Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Bolt-on Vertical Door Hinges....Group Buy (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Bolt-on Vertical Door Hinges....Group Buy by Archie
Started on: 08-16-2012 12:56 PM
Replies: 60 (2911 views)
Last post by: quins&dads88 on 05-23-2014 12:38 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again, I'm putting together another Group Buy for Bolt on Vertical Door Hinges for your Fiero.

I did a Group buy on these hinges a while ago & I've had several people asking for another Group Buy.

So here it is.

First of all, I have to say Initially, I'd like to comment that I personally don't desire to have Vertical Doors on my own car. There is plenty of room to get in & out of the car, however, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis in my shoulders & opening & closing the doors, at the angle you have to hold your arms, is hard for me.

That said, I like Vertical Doors on the Fiero & these hinges are a very good mount & don't "blow in the wind" like some others I've seen.

Since it's been a while since our last Group buy on these,I wanted to fit a set to a Fiero to once again confirm that they are a true bolt on & they are.

As we did before, I want to get at least 5 confirmed orders with deposits. This will keep the prices down to the point where they are affordable.

In fact this time around, the cost is going to be $1100.00 plus shipping. Last time that were $1350.00 if I recall correctly. We will require a $650.00 down payment & the balance when we have them ready to ship.

Turn around time will be 3 to 4 weeks (at the most) once we get enough people.

Contact me if you are wanting a set.

Here's some pics of the set we just put on a customers ChopTop car.

Please don't order them if you can't afford them.

Thanks

Archie

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kennn

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of curiosity, are those hinges around 25 pounds each? They do look very cool.

Ken

------------------
'88 Formula V6
'88 GT TPI V8

Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will they hinge out normally if you choose not to lift them up?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dementia:

Will they hinge out normally if you choose not to lift them up?

They hinge out enough that the agile can get in & out. then they must go up for full access.

I don't know of any Lambo style doors that allow you to open all the way normally or to option to open partially then go up.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-16-2012).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad timing!

Do you have a video of someone getting in and out with the interior all back together? Looks like it doesn't give you the room I expected... Could they be tweaked to go higher?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No sorry, I never thought I'd need to do a video how to get in & out of the car.

Upon measurement, these latest doors go up 2.5" farther than the doors we did before.

You can check out the other ones we did at Youtube "Rchee8"

Archie

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Bad timing!

Do you have a video of someone getting in and out with the interior all back together? Looks like it doesn't give you the room I expected... Could they be tweaked to go higher?

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah that's good that they go higher. From the end of the part 3 video, it looks like that have to exit the car facing the back. I'll PM you with my phone # so you can call for CC info.
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll see how my funds are within the next week.
If they look good and everything goes smoothly with the car transport I'll ponder a set.

Don't mark me down as of right now, but how much of it is actually bolt on?
No cutting at all? Or are there spots that do need to be lined up and drilled?

Also, I'm guessing you have fixed the plate flexing by adding another plate to mount to the door?
That was my main concern of the metal on the door flexing with too much "in and out".

[This message has been edited by 87FieroSport (edited 08-17-2012).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a total bolt on, no drilling, no cutting.

You do have to trim a little on the plastic fender lip at the front edge of the door to clear the strut. you can't see this trimming from the outside of the fender.

Archie

Originally posted by 87FieroSport:

I'll see how my funds are within the next week.
If they look good and everything goes smoothly with the car transport I'll ponder a set.

Don't mark me down as of right now, but how much of it is actually bolt on?
No cutting at all? Or are there spots that do need to be lined up and drilled?

87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good, I edited my post to include a second question, here it is:

Also, I'm guessing you have fixed the plate flexing by adding another plate to mount to the door?
That was my main concern of the metal on the door flexing with too much "in and out".

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, there are plates for inside the door where the hinge bolts on.

A

Originally posted by 87FieroSport:

Sounds good, I edited my post to include a second question, here it is:

PFF
System Bot
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in for a set. Let me know how you want the deposit, and I can send it right away. PM sent

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Upon measurement, these latest doors go up 2.5" farther than the doors we did before.

You can check out the other ones we did at Youtube "Rchee8"

Archie

Archie what did you guys do to make the new hinges go up further, and can the old ones be readjusted or tweeked to do so ? Just curious.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, we got one guy with his deposit in & 2 other that have contacted me.

I'd like to get the parts ordered by the end of the month.

So, here's a bump.

Archie
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

any clearer pics from the front to view the degree/Angle of the doors from a verticle perspective?
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

OK, we got one guy with his deposit in & 2 other that have contacted me.

I'd like to get the parts ordered by the end of the month.

So, here's a bump.

Archie

You can take my deposit by phone whenever you are ready, if I am one of those 2 guys.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take some pics of that tomorow.

Archie

Originally posted by nightonfire:

Hey Archie,

any clearer pics from the front to view the degree/Angle of the doors from a verticle perspective?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I just sent you a PM.

Archie

Originally posted by lou_dias:

You can take my deposit by phone whenever you are ready, if I am one of those 2 guys.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I now have 4 people who have spoken up so far & that is what I had in mind for a minimum numberI'd belooking to do.

There is no maximum number I'd do, so anyone else interested should speak up soon. We can do 10 or12 sets if there is enough interest.

I'm moving to get the order in by Monday, so we can turn these around quickly.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-22-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumperoo
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Archie

Originally posted by nightonfire:

Hey Archie,

Orig88GT-NC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent..
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, what do you do with the electrical wires for things like the power mirrors, door locks and the power windows?
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MADMARK,

Extend the wiring with proper gauge wiring and use a loom to make it all look clean!

Here is the option I plan to utilize:

http://www.autoloc.com/cata...-Wire-Loom--(1-Pair)

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-26-2012).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the information Archie. I think I can cut and splice wire since I have been an industrial electrician for over 40 years.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Archie, what do you do with the electrical wires for things like the power mirrors, door locks and the power windows?

Some nice soft flexable wire for extending wiring comes with the kit.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

MADMARK,

Extend the wiring with proper gauge wiring and use a loom to make it all look clean!

Here is the option I plan to utilize:

http://www.autoloc.com/cata...-Wire-Loom--(1-Pair)

I looked at these at one time also. However, the inside diameter of these lines is only 3/8". Most Fieros have 6 or 8, or more, wires going into the doors. Those wires won't fit inside these AutoLoc parts.

Archie
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure I can come up with a flexible housing for the wires from my catalogs.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The order is in for the 4 sets that have been spoken for.

Because of the upcoming holiday, the production will begin on Tuesday.

If anyone wants to get in on this, I can still increase the number of kits we will be working with thru Tuesday.

So, anyone else interested can contact me ASAP.

Thanks

Happy Holiday

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance you can ever do a group buy for Butterfly doors? (dihedral hinges)

Notice the smooth single motion mechanism. I think that would actually work with the stock hinge mechanism. (rather than the 2 motion vertical door mechanism)
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait. So cool.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, so would those McLaren dihedral doors be a future possiblity?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2012 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hinges are in & the needed modifications have been done & are ready to ship.

I'll try to contact the buyers in this group today.

Archie
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2012 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Orig88GT-NC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent...
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2012 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PM's answered.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received my hinges today. The look great, look like first class quality, and I can hardly wait to get them on the car.

More to follow

BTW, these hinges are STOUT!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay