Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Official aluminum fuel tank sale thread (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official aluminum fuel tank sale thread by joesfiero
Started on: 03-22-2011 03:18 PM
Replies: 205 (21792 views)
Last post by: Rare87GT on 08-15-2019 09:16 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
IP: Logged
JasonPaul

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JasonPaulSend a Private Message to JasonPaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any interest this fall on building a tank?

I'm looking for a tank for a external fuel pump with the typical send and return AN fittings on the back lower bottom with a small drop bump (not sure what the technical name is for that). Same size or larger as what you are building with same filler and vent hook up and a normal GM sender. I've been trying to get a shop to build one for a while with no luck so I figure I'll give you a try and see if you are going to build more. I don't mind waiting if you can do it or want to pass me the info of who does if you don't want to bother with this project anymore. (I'm disabled and have lots of free time lol)
JasonPaul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JasonPaulSend a Private Message to JasonPaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JasonPaul

16 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by BlackCherryGT:

Look what just arrived....

Looking forward to installing this. I still have a number of other items I am working on (6 speed, conversion to Carb, keyless start, Mr. Mikes seats, custom console and a few others) but I will take pics as I install this and post when complete.

Excellent product.....thanks Joe (and Tony) for making this available.

k

Very cool tank!
Exactly what I need! basic filler setup, send and return ports and a level sender. BUILD ONE FOR ME PLEASE!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want one as well !!
fieroVAN

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroVANSend a Private Message to fieroVANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do need one at well , please build for me one pleaseeeee
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As soon as I pull my tank down (in a week or so) we will know whether we will need a new tank as well. The workmanship looks great but I wonder if these tanks have the baffles in them to prevent fuel starvation under hard turns or acceleration. The shop that makes these is a marine operation and the off season is probably the best time to catch their attention.
The tanks are not inexpensive so if we use them we will want a #6 male AN fitting for the fuel feed.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

JasonPaul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JasonPaulSend a Private Message to JasonPaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't heard back about having one built for me yet so don't hold your breath. I'd love to have one made so I can get on building the fuel system I want.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

...we will want a #6 male AN fitting for the fuel feed.

Don't forget one for the return line too. The standard feed line is 3/8" and the return line is 5/16". There isn't really an AN size that translates to 5/16 so making them both -6 (3/8") would be the best.
JasonPaul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JasonPaulSend a Private Message to JasonPaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
has anyone gotten a response back yet?
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought one of these tanks at the beginning of last summer. The tank builder only stocks NPT bungs, so I had 3/8" NPT bungs welded at the top and bottom of the tank for send and return lines and I bought the 0-90 ohm marine sender. I ran black braided -8AN lines for both fuel lines. There was a delay with the sender and it took almost two months to get my tank, but I don't fault Joe or his builder for that. I haven't run the car, but I'd say this tank was worth every penny I paid (~$415 or so shipped). Given where I mounted my pump, a Bosch 044 external, I didn't feel the need for a rear sump. Check it.

If you can get a response out of him, you won't be disappointed.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

I bought one of these tanks at the beginning of last summer.

What's the real life capacity of your tank ? i haven't seen anyone post anything but estimates.
PFF
System Bot
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

What's the real life capacity of your tank ? i haven't seen anyone post anything but estimates.

No clue. Car doesn't run and I've never filled it. Quite a bit more over factory. Maybe another 3-4 gallons? I'll find out eventually, I suppose.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
External pump? Tell me more!
JasonPaul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JasonPaulSend a Private Message to JasonPaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

I bought one of these tanks at the beginning of last summer. The tank builder only stocks NPT bungs, so I had 3/8" NPT bungs welded at the top and bottom of the tank for send and return lines and I bought the 0-90 ohm marine sender. I ran black braided -8AN lines for both fuel lines. There was a delay with the sender and it took almost two months to get my tank, but I don't fault Joe or his builder for that. I haven't run the car, but I'd say this tank was worth every penny I paid (~$415 or so shipped). Given where I mounted my pump, a Bosch 044 external, I didn't feel the need for a rear sump. Check it.

If you can get a response out of him, you won't be disappointed.

I've been trying, I'd love to have one built for my car since I want to use a external high flowing pump like I did with my race truck I built back in the 90s

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

When I fill my tank, it's about a 11 gallon tank. Maybe 11.5 gallons. That's the most I could get out of it. The real reason I purchased it was because my old tank was rusted pretty bad. This will last me a LONG time!

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

JasonPaul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JasonPaulSend a Private Message to JasonPaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:
When I fill my tank, it's about a 11 gallon tank. Maybe 11.5 gallons. That's the most I could get out of it. The real reason I purchased it was because my old tank was rusted pretty bad. This will last me a LONG time!

I'm trying to Purchase one, I'd love to have this filled with Go Juice for my Small Block with a high flow Dominatior Fuel Pump/Regulator combo. If he starts building them again someone please let me know asap!
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still available? I had someone ask me about buying one locally.
DrewMac63

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2015 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewMac63Send a Private Message to DrewMac63Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in desperate need of a replacement gas tank for my 87 GT. The one that came with the car was dry and full of loose rust. Are these aluminum tanks still being made by any chance? If so, how can I order one?
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to get one of these tank if they're still being produced?

Thanks
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are no longer being produced.
I took my tank to a radiator shop and they cleaned it pretty good for $85.
Internet-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

They are no longer being produced.
I took my tank to a radiator shop and they cleaned it pretty good for $85.

I'm not crying. I just have something in my eye. Excuse me, I have to go...
PFF
System Bot
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With such a reasonable demand why were these discontinued. The only thing I could think of was liability issues. With that being said, any chance of buying the plans?
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are still being made. Joe and the builder from what I understand don't talk anymore. A customer of mine purchased a tank from the builder and that's what he was told.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

They are still being made. Joe and the builder from what I understand don't talk anymore. A customer of mine purchased a tank from the builder and that's what he was told.

Who is the builder?
Berlzebub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BerlzebubSend a Private Message to BerlzebubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Who is the builder?

Sunrise Marine Tanks in Venice FL
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one of these for sale. Never been used. PM me.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2017 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, as anyone ever used one of these? Do they work? Any issues?
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2017 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

So, as anyone ever used one of these? Do they work? Any issues?

I put one in my Northstar car, and I had two NPT bungs welded in the back, one up top for return and one down at the bottom for feed. This more or less gives me a rear sump and allows me to run an external Bosch 044 pump. The factory fill and vent ports were roughly in the factory tank location, so no big deal there. I've been extremely happy with it. It fits, it's not rusty AF, it holds more than the factory tank and with the 044, could easily support 500+ turbocharged horseponies. I don't think the tank would take more than an hour to install, especially if you're keeping the factory pump and lines. I didn't end up using the factory tank straps as they won't fit the new tank. I used only the bolt-on brace with ~1/4" rubber sheet between the brace and the tank. I only put 600 miles on the car last year, but they were 600 fuel tank trouble​ free miles.

Bottom line is, if you've got a garbage factory tank and you don't want to screw around with trying to find a clean-ish used replacement; this is a great option.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do have the plans. I downloaded them before the Lambolounge stopped working. Let me know if any one is interested.

I need your email address as they are a zipped folder of word docs.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 11-13-2018).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flimbob:

I have one of these for sale. Never been used. PM me.

PM sent

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 06-17-2017).]

bigdust80

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2018 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bigdust80Send a Private Message to bigdust80Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone ordered a tank recently from Sunrise Marine Tanks? I called and left a message. Hopefully he can make me one, I'm in desperate need of a fuel tank. Had mine repaired with Gas Tank Renu and it's leaking again. This would be the second time I've had to send it back. Figured I'd go new.
PFF
System Bot
v3rm3lx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2018 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v3rm3lxSend a Private Message to v3rm3lxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please post if you get a response from Sunrise. I want a new tank also but it seems like this is another aftermarket item that I was too late to the Fiero world to get.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by v3rm3lx:

Please post if you get a response from Sunrise. I want a new tank also but it seems like this is another aftermarket item that I was too late to the Fiero world to get.

As time goes on new tanks will prove a necessary item. The E10 gas is not promoting gas tank longevity.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have these guys downunder, there must be some place like this in the US.

http://www.stealthwelding.c...es/custom-fuel-tanks
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wgpierce:

We have these guys downunder, there must be some place like this in the US.

http://www.stealthwelding.c...es/custom-fuel-tanks

Well, a quick search turned up these guys...

http://www.boydwelding.com
bigdust80

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2018 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bigdust80Send a Private Message to bigdust80Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunrise never returned my call. I'm going to try and call him again today. Failing that, does anyone have drawings for an aluminum fuel tank?
George P Wood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2018 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hercimer01 says he has the plans dated 6-17-2017.
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2018 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had 2 of these made about 3 years ago. Drove from Dallas to Sunrise in Florida to pick them up. I sold one a year or so ago. I still have one mounted in my 88 swap along with a Deatchwerks DW250il external fuel pump. Will entertain offers on both, but local pickup only. NO SHIPPING!
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2019 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, sadly looks like I'm a few years too late as well.

A few folks mentioned having copies of the original plans for this tank? If anyone could PM me about that, I would appreciate it (already sent a PM out to one of the folks here who said they had them).

Flimbob... if only I had the time and ability to stay awake long enough to drive to Dallas and back to N.C. You could always take it to a pack and ship place, let them deal with it? It also means they take responsibility for the insurance if it's damaged (Since they pack it). I'd be willing to pay a premium for your trouble if I can't get my hands on the plans and find someone local to build it.
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2019 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Hercimer01 for sending me the plans. To my amateur eye, the plans look detailed and complete. So there are now at least two sources that has copies of these files, for anyone that lives near a master welder/shop that is willing to make one for them.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock