Custom Hidden Trailer Hitch by Snapperhead
Started on: 10-01-2012 10:08 AM
Replies: 104 (4860 views)
Last post by: Snapperhead on 03-13-2015 07:51 PM
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get your "Snapper Hitch" Custom built hidden trailer hitch.

Available on my website: SnapperheadPerformance.com.

I've been asked by many if I had planned to sell my custom designed hidden trailer hitch, So you can now own one. I have them on all my Fieros and wouldn't have a fiero without one. For all that haven't seen it my green 85 GT that was at 2012 Fierorama and on my 86 Blue GT at the 30th and 2013 Fierorama (2013 Fierorama Best of Show NonStock) and I pulled a trailer to all the events.

How it works:

With no ball mount in the plate is up in the normal spot and no hitch is seen.
When you need to use it the plate lowers to uncover the receiver and the ball mount slides in and locks. The plate is lower but you can still see the plate. To remove just reverse the install.

With the purchase I will provide detailed instructions to install. It does require some cutting of the rear bumper reinforcement and 4 new holes in frame rail but you would never know it after install

As far as the weight class....I'm rating this at 100# tongue weight and 1000# tow max. Please before you order one make sure your frame rails are good and not rusted out, I don't want to see you on the news as well as myself.

All the welds will be done by a pro welder using a mig or tig welder. The hitches will be sprayed black primer to keep from rusting only.

Note: Only comes with hitch and hardware to install. You will need to make your own slide down plate holder, trailer wiring, ball mount and ball. I offer all for sale as well on my website.

UPDATE 2/21/14

In Stock and Ready to Ship.

Members of the "Snapper Hitch" Club.

Be sure to check them out at the next event.

1. Flyboygt86
  2. AL68
  3. fieroseblack
  4. Glen87
  5. TheDave
  6. Leeloo88
  7. 88Fierogirl
  8. BlackThunderGT

Hitch Accessories Found On Our Website at: Snapperhead Performance

1. PnP Harness.

2. Sliding License Plate Mount.
  3. Aluminum Ball Mount & Stainless Ball.

A pic of my 85 Green GT at 2012 Fierorama.

A pic of my 86 Blue GT at 2013 Fierorama.

------------------

Snapperhead Performance - Custom Hot Rods & Accessories
Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid, Hood, Trunk & Door Sill Plate Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Service - Hidden Trailer Hitch - PnP Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness - LED Reverse Lights

Threads:
Used Fiero Parts - Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch - Mirror Panels - Door Sill Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings

Rides:
85 Fiero Gt, Green "Grasshopper", 86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, 87
GT Met Orange, 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban,
04 Trailblazer

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 03-21-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xantheon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XantheonClick Here to visit Xantheon's HomePageSend a Private Message to XantheonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks great! How do you get the pin in there to lock the ball mount in place? I think that would work well for me. I tow stuff all the time with my Fiero. Let me know what you come up with. I also hope other Fiero owners learn how great our little cars are for towing (and I don't mean being towed, LOL)

I have the other style below-the-bumper hitch on one of mine now. I don't even recall who made those or if they are being made anymore.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xantheon:

That looks great! How do you get the pin in there to lock the ball mount in place? I think that would work well for me. I tow stuff all the time with my Fiero. Let me know what you come up with. I also hope other Fiero owners learn how great our little cars are for towing (and I don't mean being towed, LOL)

I have the other style below-the-bumper hitch on one of mine now. I don't even recall who made those or if they are being made anymore.

I use an aluminum ball mount that has a retractible pin built into the mount and is controlled but a locking key on the face of the mount. Very slick and I will provide them if wanted with the hitch kit. This allows only a 2.5" x 2.5" cutout in the bumper cover behind the plate, you could remove the hitch and never know it was there if you wanted to..

Vince
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2012 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
slick.. I like it..
but how does the rec. ball. stay in the hitch?
can you post photos of that... and whats the rating of what that latch/pin can take..
701GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
depending on price i would be interested in one
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

slick.. I like it..
but how does the rec. ball. stay in the hitch?
can you post photos of that... and whats the rating of what that latch/pin can take..

Oh you don't have to worry about that, the ball mount and locking system rating is good for 12,000 to 14,000 lbs & 2,000 lbs hitch weight . Way more the the car & hitch will ever see. I will post pics as things progress.

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 10-01-2012).]

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
depending on price i may be interested it looks very slick!!!! like the fact i can tow something but no one would ever know.
coady
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have an application for this hitch but if it just mounts to the bumper support member, it might be a class 1 hitch at best. That might be good for a utility trailer and afterall what are you going to pull with a Fiero. I'd ideally like to pull a teardrop trailer.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't see the picture but I am interested. It sounds like something I could use
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am definatly interested! in 2x i have a hidden gem of a trailer......
AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new news if the hitch will be available for sale (or plans to make one)?
PFF
System Bot
VelociJuris

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VelociJurisSend a Private Message to VelociJurisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in for about a couple of hundred bucks.
Bradley Jay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting for news on this also. Would love to be able to put a bike rack on the Fiero!
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a go for sure. Working on a project for the 30th anniversary show then I will be back on the hitches & back up lights

Thanks,

Vince

------------------

Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid, Hood, Trunk & Door Sill Plate Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Service - Hidden Trailer Hitch - PnP Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness - LED Reverse Lights

Threads:
Used Fiero Parts - Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch - Mirror Panels - Door Sill Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings

Rides:
85 Fiero Gt, Green "Grasshopper", 86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, 87
GT Met Orange, 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban,
04 Trailblazer

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 03-01-2014).]

kev63rod

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kev63rodSend a Private Message to kev63rodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would be interested in one depending on price. cant use it right now as my car barely can pull itself with the very tired 2.5 (60 psi compression) but in the future it will be getting the 3800. and i pull trailers all the time going to indiana with my little saturn and its surprising what that little car can pull. im sure with a 3800 the fiero would do good too. brakes would be the issue for sure on how much you could safely haul. in the future i would love to build a little teardrop camper to pull behind it for little weekend trips.edit to add what color is your car? is it that new camaro color, synergy green?

[This message has been edited by kev63rod (edited 01-10-2013).]

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kev63rod:

would be interested in one depending on price. cant use it right now as my car barely can pull itself with the very tired 2.5 (60 psi compression) but in the future it will be getting the 3800. and i pull trailers all the time going to indiana with my little saturn and its surprising what that little car can pull. im sure with a 3800 the fiero would do good too. brakes would be the issue for sure on how much you could safely haul. in the future i would love to build a little teardrop camper to pull behind it for little weekend trips.edit to add what color is your car? is it that new camaro color, synergy green?

The color is just about the same as the Camaro green just with way more metalic .

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 01-10-2013).]

marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in the hitch as well
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i may be interested in one also but after i get your reverse lights first
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in buying the license plate mechanism ....

regards
Danyel
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I decided that all I need to pull is a utility trailer for tools and baggage on longer trips so I will probably be interested. It would be helpful to have a price.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

bigbad1ton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigbad1tonSend a Private Message to bigbad1tonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also interested. Waiting on pricing.
PFF
System Bot
Xantheon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XantheonClick Here to visit Xantheon's HomePageSend a Private Message to XantheonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any update on this?
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xantheon:

Any update on this?

My goal is shipped by the end of August... More to come over the next few weeks

Vince

------------------

Threads:

Rides:
04 Trailblazer

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
also interested depending on price...
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So does it mount to the inner bumper or to the bottom of the frame rails like the normal ones?
Status? ETA? Price?
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

So does it mount to the inner bumper or to the bottom of the frame rails like the normal ones?
Status? ETA? Price?

The hitch mounts to the bumper mounts and does not go below them.

This is in the working and I will be setting pricing and taking orders soon.

Vince
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in Hitch

Mike Parker
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Interested in Hitch

Mike Parker

Any updates?
Banshee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BansheeClick Here to visit Banshee's HomePageSend a Private Message to BansheeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow it is so hidden you cant even see the picture or pictures (I can tell if more than one as they are that GOOD.

Sorry for the harassment. The pic doesn't show.
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in seeing the pic. What is the load capacity? Enough for a small trailer for an ATV?

Greg
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all just been so busy. Not sure where the pics went so I replaced it with a temp pic. I will start production after Fierorama and post the pics after I make a few and ready to sell.

Thanks Vince
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Hello all just been so busy. Not sure where the pics went so I replaced it with a temp pic. I will start production after Fierorama and post the pics after I make a few and ready to sell.

Thanks Vince

I'm going to want 3 maybe 4 of these.
Banshee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BansheeClick Here to visit Banshee's HomePageSend a Private Message to BansheeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like most others I agree it looks great and sounds awesome.
My decision is how much to?

Can you give us a guess-T-Mit
Glen87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Glen87Send a Private Message to Glen87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might be interested in one or two depending on price
msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw your hitch on your blue Fiero, at Fierorama and I loved it!

Ok, well maybe I just loved the entire car, but the hitch was very cool.

Here's a couple of shots from Fierorama of the hitch in use.
http://www.84-88fiero.com/s...2013fierorama&view=9
http://www.84-88fiero.com/s...013fierorama&view=10
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I got an update. Price is set at $200.00 Shipped to the USA, little more outside the USA.

As far as the class..... I've tested it with 200# hitch weight and pulled another Fiero around with no problems. So for safety I would rate this at 100# hitch weight and 1000# max.

Please before you order one make sure your frame rails are good and not rusted out, I dont want to see you on the news as well as myself.

Let me know if you want one so I can order the supplies needed would like to order in the next 2 weeks. After you pre order I will put your name on the list located on the first post and as always no payments needed until it's ready to ship.

All the welds will be done by a pro welder using a tig welder. The hitches will be in a primer finish to keep from rusting only. If you want them powercoated I can give you an estimate but it's not needed as your never going to see it.

Note: Only comes with hitch. You will need to make your own slide down plate holder, trailer wiring, ball mount and ball. I will offer all for sale as well.

Thanks,

Vince

------------------

Threads:

Rides:
04 Trailblazer

AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for one, ?$ for the sliding plate mount?
Flyboygt86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the ball mount a standard purchased part ?
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL68:

I'm in for one, ?$ for the sliding plate mount?

Sounds good I will put you on the list. I haven't set the price for the sliding plate mount but I think about 20.00 would do it.

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Snapperhead

1982 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by Flyboygt86:

Is the ball mount a standard purchased part ?

Yes it is.. I used the aluminum type with the internal locking pin so you only need a hole for the receiver about 2 1/2" square cut in the bumper cover. You can use the normal kind if you want to you just have to cut more of the bumper cover to allow access to the ball mount pin.

I can provide the ball mount if you don't want to hunt for them.

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 09-29-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay