustang GT Supercharged tuned down from
560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo JDM engine swap
Upgrades in the works...turbos, injectors
and computer

Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2015 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me on the list for a 19mm 88.

dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Aaron
I'm cancelling my order for one I had to find another one, as I couldn't wait any longer. PM sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock