Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  SALE! - Fiero1Fan 90MM Low Profile Buckets (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SALE! - Fiero1Fan 90MM Low Profile Buckets by Synthesis
Started on: 09-07-2012 10:10 AM
Replies: 122 (6850 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 08-03-2014 01:17 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to some recent health issues and no room for storage, I find myself in need of funds to help cover the medical bills.

I am dropping the price on the Fiero1Fan 90MM Headlight buckets!

That's right! Save 45 dollars off the regular price of 195!

The original low profile popup headlight mod, the Fiero1Fan buckets are a direct bolt in using the factory motors.

No modifications needed. Simply remove the old buckets, and install the new ones with the Hella 90MM Low and High beam headlamps available at Yellow and Blue Lighting!

Designed as a one piece bracket, made from high quality mild steel and electro-plated with a thick layer of Zinc, these buckets are solid, dependable and great looking!

Orders are now being taken for the US and Canada.

Sale price does not include shipping.
The brackets are 170 shipped to the US. (Canadian orders, add 10 dollars).

Paypal address for payment is: synssins@yahoo.com

This sale ends on September 30th.

Electrical Wiring can be purchased from:

H9 Connectors: http://www.headlightplugs.com/H9.plastic.html (four needed)
H4 Male connectors: http://www.comagination.com/parts.htm (The top item allows you to crimp to the wires directly from the H9 connectors. One order comes with two connectors.)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMs responded to.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Decided not to wait .....money sent + paypal fees
Thanks Chris ... take care my friend
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-08-2012).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll get them boxed and labeled for you.
Black Pegasus

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis,

PM Sent!

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black Pegasus:

Synthesis,

PM Sent!

Fred

Responded to.
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photo?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Up close:

Daytime from under the hood:

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

pm sent

Responded to.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are these the the original buckets or the second generation ones ??

What is the difference ?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Are these the the original buckets or the second generation ones ??

What is the difference ?

The second generation...

The original buckets were made from several flat pieces of steel that were then placed in a jig and welded together.

While this worked, the buckets were a bit on the flexible side.

The second generation buckets are a one piece design, in that the main body of the bucket is a single piece of steel that has been laser cut and computer jig bent into shape.

The old buckets would have as many as 24 welds holding them together, where the new ones have 8 or less. (I'd need to pull a set and count them.)

The bottom brackets that the lift arm attaches to are the only "add-on" pieces on the second gen buckets, as they could not be cut and bent into the bucket without decreasing strength.

Photos courtesy of Timcha...

hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The is a very good price for a good product.

I am very pleased you found someone to make your harnesses
Quad Headlight Harnesses for Fiero1Fan's low profile headlights (and more).. by Synthesis

For DIYers check
90mm Headlight Harness Schematic by Oreif

Once they are in
danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

Good Luck
Rick
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.

Shipped packages today.

Have one box with multiple buckets heading for Canada tomorrow.
hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Because, friends don't let friends run stock sealed beams in their Fiero
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chris,
Helene said we got the package yesterday ... thanks .... feedback left !!!... I will be back home on friday will post pics..

regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Sigler85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sigler85GTSend a Private Message to Sigler85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pardon my ignorance but do those just hold a standard 9006/9007 bulb?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sigler85GT:

pardon my ignorance but do those just hold a standard 9006/9007 bulb?

No. They use the H9 bulb. A 65 watt Halogen single filament bulb.

The lights are a reflector style for high beam, and projector style for low beam.

The difference between the stock 6054 bulbs and the Hella 90MM can't be put into words... You have to experience it to truly see the difference...
hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump cause quad Hellas rule
PFF
System Bot
Jakesdads86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis

Check your PM's !
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jakesdads86gt:

Synthesis

Check your PM's !

Only if you check yours.
Jakesdads86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checked! PayPal'd and Bumped.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Checked! PayPal'd and Bumped.

Paypal received. Box will ship either tomorrow or Wednesday depending on schedule at work. YAY CONVENTION WEEK!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To celebrate my 34th birthday, which is on Monday, October 1st, I am extending this sale until October 7th.

Also, TLG Auto and I have partnered to make this sale even sweeter.

Purchase a set of buckets from me, and you can knock 25% off the retail price of a TLG Auto 35 watt HID Kit! I'll even retro this offer to people who have already purchased the buckets from me.

http://www.tlg-auto.com/35w...ID_Kit_p/8013503.htm

That is a savings of over $50 off of list price!

Get the benefits of better lighting, plus the additional light output and just plain cool look of HIDs...

(Offer applies to the H9 35 watt Single Beam kit, in 4,300/5,000 and 6,000k bulb range).

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Ridgelandbaseball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have changed my headlights to second gen. Would these work for that?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ridgelandbaseball:

I have changed my headlights to second gen. Would these work for that?

Yes. The buckets do not change anything about the way the headlights actually work, and do not care which motor setup you have...

They simply provide a low profile bucket height with the openings for the Hella 90MM projector and reflector lamps.

These will work great for you.
Ridgelandbaseball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

To celebrate my 34th birthday, which is on Monday, October 1st, I am extending this sale until October 7th.

Also, TLG Auto and I have partnered to make this sale even sweeter.

Purchase a set of buckets from me, and you can knock 25% off the retail price of a TLG Auto 35 watt HID Kit! I'll even retro this offer to people who have already purchased the buckets from me.

http://www.tlg-auto.com/35w...ID_Kit_p/8013503.htm

That is a savings of over $50 off of list price!

Get the benefits of better lighting, plus the additional light output and just plain cool look of HIDs...

(Offer applies to the H9 35 watt Single Beam kit, in 4,300/5,000 and 6,000k bulb range).

Would you need one or two of these kits? It looks like it does just one side.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One HID kit does one pair of lamps. Two bulbs.

The recommended configuration would be HID low beams, and halogen high beams.

Since your low beams are on 95% of the time vs the high beams, this is the ideal setup.
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2012 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the total cost of this upgrade???
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right now (During the bucket sale) a straight up price list in order to do a full bolt in:

150 for the buckets
208 for the lights (52 each, bulbs included)
50 (minimum) for Wiring of some kind (DIY)

408 dollars...

If you buy one of my two series of harnesses, the price goes up.

The difference in lighting is worth this much, easily. Hell, it's worth twice that in my opinion. Even if I was not the one selling buckets/wiring, I'd still say the same thing.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was asked to measure the height of the surface of the headlight door from the surface of the hood when the lights are on...

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much including the harness? How difficult is the install? What is the difference in the harnesses?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Several options available for harnesses and buckets.

Option 1:
Buckets with Tier 1 harness (Direct plug and play)
Harness: 65
Buckets: 150 (on sale)
Lights (Purchased separately): 52 each (four needed)
Shipping extra.

After sale, add 45 bucks to bucket price.

Option 2:
Buckets with Tier 2 harness (Relay harness)
Harness: 145
Buckets: 150 (on sale)
Lights (Purchased separately): 52 each (four needed)
Shipping extra
After sale, add 45 bucks to bucket price.

HIDs available for both Option 1 and Option 2 low beams. I recommend them for Option 2, and not for Option 1 due to the unique power requirements for HID ballasts and lamps.
From TLG Auto: 150 for 4300k, 5000k, and 6000k lamps. Order and payment through me, HIDs drop-shipped from TLG.
Normal price, 199.

Installation is a breeze.
Option 1: Swap buckets (can be done in-car), about an hour of work, if not less.
Direct plug and play wiring.

Option 2: About 3 hours of work. Route and mount wire harness. Harness routes behind existing buckets/motors, so they need to be removed.
Swap buckets while lights are out of car. Plug harness in and attach power.

All installs can be done with basic hand tools.

Harness differences:
Tier 1: Direct plug in to factory H4. Splits out to two H9 connectors.
Tier 2: Relay harness. Uses OEM high/low wiring to enable relays. Removes high current load from OE wiring, using direct power path from battery through relay to power lamps.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 10-04-2012).]

j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Chris I will call you today.

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I was asked to measure the height of the surface of the headlight door from the surface of the hood when the lights are on...

Ridgelandbaseball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Jakesdads86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris,

Got the buckets! Looks good.

Now I just need a harness...ahem...

Thanks,

Bruce

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris,

Got the buckets! Looks good.

Now I just need a harness...ahem...

Thanks,

Bruce

Almost done with those. Have 10 strung and just waiting for ends. REAL nice to have some help with them.

I have one set of buckets that were ordered sitting in my trunk. I have to get them shipped but have not been able to get out of work to do so. I'm hoping to finally get them out tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 10-05-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock