Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  fieroguru 13" Brake Upgrade for 88 Fieros - available Jan 15th, 2012 (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
fieroguru 13" Brake Upgrade for 88 Fieros - available Jan 15th, 2012 by fieroguru
Started on: 12-27-2011 07:41 PM
Replies: 258 (13066 views)
Last post by: ChanningB on 06-10-2020 02:58 PM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Thanks for the feedback and installed pic!

I will take some better installed pictures and post them soon.
IP: Logged
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, got a couple better pictures today while washing the car.

One thing I have noticed is that I do have some slight rubbing on sharp turns between the lower control arm and rotor. I have Rodney Dickman 1" lowering ball joints and FieroStore 1" lowering springs up front. It's obviously not the fault of the brake kit in any way, just a heads up for anyone who is looking into this kit with lowering ball joints. You will have to grind a little on the control arm for clearance.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update! That confrims my original suspicion about a possible interfernace issue with the lowering ball joints and lowering springs.

The lowering ball joints move the nose of the a-arm away from the pivot of the ball joint, so the nose will move towards and away from the rotor at a much faster rate. The issue will be once the lower a-arm breaks the horizontal plane under compression, then it will approach the rotor very quickly and eventually make contact... the question is if this contact will happen during the "normal" range of motion allowed with the bump stops. If you only use lowering ball joints with stock height bump stops, then I do not think it will make contact (but don't take this as certain until I can verify), but if you use lowering ball joints with shorter springs and shortened bump stops I am pretty sure the nose will make contact to the rotor.

I added a comment about the potential for interferance when used with 1" lowering ball joints and lowering springs on the main page.

For reference, when used with stock ball joints, the nose is kept completely away from the rotor surface:

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 04-10-2012).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

Still have about 12+ full sets of hardware in stock and ready to ship ($350 shipped for hardware kits).

I have a full set of these rotors (4 rotors) in stock and ready to ship - so a full brake kit could ship on Monday:

I have 2 rotors of this style rotor in stock - would be great for someone looking for either a front only or rear only kit:

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump - I am down to 4 sets left from the 2nd batch of brackets.

I have ordered another batch of 25 sets of brackets and they should be here in less than 2 weeks.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. The next batch of 25 brackets are done and being shipped to me.

These kits will still be for sale during my move in June.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a full set of this style rotor in stock. Order now and your kit it will ship within 36 to 48 hrs!

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 06-05-2012).]

FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still have any sets around? Which style of rotors do you have available?

-Alex
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

Still have any sets around? Which style of rotors do you have available?

-Alex

Yes, I have this set of rotors in stock and ready to ship (just need to drill the 5x100mm pattern):

I can get this style rotors in about 4 days, just have to order them

I prefer paypal payment: fieroguru@lycos.com
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you know the thickness of the rotor hats vs the stock ones? Im also trying to get a set of wheels and figure out offsets etc.

Thnx
Alex
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure, the stock 88 rotor hats are 9.36 mm thick and my 13" rotor hats are 7.31 mm thick. So my kit will tuck in (vs. push out) the wheels 2.05 mm (.081") per side.
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set. Which rotor design do you have currently? Is there any chance of getting a set of these below?
Got your email, whats the total again?

-Alex

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

Put me down for a set. Which rotor design do you have currently? Is there any chance of getting a set of these below?
Got your email, whats the total again?

-Alex

The full kit with me supplying the drilled/slotted/zinc coated rotors (and drilling them to 5 x 100 mm) is $640 shipped.

The frustrating part is I have ordered the same part # from Brakemotive and recieved 4 different styles of rotors over the life of this project. When they change drilled/slotting patterns, I usually get stuck with a partial set. Unfortunately, I only have 2 rotors in the style pictured above and now the same part # from the same vendor looks like this:

Since I would really like to have some consistent rotors styles that will not change every other month, I have been exploring other vendors, but haven't used them enough to know how consistent their drill/slot pattern is. Once of them was once of the first ones I looked at back in October of last year, and they too have changed their style as well.

I do have a set of 4 of this style in stock and assume I could get more if someone places an order before you do:

My last purchase with yet a 3rd vendor showed up looking like this (but I do not have these in stock).

One of the downsides to the other 2 vendors is they take 2-3 days longer between time of order to delivery at my house. BrakeMotive is down to 3-4 days from order to at my house.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 06-18-2012).]

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent

-Alex
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent kit and a great seller:

Nolan
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

I received and installed the 13" brake kit with the help of Steven Snyder here in Pasadena. The kit was will designed, no confusion and it looks amazing. The stopping power is nuts compared to the stock 88 rotors. Highly recommended!!! Pics with new brakes and wheels. Also installed WCF coilovers to fit the XXR 530 wheels. Front 18x7.5 38mm offset, and rear 18x8.75x35offset. 225/40/18 and 265/35/18's...

-Alex

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Alex !

Very nice daily driver. The brake kit looks amazing !!!!

Guru we need a 13" kit for the pre-88 cars !

And yes i know about the 12" kit.

(edit)

** ooops i just realized there is a fieroguru and a bmwguru,..thought it was the same person **

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-30-2012).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good guys!

I haven't bumped this thread in a while... mostly because I was moving, the garage was a mess, didn't have 220 power for the compressor, mill and welder, and working on a huge honey do list that involved sanding/painting 5 large pieces of furniture so they match the rooms they are now in. Good news is that I will all caught up on these distractions in a day or two and looking to start moving some 13" brake kits again.

I have all the brackets, rings, and other hardware in stock for 25 full kits (except rotors - purchased at time of payment) so feel free to order a full 13" kit or hardware only.
PFF
System Bot
Kune

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KuneClick Here to visit Kune's HomePageSend a Private Message to KuneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finaly installed!

Closeup

Im lovin it!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for some brake kits!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

I have 20+ hardware kits in stock and ready to ship for $350 shipped per full car set.
Full kits are $640 shipped to the lower 48 (with drilled/slotted/zinc coated rotors), just have to wait about 5-7 days for the rotors to be shipped to me, drilled and then shipped to you.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brake setup looks great!

Are the cross drill holes chamfered to enhance the structural integrity by dispersing the stress evenly to prevent fracture.

------------------
~John

'88 GT 5spd White/Beechwood
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by j bf1:

Brake setup looks great!

Are the cross drill holes chamfered to enhance the structural integrity by dispersing the stress evenly to prevent fracture.

Yes the cross-drilled holes are chamfered. The advertizing lingo from the rotor supplier: "Each drill hole is chamfered for a smooth linear transition at the edge. This reduces stress rizers for improved durability"

701GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finally got my kit installed...love it
Edit: these are 17" wheels

[This message has been edited by 701GT (edited 10-10-2012).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 701GT:

Thanks for the comments and pictures!
PFF
System Bot
j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those style 3's???

Originally posted by 701GT:

Edit: these are 17" wheels

------------------
~John

'88 GT 5spd White/Beechwood

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe my kit came to the door that fast, positive feedback added. Thanks. Rob
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

I would be interested in trading a full kit with rotors for a complete T-top setup.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the New Year!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monday bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

I have added some Front Only Options to the kit offerings and the current pricing for each option is listed below. I also revised the first post in this thread with the current information.

Pricing Summary: All prices shipped for US and Canadian addresses unless noted.

Hardware Kit only – Front:.....................$150
Front Only w/ plain rotors:.....................$225 (+$35 shipping surcharge to Canada)
Front Only w/ Drilled/Slotted/Zinc Rotors:.$300 (+$35 to Canada)
Hardware Kit Only – full car:...................$350
Full Kit with Plain Rotors:.......................$565 (+$70 to Canada)
Full Kit with Drilled/Slotted/Zinc Rotors:....$640 (+$70 to Canada)

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 01-11-2013).]

j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump!

I have added some Front Only Options to the kit offerings and the current pricing for each option is listed below. I also revised the first post in this thread with the current information.

Pricing Summary: All prices shipped for US and Canadian addresses unless noted.

Hardware Kit only – Front:.....................$150
Front Only w/ plain rotors:.....................$225 (+$35 shipping surcharge to Canada)
Front Only w/ Drilled/Slotted/Zinc Rotors:.$300 (+$35 to Canada)
Hardware Kit Only – full car:...................$350
Full Kit with Plain Rotors:.......................$565 (+$70 to Canada)
Full Kit with Drilled/Slotted/Zinc Rotors:....$640 (+$70 to Canada)

I read one of your older post stating a special price thru 1/15/13. What were the details?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by j bf1:

I read one of your older post stating a special price thru 1/15/13. What were the details?

Yes, I did run a Hardware Only Sale for the last 2 months of 2012, but that sale expired on Jan 1, 2013.

You are referring to this thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/063966.html

and this statement:

Until Jan 1, 2013 I am offering the "Hardware Only" version of my 88 Fiero 13" Brake Rotor Upgrade for $75 off. Instead of the $350 normal price, I will sell them for $275 shipped (US and Canada).
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock