Started on: 02-28-2012 12:26 PM
Replies: 114 (7984 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 06-18-2023 11:04 AM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just pulled my map pocket off, but it does break the mounting studs.
If you ever want to put it back on you can use double sided tape.
Someone in another post said you can pull the spekaer out and get to I think the top screws.
And then they said you may be able to get to one from below.
IP: Logged
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For all you lazies not wanting this because of "work" involved..

It takes 35 minutes at safe speeds to remove your dashboard.. what is it, 8 screws/bolts? It's not even a problem.. when/if I get one of these, I am willing to spend an hour modding my car the right way. It's easy-peezy.

Hey Mike, you know what would be cool? A package deal. Any special discount to buy the new glovebox, cupholder and center console door? Tax money coming back soooooon.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will think about a package deal.
I`m sure I could work something out.
fotofrank

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Installed my new glove box this morning. Neat eh!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Frank.
Does it fit ok, any other suggestions or comments?
Looks like the color matches.
Thanks, Mike

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 03-13-2012).]

SC_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC_86_GTSend a Private Message to SC_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! That looks awesome. Defiantly on my "list" now.
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Over all I love it. Fit is great but the edge close to the console is a bit rough. Maybe it could be the way I put it into place. Other than that no complaint. I really like the way it looks and the latch is wonderful. I was pleased by the design and materials used. Color, form and fit great! Be proud of your work.

Frank
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Frank, I know in my car the glovebox fit snug but I didn`t know how it would fit in different cars.
Do you think is has the room to fold the material around the sides of the front piece?
That would make the sides a little smoother.
When I got mine done I just took a credit card and tucked the sides of the material toward the back.
Mike
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes. There is room for the matieal to finish the end . I'm planing to do what you did with a credit card. Over all splendid!! This gives the dash a "finished" look as opposed to the other glove box that was available.
FieroAndrew

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAndrewSend a Private Message to FieroAndrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are looking amazing! It's been asked a few times, but I couldn't find an answer... but can we get a different latch? The way it sticks out doesn't sit quite right to me... But I'm still considering placing an order once my money comes in...
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, as far as the latch there are a few pics on the first page of various ones I have tried.
The pushbutton is the newest although I have yet to install it in my door.
The only flush one I have been able to find is the one pictured, but it is sort of large.
If anyone runs across another smaller flush that thinks I may be able to use it, I will gladly look into it.
Mike
PFF
System Bot
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The latch is quite good. I do not mind it sticking out and it isn't as much as you may thing. The latch, of course, incorperates a lock. A quick turn to the right and the door is open!!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the pushbutton I will be using on the glovebox door.
I will install a flush, as shown in this thread, but I like using either the pushbutton or the turning type latch.
Mike

FieroUte

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroUteSend a Private Message to FieroUteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! Whenever you start taking orders I'll take a dark grey/charcoal with a push button latch. Also would it be available to embroider a Fiero emblem on the door?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
bamman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bammanSend a Private Message to bammanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want one of these in the dark grey, my car is a '88, with the dark grey interior. I also want the cup holder in dark grey. I will send a pm with more info.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe somebody actually made in interior product that honestly looks like it came from the factory. It's about time! Very nice work! If the list of work to be done on my car wasn't 2 pages long already, I'd pick one up from you.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work!
The best one yet.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
I`m presently working on a couple of matching "sets" which include cupholder, console door and glovebox.
Mike
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a complete "set" going out to a member shortly.

marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
PFF
System Bot
LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the price on a complete set, like you show above?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Here is a complete "set" going out to a member shortly.

Woohoo! I cant wait. Well, actually, I have to since my car is in Woodstock for the next few weeks.
FieroUte

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroUteSend a Private Message to FieroUteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recieved and installed my glovebox today and WOW! I love it! Wish I could post pics from my phone to show off the embroidery of the Fiero logo because it makes it just that much better. Thanks again mike for the great work and speedy shipping!

Tyler
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tyler, glad you like it.
Mike
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBO:

What's the price on a complete set, like you show above?

"

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The total, as you see would normally be 325.00 but I have been knocking 50.00 off for the first few.
For future orders, at least for about 3 weeks, my turn-around may get stretched to about 2 weeks as I have been getting a lot of orders lately and I do these without any help.
Plus, the embroiderer I use has been very busy and it can now take up to a week to get the emblem back.
Thanks, Mike

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a picture that FieroUte sent for me to post:

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 04-06-2012).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2012 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good.
Thanks for posting for him Nolan.
Mike
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a few questions..
would this be aval with that push button latch and the indy500 logo centered under it.

or that fiero logo on one side like in the photo but on the right side and the indy logo on the left..
2) how deep is it top to bottom, thinking a c/d changer with that top panel hinged or c/g magazine out the bottom..
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only have the Fiero emblem digitized.
They will stitch about anything you could come up with, but they charge a 60.00 digitizing fee.
The opening for the door measures 3-1/2" tall and about 12" wide and about 4" deep.
The emblem could not be centered under the latch because the latch has to come down that far on the door to clear the strike inside.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 04-08-2012).]

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received my glovebox on my birthday It took my a whole 5 minutes to install it!

I love it Mike. Thanks a bunch and I hope you sell a bunch once your finished with your move.
Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 04-22-2012).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TX....
Hey man I wanted to congratulate you on these. Once I get a fiero I will surely get one at some point. My car SHOULD be here next weekend..hehe. They look great but I gotta say that IMHO there is something that would make them look and probably function even better. That would be to put more of a radius on the bottom edge. The edge is obviously not sharp but it APPEARS sharp in the pictures. I would imagine that if someone whacked their knees on it a slightly more rolled edge would even make it a tad safer. Just a thought but other than that the fitment, the appearance, and the design is looking very good. Well done on ALL of your very nice interior additions. Peace

Pete

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Marc.
Yea, there isn`t much to installing them.
Pete, because I use 1/2" plywood I just do a 1/4" radius on the bottom.
Also, because of the way the door is made even with a 1/4" radius where the hinge is, the wood is pretty thin.
Considering, the glovebox doesn`t come out past the AC vent on the passenger side, there seems to be enough room for knees.
Thanks for the input.
Mike
marshall12285

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marshall12285Send a Private Message to marshall12285Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you be able to make one with a latch/pull like the oem rear console door?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven`t been able to find a latch like the OEM one.
Mike
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Nolan
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got my Glove Box at Round-Up XV in San Antonio. What can I say, everyone was talking about how it looked like it had been there since 1986. I consider Mike G. a friend, but I buy from him for the quality. I couldn't be happier now I have his cup holder in the center rest, console door and now the glove box.

Thanks for the great work Mike and your friendship.

Mike P.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock