Digital EGR Adapter Plate Kit by TopNotch
Started on: 06-21-2011 12:16 PM
Replies: 112 (5445 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 01-09-2022 10:23 PM
Donster

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2012 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's right!

Come one, come all, we'll be down there having a ball!

Look for the banner with the Fiero in the peach, before my wife and I head down towards the beach.

Look forward to seeing y'all down there.

\D
IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another refresher. We continue to offer the Digital EGR Adapter Plate Kits for conversion to the 7730 ECM.
Donster

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Bump To The Top. If you're doing the 3.4 conversion or just want to improve your 2.8, this adapter kit will allow you to install the 7730 ECM. You can also eliminate the distributor and convert to DIS coilpacks if you so desire.

Visit our website at www.gafiero.org in the Club Merchandise section. PayPal accepted. Most orders shipped the next day.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to the top again.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still in stock and ready for shipping within 2 days. Most orders ship the same or next day.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have more EGR Adapter Plate Kits available if you're doing the 7730 conversion.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity-Bump!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First of the year bump to the top for Newbies and those that didn't go broke at Christmas.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Bump. Still Got 'em, Still selling 'em. All orders shipped same or the next day.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\ /\ /\ To The Top Again /\ /\ /\
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a while but we have a new batch in stock, ready for shipment. Swapping to the digital EGR system would be a good winter project.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

It's been a while but we have a new batch in stock, ready for shipment. Swapping to the digital EGR system would be a good winter project.

Just ordered mine from your website. Been looking all over for someone who makes these. Thanks!!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Retroman, email sent. Thank You.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierofool, I just wanted to say publicly that I got your (I'm assuming that was you) voicemail this morning, and I really appreciate how you and the GA Club does business. Unfortunately, I like a lot of other members have been burnt through the forums before, and it's always refreshing to see someone who keeps their customers in the loop regarding every action taken with the order. I look forward to seeing the finished product in my mailbox soon. Thanks again.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. It's the only way to do business.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Below is a writeup on the 7730 conversion, used with permission of Ryan Gick, developer of the Digital EGR Adapter we produce.

A friend of mine brought me his Fiero to have a swap done. He had a very high mileage stock 2.8 and 125-C and wanted me to swap in a lower mileage 2.8 and 440-T4 OD transmission. Not content with sticking with the stock 2.8 ECM, I convinced him to swap out ECMs during the swap as well. In short, it was an excellent choice!

The ECM that was used in this swap was the 1227730 unit which was used in many 1987-92 era GM cars. For this application, I elected to use the $88 code mask programming which was designed to be used in a 1990-92 Camaro/Firebird 3.1. The Camaro/Firebird 3.1 is very similar to the stock Fiero 2.8 including it's use of a distributor and iron-heads. With that being said, there were some significant differences between the two systems...

The 7730 ECM running $88 code mask does NOT use or need the 7th injector (cold start).
The 7730 ECM controls the coolant fan relay directly.
The 7730 ECM will interface with stock Fiero 2.8 ECM wiring harness. (although some modifications will be needed)
The 7730 ECM uses a knock sensor.
The 7730 ECM interfaces directly with the speed sensor which means changes can be made in the programming to calibrate the speedo without having to change out the plastic gears on the VSS sensor itself.
The 7730 ECM running the $88 code mask will NOT work with the stock Fiero 2.8 EGR valve. It is designed to work with the digital EGR valve used in the early-mid 90's era GM V6 cars. I went ahead and designed an adapter plate and had another Fiero friend make one up so we could use the digital EGR valve on the stock Fiero 2.8 y-pipe.

The biggest advantage to using the 7730 ECM in a Fiero application is not only more tunable options in the programming, but the drivability and response time of the engine improved significantly. Gone was the unstable idle characteristics of the stock 2.8 which some have said existed from the factory. Gone was the high idle flare upon startup. We quickly found out that using the 7730 ECM system on the stock 2.8 greatly improved it's drivability as well as throttle response and performance characteristics. Believe it or not, using the newer computer, even this stock 2.8 ran and acted like a new engine found in today's new cars! And because the 7th injector, fan switches, and vacuum-controlled EGR valve were no longer required, it also allowed us to clean up the wiring and vacuum lines on the stock 2.8 engine as well...

I think this is one of the most worthwhile upgrades for a stock (or even modded) 2.8. Obviously, it can also be used on 3.1 and 3.4 OHV swaps. Although if you are swapping in a newer 3.1 or 3.4 that has provisions for the DIS ignition system, I would recommend using the DIS as well. The 7730 ECM will work with the DIS ignition system if you use a different code mask (programming).

But be aware that I have made some changes in the way I tune things that will affect the viability of (a highly modded engine).

Any Fiero using a stock iron-head 2.8, iron-head 3.1, or iron-head 3.4 will still be able to make use of the 7730 ECM upgrade using the $88 (distributor) and $A1 (DIS) code masks – both of which will require the use of (the) digital EGR adapter plate.

However, for highly modded iron-head engines, I’m now recommending using the 7730 ECM with the 8D mask which won’t work with a digital EGR (but will work with the stock Fiero EGR).

The reason for this “update” is because the V6 masks ($88 and $A1) used in the 7730 ECM have some nasty limitations in them that prevent them from being able to work well with highly modded engines.
Ryan Gick
Sinister Performance, LLC.
Fort Wayne, Indiana USA
oldschoolbilly

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldschoolbillySend a Private Message to oldschoolbillyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered one of these from Ga. Fiero club in November and never saw the part or herd from the seller[even after several e-mails].
I finally had to contact Pay-Pal to get my money back.
If they still sell these and someone gets one, please PM me who they spoke with or who they ordered from because I still need one.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am responsible for having the parts produced, assembling the kits and shipping them. When we receive an order, the Administrator is supposed to send a copy of the order to me. I've checked to see if I shipped one to your area, but I have no record, so I'm assuming I never got a copy from the Administrator. I have encountered this before and only knew about an order because someone posted that they had ordered. I normally ship the same day or the next day.

I apologize for the problem. If you would like to reorder, I will get the kit out to you immediately. I'll also contact the Administrator to be sure he stays on top of this situation. If anyone else has had a problem with their order or product, please let me know.

Charlie
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12809 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Billy, after emailing and PMing with you, I've given it some thought. I'm willing to ship an adapter kit to you and when you receive it, you can make your Paypal payment. Fair enough?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oldschoolbilly, my tracking number shows that your EGR Adapter Kit was delivered Thursday at 1:43PM. There is apparently still some delay in the Paypal notification since I didn't receive notice of your payment until Saturday afternoon.

You should have also received in separate mail, a $25 gift certificate. Again, I apologize for the problems you encountered with your original order.

Charlie
PFF
System Bot
oldschoolbilly

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldschoolbillySend a Private Message to oldschoolbillyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie
I received the adapter and the gift cert. Thank you very much for that [gift cert.] but it was really unnesasary.
Everyone who reads this post this is in responce to my earlier post about not getting the part I ordered.
It was not the fault of Georgia Fiero club but a glitch in thier computer system,do not hesitate to order from them they will do the right thing if you have any problems.
Call them first before you post negative comments as they go above and beyond what is expected for customer service ,also ,thier products are top notch in quality.
The responce to my issue was lightning fast once they knew about it and I wish I had not posted negatively about them.
Again I can not say enough about thier customer service and products they are TOP NOTCH.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We appreciate the post. It was a valid concern and we might not have known about it had you not posted. Thank you.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monthly bump to the top.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting warm weather. Suitable for doing that 7730 swap with the Digital EGR system. Kits available for immediate shipping.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're currently down to 2 kits in stock. Grab 'em while the next run is in production.
sniper69

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sniper69Send a Private Message to sniper69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just bought one through the website linked in the first post and put my username in the notes section.
Thanks for having these.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. As soon as the order comes through Paypal I'll get it shipped out. We've been having some problems with their notification system, so I'll be on the lookout.

It might be good that anyone else who orders to post a notification here or email direct to GeorgiaFieroClub@Gmail.Com. At least PFF and Gmail notifications are timely.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sniper69, your kit shipped this morning. Thank you for the order.

Georgia Fieros
sniper69

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sniper69Send a Private Message to sniper69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Sniper69, your kit shipped this morning. Thank you for the order.

Georgia Fieros

Thank you sir for the update and I'll let you know when it arrives.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're sold out, but the 4th run will be off the milling machine on May 19.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New batch is in, and ready for shipment.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for your back to school project.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a while, so just another bump to the top. A must-have item to realize the full potential of that 3.1 or 3.4 engine upgrade.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another push to the top. We still have a few left in this batch.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Inventory is running low. When these are gone, we probably won't produce another batch made until we have some orders. That may cause your order to be delayed for several weeks. While we have them in stock, we normally ship within 2 days of receiving notice of the order if you use PayPal.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2015 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To The Top Again.
ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still have any in stock? Getting a '7730 swap going and would like to make an order.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, we still have a few left.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2015 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't realize this had dropped so far down. Another bump to the top, just in time to get your Christmas presents shipped and installed.

$55 shipped to continental US.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock