Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Feeler/Gauging Interest: Reproduction Hood Latch Gasket (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Feeler/Gauging Interest: Reproduction Hood Latch Gasket by JimmyS
Started on: 01-31-2012 09:22 PM
Replies: 90 (2742 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-18-2014 12:04 PM
npdimonte

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for npdimonteSend a Private Message to npdimonteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the list, zip is 60440.

------------------
Nick D.
'88 Fiero GT 5-spd
'03 Jetta GLS TDI 5-spd

IP: Logged
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2012 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent for one
701GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so are these ready yet?
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the good word
GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 to Toronto. L8r3h7
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still going to be made?
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Marc,

Unfortunately, I had do do a little stint in the hospital for a few days. As you may know I have been dealing with colon cancer for the last several years and we thought I was in complete remission. The day after I PMed to you I started experiencing severe pain in my groin (prostate) and after a few initial test it was determined that my cancer is not only not in remission but appears to have spread or at least caused infection from my sectional that I had done a few months ago. I am back home and hope to have your gasket shipped out in the next few days.

Dr. W.
84se2m4

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se2m4Send a Private Message to 84se2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ill take 2!
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will...I did not know of your health issues. I feel like a heal hounding you over a gasket while you're trying to recooperate. Please just take care of yourself and don't fuss over anything else except you getting better.
Gods speed and let me know if there's anything I can ever do for you.
Marc

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Hi Marc,

Unfortunately, I had do do a little stint in the hospital for a few days. As you may know I have been dealing with colon cancer for the last several years and we thought I was in complete remission. The day after I PMed to you I started experiencing severe pain in my groin (prostate) and after a few initial test it was determined that my cancer is not only not in remission but appears to have spread or at least caused infection from my sectional that I had done a few months ago. I am back home and hope to have your gasket shipped out in the next few days.

Dr. W.

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 05-02-2012).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

Will...I did not know of your health issues. I feel like a heal hounding you over a gasket while you're trying to recooperate. Please just take care of yourself and don't fuss over anything else except you getting better.
Gods speed and let me know if there's anything I can ever do for you.
Marc

no need for to feel bad Marc, I have been rather tight lipped about it as I think it is best to remain positive

Now all I need to watch out for is Kryptonite!

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 05-02-2012).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2012 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

I finally had time to work on the tooling/prototype this weekend and will be sending out some samples to a few of you that showed interest in being a tester for us. We have enough volunteers at this point but I may contact a few more of you if needed.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2012 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

***** UPDATE *****

I finally had time to work on the tooling/prototype this weekend and will be sending out some samples to a few of you that showed interest in being a tester for us. We have enough volunteers at this point but I may contact a few more of you if needed.

Dr. W.

Me, me, me
Hope your feeling better Will!

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 09-16-2012).]

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2012 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gokart

4635 posts
Member since May 99
double post

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 09-16-2012).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been quite a while since I had any scoop on this project but today I got the green light from the tooling people. I should have a sample to show on Monday. Marc, check your P.M.s

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, after reading this thread I'm actaully suprised that some thought of this gasket
in the upper portion un the front hood latch. Many, if no all fieros have this issue due to the gasket
breaking up, or cracking appart. My "original" 88GT has a very nice intact gasket probably
because it was stored since 1994. My other 88GT is in need of a gasket entirely.

As for price, I'm in. I can't 10$ being a problem. Actually I was going to fab-up one myself
with finding the correct thickness of foam and just going trail and error mock-up design.
As some people woundn't care or be bother replacing, many fiero "purists" would be delighted
to get a nice cost effective replacement.

I be watching this thread until the product is finished...garranteed.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

We officially start production tomorrow. I hope to have photos tomorrow as well but I will be traveling to FL to do a few Photoshop workshops so I may not get them posted in time.

JimmyS or I will post pictures and/or pricing/order info on the Fiero Fiberglass web site (exclusive dealer) ASAP.

Thanks for hangin' in with us

Dr. W.

------------------

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news Will and thanks for the update!
Hope you've been feeiling better and on the mend
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

Great news Will and thanks for the update!
Hope you've been feeiling better and on the mend

Feeling great Marc. I gained weight like crazy so I must be back to healthy (except now I'm a fat slob..... )

Will

------------------

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like pricing is going to be a tad bit more then we had originally thought. With the materials being used, we wanted to make certain that the customer received the best quality product available. To do this, we had to select materials of a higher grade than we had originally looked at.

The price will be $17.95 per gasket + $3.95 shipping to the lower 48 states. Shipping outside the USA will be around $7.95? but we will have to check and figure out an actual price. There will be no discount for purchasing multiple gaskets but we will offer a combined shipping discount of $1.00 for each additional gasket. IE: shipping for one gasket is $3.95, two gaskets is $4.95, three gaskets is $5.95 and so on.
npdimonte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for npdimonteSend a Private Message to npdimonteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

I'm still patiently waiting for this and the increase in price will not deter me.

Let me know when I can order one.

Thanks,
Nick

------------------
Nick D.
'88 Fiero GT 5-spd
'03 Jetta GLS TDI 5-spd

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you started this thread back in January, and I just now found it!

I took the old one off and it crumbled when I removed it before painting the car.

Put me down for one!

Just tell me when & how much to PayPal you.
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

First production parts!

Side view

I should be picking up product on Friday (if United gets me home on time)

Dr. W.

------------------

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I should be picking up product on Friday
(if United gets me home on time)

------^

Well there's your Problem!

Sounds good, so I can expect it by Monday then?
Glad to see it all coming together...
I have to say that is different looking than I pictured it. I was picturing the "solid smooth looking" foam stuff....

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JP, I used the same material as the factory piece but the cells are a little bigger to it shouldn't deteriorate so quickly.

Will
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! I'm in for two, possibly three.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got word from Dr. Will that 40 sets have been shipped out to me today. They should be here early next week. I will install one on my Blue Fiero with pics and they will be on www.fierofiberglass.com for sale by the end of next week. They will be listed in the Weather Seals section of the website.
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Just got word from Dr. Will that 40 sets have been shipped out to me today. They should be here early next week. I will install one on my Blue Fiero with pics and they will be on www.fierofiberglass.com for sale by the end of next week. They will be listed in the Weather Seals section of the website.

Thanks, Will and JimmyS, I'm just waiting for the word that it is on the website. great timing for my project car.

Charlie

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone confirm these are NOT different on 84s?
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Can anyone confirm these are NOT different on 84s?

As far as know they were the same for all years.

Dr. W.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 40 seals that Dr. Will sent me arrived today. They really do look and feel great! I quickly test fitted one and it is a perfect fit.

I have been putting in some long hours at work as of late but Wednesday is a short day for me. On Wednesday I will get some pics of the seal installed and I will get them put on the site by friday.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news, I'll be checking the site for these latch gaskets.
PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent. 2 to GA
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here they are folks!

These are the installation instructions...

Remove you metal hood latch from the underside of the hood. Make sure you clean it well with some type of grease remover before you attempt to attach the new seal.

The bottom side of your new seal will have an outline of where the new bracket will sit. You will need to apply some contact adhesive to the metal latch and the underside of the new seal. Make sure you keep the adhesive inside the outline. I used Weldwood Contact Cement in a small bottle. It comes with a handy applicator brush. You can see in the pic where the adhesive is applied.

Once you have followed the directions of the Contact Cement, Flip the seal over and carefully align it on top of the metal bracket. Once it is aligned, press it firmly in place on the metal bracket.

On the underside of your hood you will see a little nub. Place your bracket into place and press the new rubber seal firmly on the nub area. This will leave a little mark on the back of your seal which will show you where the nub touches it. Take a razor blade and cut a slit where that mark is. This will allow the nub to pass through the rubber.

Bolt your bracket back in place and viola, your done.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 12-20-2012).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 12-20-2012).]

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF doesn't like https:
Take away the s and make your links http:
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Jimmy

Will

------------------

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 12-20-2012).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seals are up on the website and ready for sale... Click here
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Seals are up on the website and ready for sale... Click here

Ordered one
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marc, your seal went out yesterday

Will
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ordered 2!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock