Custom Fiberglass parts. by Tha Driver
Started on: 12-02-2010 02:31 AM
Replies: 462 (24050 views)
Last post by: Tha Driver on 08-29-2022 04:24 AM
sergioazevedo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pmed
IP: Logged
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. No one needing parts? Sure would be nice to keep my electric on....
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Bump. No one needing parts? Sure would be nice to keep my electric on....
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

I'm so sorry to see you've fallen on such hard times Paul
I hope and pray you get back on your feet again soon.
Marc

sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
checked usps today about 43 to ship and fedex is 57 if thats the case if u could just double check i am in
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul, hang in there.

In the next couple of weeks I'd like to order one of your hood scoops. It looks like you do great work.

Edit, just a side thought, have you thought about getting into the Corvette community? I think there is a big potential for sales there with fiberglass parts.

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 05-15-2012).]

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul, I have been wanting some of your parts for a while now and its just not in the cards for me at this point. I'm in a bad spot too (probably going to have to sell my fiero bad). Hope you find a way to work it out.

Donnie
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.... Sorry to hear of your issues man. I feel your pain as it is kinda tough for a lot of folks right now. peace

Pete

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul, I definitely have interest in some of your products, just no funds for them right now. Sorry to hear things are so tight, it's like that here too right now.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul, I'd buy something else off of you but I already have your louver collecting dust with no Fiero to bolt it onto

I really love the way that hood vent looks, its similar to the design I was planning to cut into my hood. Definitely matches the lines of the car spectacularly.

I sincerely hope that business picks up for you asap!
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sergioazevedo:

checked usps today about 43 to ship and fedex is 57 if thats the case if u could just double check i am in

Interesting. I tried the USPS website again & with the same parameters it sad $48 (what was it $148 the first time?). They are so screwed up...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts.

Originally posted by doublec4:

Paul, hang in there.

In the next couple of weeks I'd like to order one of your hood scoops. It looks like you do great work.

Edit, just a side thought, have you thought about getting into the Corvette community? I think there is a big potential for sales there with fiberglass parts.

I don't have the time & obviously not the money for materials (not to mention no Corvettes to prototype on) to start making parts to compete with several other companies making parts for the same car. I'm over making parts purely on speculation that they MIGHT sell if I make them. I've only sold three of the decklid louvers after soooo many folks said they wanted them & after I put several hundred $$$ in materials & over 60 hours in the prototype. It's one of the reasons I'm in this hole.
EDIT: Not to get political but with the debt Obama has gotten us into I don't see any hope for the economy to recover any time soon. No one has any money right now.
Thanks again everyone,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 05-16-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a shout out to tell anyone who does not already know.. Paul makes QUALITY stuff.

I just got some parts from fiero fiberglass, which are good parts that did not disappoint, but Paul's far exceeded their quality! His glass is thick and very straight for glass work. He has a nice slick gel coat which was much nicer then fiero fiberglass. His parts i could slap on my white car and just go... lol....

He does top notch work for a fair price. He does it cause he loves these cars and loves to create! Please support him if you can! You will not be disappointed. Once I get my final parts I will being installing his pieces on my fiero! I can't wait! I bought his quarter vents and stm rear scoop.... Whodeanie has my quarters to modify, but had to move his shop, so once he is settled I will go get them and begin my install!

------------------
1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770
"SE" Stormtrooper Edition
Rescued, resuscitated and reversibly modified! (I'm so not done yet!)

Poly all round & Black Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45 on 18x8 (47 offset w/ 8-9mm spacer) 1.5 coils cut off 1984 WS6 springs
Rear: 265/35 on 18x8.5 (45 offset) Coil-overs w/ 10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Everything is the previous owners fault!

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul- make an 84-86 bumperpad fiberglass nose replica with the underneath grill and I will be your first customer.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 05-16-2012).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Paul- make an 84-86 bumperpad fiberglass nose replica with the underneath grill and I will be your first customer.

Yeah... that would only take about 150 hours & $300 in materials...
I'll be glad to make a one-off for you if you have that kind of money.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah... that would only take about 150 hours & $300 in materials...
I'll be glad to make a one-off for you if you have that kind of money.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

What, how much for a custom nose? I just might.

Did you see what i want to do with a nose in my thread?

Want some driving lights in the bumpers, the bumper extended all the way across, a grill in the middle and the trim shaved.
You could make a mold and sell it as the "Tbone Special" bumper nose.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 05-16-2012).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oooo that would look nice. I would do it for $2,200 if you send me your bumperpad to work with (or if I can find one really cheap), but I wouldn't make any money at that.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'll consider it and I know you put a lot of work into the stuff but i don't have enough money for something like that currently with trying to float the business.. but you never know what down the line holds. Thanks
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that you’re having a tough time Paul. You’ve been a big help to me (as well as many others) with advice on how to do body work and paint on my cars. Because of your do’s and don’ts, it’s coming along nicely….slow, as I never seem to have time but eventually it should turn out nice. I wish there was some way I could help you out with your business but I can’t add any more mods to my Formula without putting a H on the nose! When I get back to the GT I’ll probably be getting one of your deck lid louvers, I’ve always wanted one of those going back to the cheap crap ones that came out of Canada. If I had a little spare cash I’d get one now and stash it away for the future. I hope things turn around for you and business picks up.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got the electric covered at least. Now I have to come up with the $60 for internet access - but at least it's not on the verge of being cut off.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
paul should be sending funds within next few days becouse post office is closed due to holiday
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul... Check your PMs.
PFF
System Bot
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got any AFV5002's available? I will take a set. If not "in stock", could they be fabbed and mailed off in a week or two?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:

Got any AFV5002's available? I will take a set. If not "in stock", could they be fabbed and mailed off in a week or two?

I can make them in three days (including drying/curing times). PM sent with info.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is just an inquiry, but what would the cost be for you to make and glass in/install a STM hood vent in a Fiero hood?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

This is just an inquiry, but what would the cost be for you to make and glass in/install a STM hood vent in a Fiero hood?

Not having done one (yet), I really don't know how long it will take... I could guess & say around $200 to cut the hood, make the bonding strips, bond in the vent & finish it out.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump and a pm
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not having done one (yet), I really don't know how long it will take... I could guess & say around $200 to cut the hood, make the bonding strips, bond in the vent & finish it out.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

If I lived closer, I would be all over that! I paid a lil less then half of that for parts alone (Evercoat, SMC adhesive, glazing, sandpaper/primer) to do mine and im not even finished. Not to mention the numeriours hours spent trying to get it right...

Paul,
Duno how long its would take you do it, but I "think" your price is about $100 too low, especially if that includes finishing the under-side...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 05-25-2012).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

If I lived closer, I would be all over that! I paid a lil less then half of that for parts alone (Evercoat, SMC adhesive, glazing, sandpaper/primer) to do mine and im not even finished. Not to mention the numeriours hours spent trying to get it right...

Paul,
Duno how long its would take you do it, but I "think" your price is about $100 too low, especially if that includes finishing the under-side...

Yeah I was thinking labor costs & not finishing the underside - & it's still cheap at that...
As for materials, the only real cost to me would be the 'Vette panel adhesive (about 1/2 a qt.). I wouldn't use up a full cutting disc or a grinding disc, & the sandpaper would only be about $10. Primer wouldn't cost much either since I buy it by the gallon & it wouldn't take a lot for the 2' x 2' area.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
DonP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonPClick Here to visit DonP's HomePageSend a Private Message to DonPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got a new angel scoop yesterday. Thanks Paul! I asked Paul if it was possible to have one of his scoops modified by enlarging the depth of the opening to maximize airflow (this is on a track day Fiero and cooling is a problem) and he did a great job at a price that was very attractive. Thank again Paul.
Bahrbarian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BahrbarianSend a Private Message to BahrbarianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm liking the version in DonP's pic. Just curious, how much for another one of those?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bahrbarian:

I'm liking the version in DonP's pic. Just curious, how much for another one of those?

Right now I'm broke (what else is new? ) so I'll do one for an additional $60.
You will have to cut the trunk sheetmetal.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
PFF
System Bot
Bahrbarian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BahrbarianSend a Private Message to BahrbarianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just making sure, this is a hood vent and you are saying I'll have to cut the hood sheet metal or would I be cutting other metal? I'm not too worried about doing that unless it's something structural. I assume the $60 does NOT include shipping, right? I'd love to see an installed pic DonP

[This message has been edited by Bahrbarian (edited 06-06-2012).]

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just making sure, this is a hood vent and you are saying I'll have to cut the hood sheet metal or would I be cutting other metal? I'm not too worried about doing that unless it's something structural. I assume the $60 does NOT include shipping, right? I'd love to see an installed pic DonP

The metal you would have to cut to fit that hood vent would be the sheet metal on the front of your trunk (in front of the spare tire)...
DonP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonPClick Here to visit DonP's HomePageSend a Private Message to DonPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd love to see an installed pic DonP

So would I. Actually, because this is a Lemons car and therefore by definition cannot look too prepared, we may just rivet the scoop to the hood. That and I have no desire to learn fiberglass skills.

We will actually be cutting the bulkhead even more than you might wish to do on your car. This in an effort to move the scoop further back and make it even more efficient by exposing more radiator surface area. Aesthetics will lose out to function. And I would not do that to a street car.
Bahrbarian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BahrbarianSend a Private Message to BahrbarianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aha. I'm going to do some head scratching tonight and see what I want to do with this. How deep and wide is that opening? Thanks for everyone's input!
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aha. I'm going to do some head scratching tonight and see what I want to do with this. How deep and wide is that opening? Thanks for everyone's input!

The amount of sheet metal that would need to be removed would depend on where vent is mounted. If you mount it close to the nose of the car, the amount of metal removed would be less; further back and more (deeper) would have to be removed...
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The area was opened up around 3+" more. The vent has a 2 1/4" x 18" opening, so it's around 6" x 18" with the mod. I designed the Version 2.0 vent so that you wouldn't have to cut the sheetmetal, 'cause no one wanted to do that for the first vent. With the mod, you'll have to cut the sheetmetal I think around 2" like the original vent (but you'll have to install it & see).
The total including shipping would be $230 for the modified vent.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Bahrbarian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2012 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BahrbarianSend a Private Message to BahrbarianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm... Still liking the DonP version but the no-cutting version is nice too. I'll have to do some more pondering.
sirtimeless

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2012 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sirtimelessClick Here to visit sirtimeless's HomePageSend a Private Message to sirtimelessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a pic of his louvers on a GT?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2012 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm... Still liking the DonP version but the no-cutting version is nice too. I'll have to do some more pondering.

I really need the money if you're interested.

I just got yet ANOTHER money order for a part that I HAVE NO WAY OF CASHING. I just don't get why it's SOOOO hard for folks to understand that I have no way of cashing ANYTHING but a U.S. POSTAL money order. Going to make me late again on my electric bill & my internet is still two months behind. Ruined my whole week if not the whole month.
To our Canadian friends: If you don't have any way to get a U.S. POSTAL money order & can't (or don't want to) send U.S. CASH, please don't bother to ask me to make any parts!
On a side note, I have an STM hood vent made & ready to ship out if anyone wants it. I'll make another one for the guy that sent the wrong money order by the time I find a way to cash it - IF I find a way to cash it.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave