Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: 3800SC ODBII Conversion Harness (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: 3800SC ODBII Conversion Harness by phonedawgz
Started on: 05-05-2011 09:22 AM
Replies: 235 (11195 views)
Last post by: mental floss on 08-19-2014 06:42 AM
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. Lee has been called.

IP: Logged
Puck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckClick Here to visit Puck's HomePageSend a Private Message to PuckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool he is hoping to get this 3800 project rolling but trying to get all the parts together first
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He seemed cool on the phone.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fyi - A price increase is coming up.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my harness and I am very pleased. I know some would do theirs but this saved me so much time and I think the price is very reasonable for this quality of work. All is labeled and documented. Highly recommended

Even a manual detailing configuration
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the post Alex.

Let us know when its installed.

So how come all the other harness purchasers haven't given me feedback?

There is an opening this upcoming week. I have one that is waiting for payment (for weeks) and one that is about to ship.
Dragon6790

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon6790Send a Private Message to Dragon6790Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is on the way(as soon as the Canada Post strike is done). I will be giving feedback when it arrives!!
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool cool.

Openings for later this week /early next week exist
Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2011 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im looking for the same but i need an auto??? can send cash sat!!! for a 2002 3800 scII auto??
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I can make them either NA or SC.

I can wire them up for a 4 or 5 speed MT or one of the different automatic transmissions. TH125C, 4T60E, 4T65E, or the 4T65E-HD that came bolted to the 3800 SCs.
PFF
System Bot
Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how do i know what auto trans i have stock???
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give me the year, make and model of car and if the engine is SC or NA.

I sent you a PM btw.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My harness just came in the mail today and I must say that the quality of work is excellent . . . fast shipping paid for it on Monday got it on Wednesday . . . very pleased with it . . . Definitely the new goto man when you need a harness made

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 06-23-2011).]

Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
from a 2001 buick regal gs supercharged....
TA6SPD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TA6SPDSend a Private Message to TA6SPDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weekend bump
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Opening this week.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the week of July 11th.
fierofan25

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

[This message has been edited by fierofan25 (edited 07-01-2011).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other combinations are available also.
PFF
System Bot
TA6SPD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TA6SPDSend a Private Message to TA6SPDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

------------------
What does not kill you only makes you stronger!!!
ta6spd@hotmail.com

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM gotten +

bump
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
openings next week
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

openings next week

Nice work and pre-testing is an attractive extra to offer. If you want to expand the harness business the 4.9L's are still being done (although in smaller numbers) and the Ecotec may be taking hold. I've had a few requests for harnesses of late but have NO time to do them. I will send these people your way.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
upon supplying the harnesses, could i also send you the loom i want to use? i already have it. its not side split tho, so putting it on might be rather hard. its the expandable sleeving kind btw.

EDIT: how long does it take to get one from the day of order? im gonna hafta act quick since my lease is up soon and i need ot be out of here oct 15. ive got so many things to do ahead of time as well. the biggest being the WA to OK road trip im taking with my brother upon his navy separation soon.

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 07-26-2011).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Standard turn around time is two weeks from either the down payment, or you sending me your harness.

The loom sounds like a pita but I can put it on if that's what you want.
DonP

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonPClick Here to visit DonP's HomePageSend a Private Message to DonPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking to do the 3800 sc swap. Engine is a series 1 ('94 Buick park avenue.) Swap is into a 4 cylinder car. Does the 4-cylinder car wiring work, or is a 6 cylinder car harness required?
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The swap can be done in any year or engine Fiero.

'84s are wired differently. 85-88 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders have pretty much the same body harnesses.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
b-u-m-p
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey pd, i forgot to ask you, where do you run the ICM wires since the stock location will not work with the torsion bars. i was thinking of mounting my ICM where the batter was.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

americasfuture2k

7131 posts
Member since Jan 2006
i think i will try to bear this heat and take a wack at making my harness. im short on time and funds. too much going on. i need this car to drive by sept 30th with as little money put into it than what is already there. im sure i will be coming to you for questions that may arise. fitting that expandable sleeving will be a major PITA ttho. if you have any tips for when i do this, please tell me. they will be very much appreciated.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

hey pd, i forgot to ask you, where do you run the ICM wires since the stock location will not work with the torsion bars. i was thinking of mounting my ICM where the batter was.

The stock ICM harness will reach to the battery area with no modifiction...
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But do leave a longer tail on the ICM connector of the engine harness to allow the ICM harness to be stretched to the battery location.
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in one from a series one park ave supercharged 1992 what is the evaporation canister? Is that for the fuel?

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats
Newly acquired 1985 coupe with series one 3800SC 5speed Getrag as a donor to the Fri Fri (87GT)

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The evap canister, aka the charcoal canister 'catches' the unburnt hydrocarbons that evaporate from the gas tank. Released into the air they are considered a pollutant. On your Fiero the gas tank is vented via a rubber/steel line into the charcoal canister. A second 'purge' vacuum line runs from the canister to a dedicated port on the throttle body of your 2.5/2.8. That dedicated port only has vacuum to it when you are off idle. That way the purging of the charcoal canister doesn't occur at idle but only when the throttle is off idle. Purging the charcoal canister at idle would cause idle issues.

On a 3800 there is no dedicated ported vacuum connection on the throttle body for this. Instead a full time vacuum source is connected to the EVAP purge solenoid. When the PCM wants to purge the canister (ie off idle driving down the highway) the PCM opens up the solenoid and the canister is purged.

As a swapper all you need to do is locate the solenoid somewhere between the intake vacuum, and the canister. Run one vacuum line into it, one more out of it to the canister, and then plug in the harness electrical connector. Most people put them somewhere on the transmission. The stock fugly location is on the top of the engine but hidden under that plastic piece.

That's assuming the Series I has an evap solenoid.
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh okay id give you a + but i already have lol. i have an aftermarket one sitting where the cruise control is on the stock 2.8 and the solenoid is right above it must be the harrness.

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats
Newly acquired 1985 coupe with series one 3800SC 5speed Getrag as a donor to the Fri Fri (87GT)

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been working on a '92 Series I that should be done Saturday - Openings are available.

It would be done tonight, but the Pack plays at 7:00.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock