Started on: 12-02-2010 02:31 AM
Replies: 462 (24050 views)
Last post by: Tha Driver on 08-29-2022 04:24 AM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that scoop!!
Good idea, making it shorter. Just noticed that.
I shortened the one that I put on my notchie, but it always juuuust rubbed the window.
Looks like you've taken care of that with the redesign. Nice job!
IP: Logged
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I like that scoop!!
Good idea, making it shorter. Just noticed that.
I shortened the one that I put on my notchie, but it always juuuust rubbed the window.
Looks like you've taken care of that with the redesign. Nice job!

Thanks
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:
Thanks

Forgot to give kudos to you too! Well done!

------------------

Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I can't take any credit for the re-design - just the finish work.
Makes me wonder, though: how bad will my louvers & big scoop hit? I didn't have a way to test fit that aspect... Of course, some struts that don't let it go up quite as far will solve that problem.
With custom work it's usually changing one thing leads to several others.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NEW! I now have the "Slide & Lock" fender vents ready. No molding or body work!
$125 shipped. Check them out on the "Fender Vents" page in the link below.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Donster

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL @ the "patented" remark

\D

------------------
Life Is Good!

psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen these slide and lock vents and they look FANTASTIC!!!! I actually prefer the look over the smooth install version. They have a more, "could have been factory" look. And the quality is same, super-high as always with Paul's work!
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Donster:

LOL @ the "patented" remark

\D

Well I'm a long way from making any money on the fiberglass parts so I have to have a little fun with it somewhere...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got my Angel hood louver today, looks flippin sweet- well worth every penny . Unfortunately the post office got a little too excited with this box and theres a 1cm ding at the bottom. Easy fix though, I can't wait to bond it onto a decklid . I really can't understand why these haven't been selling like hotcakes- they're really well made, look amazing- and functional.

I couldn't get my crappy cam to focus properly, but you get the idea.

Thanks Paul!
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Well I got my Angel hood louver today, looks flippin sweet- well worth every penny . Unfortunately the post office got a little too excited with this box and theres a 1cm ding at the bottom. Easy fix though, I can't wait to bond it onto a decklid . I really can't understand why these haven't been selling like hotcakes- they're really well made, look amazing- and functional.

Thanks Paul!

Thank you for the praise. The little nick will be dealt with when you mold it in - gotta grind that area anyway.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You got it and mhm!

BUY MORE OF PAUL'S PARTS PEOPLE!

lol I had to say it in caps cause it blows my mind how much time and $$$ you lose making parts and then people don't buy em. I appreciate it!
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's louver number two. I haven't gotten a chance to install mine because of house issues with flooding in my township. One thing for sure, Paul's glass work is top notch.

The Riv
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ill probably by the STM hood and decklid scoops soon. You have any plans for more quarter panels? I need a set of the "imsa" style ones from someone, maybe a vette tail panel too

------------------

--Adam-- ASE Certified Technician

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

You have any plans for more quarter panels? I need a set of the "imsa" style ones from someone

Paul makes IMSA qtr panels?

Paul, any pics of them? Price?
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul's parts are second to NONE! I have had the honor to see a lot of his work, and am absolutely in awe of his skill. Once we recover from the fire, having his handy-work on my truck it high atop the list!

Props to Paul. Buy anything he has made with confidence and without hesitation!
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Paul makes IMSA qtr panels?
Paul, any pics of them? Price?

Ummm; no. I don't make anything that others are making. I'm not making any money (yet) on the parts that I've prototyped so far, & I'm not about to start competition with other fiberglass makers. Although... I have started a whaletail; didn't know one was available when I started it.
Having said that, might as well let the cat out of the bag. I am working on 1/4 panels of the same design as my fender scoops. I'm pretty close to having them in primer, & I'll post photos soon. I'll probably make "slide & Lock" versions of them too.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 11-20-2011).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Ummm; no. I don't make anything that other's are making. I'm not making any money (yet) on the parts that I've prototyped so far, & I'm not about to start competition with other fiberglass makers. Although,,,, I have started a whaletail; didn't know one was available when I started it.
Having said that, might as well let the cat out of the bag. I am working on 1/4 panels of the same design as my fender scoops. I'm pretty close to having them in primer, & I'll post photos soon. I'll probably make "slide & Lock" versions of them too.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

I was just about to ask if you could put your first set of fender scoops into my quarter panels for me. Those are the ones that look like '82-'92 Firebird front fender extractor vents. I have a Formula so no ground effects.

Jonathan

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I was just about to ask if you could put your first set of fender scoops into my quarter panels for me. Those are the ones that look like '82-'92 Firebird front fender extractor vents. I have a Formula so no ground effects.

Jonathan

Then you'll love the new 1/4 vents.
I'll try to let you know when I have a photo up of them, & when they're ready for production.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New 1/4 vent prototypes are under primer.
More photos on the "1/4 Panels" page of the website.

~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 11-24-2011).]

wee twisted

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wee twistedSend a Private Message to wee twistedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice driver...good work as usual
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the PM. I love the quarters! They are definately on the list! Did you engineer a way to connect the factory rain-proof intake to them?

Jonathan
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got the PM. I love the quarters! They are definately on the list! Did you engineer a way to connect the factory rain-proof intake to them?

Jonathan

To actually connect it, no. Heck I just got the primer on the prototypes about 3 PM today.
But it really wouldn't need to be connected the way the factory 1/4 was. Mine would pull in more air & it would go into the intake behind it anyway. I suppose you could position the rubber piece at the top of my vent...
What I plan to do is open the 1/4 sheetmetal on both sides so that more air will flow into the engine compartment too.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by wee twisted:

very nice driver...good work as usual

Thanks.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting; post some pics when you have them installed. Kinda hard to gauge there overall look w/o being installed...

Will they work w/ the GT molding?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting; post some pics when you have them installed. Kinda hard to gauge there overall look w/o being installed...

But Al...
Gonna' be a while before there will be photos of these installed. First I have to make the molds, then the parts, then someone has to buy them & install & paint them. Unless of course I get rich & make some & put them on my car along with all the other parts & get it painted. Maybe I can do a photochop.
Yep all my vents work with the GT ground F/X moldings.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To actually connect it, no. Heck I just got the primer on the prototypes about 3 PM today.
But it really wouldn't need to be connected the way the factory 1/4 was. Mine would pull in more air & it would go into the intake behind it anyway. I suppose you could position the rubber piece at the top of my vent...
What I plan to do is open the 1/4 sheetmetal on both sides so that more air will flow into the engine compartment too.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

So I guess you haven't put a set in the mail to me yet? LOL Not to worry. Maybe you could make a three way connector with a long skinny opening that would connect to the quarter and then flow into two exits. One exit for the intake and the other to route to the engine compartment or rear brakes. You could do a similar one on the passenger side that would split into two for the engine and brakes also. Just a thought.

Jonathan

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe you could make a three way connector with a long skinny opening that would connect to the quarter and then flow into two exits. One exit for the intake and the other to route to the engine compartment or rear brakes. You could do a similar one on the passenger side that would split into two for the engine and brakes also. Just a thought.

Jonathan

That would be fairly time consuming to make, & I doubt more than 3 people would ever buy them... (especially with brake ducting). But we'll see.
I'm always available for any custom fabrication, though. If you've got the money I've got the time..
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the price is right, i will take a set of those quarter panels.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

If the price is right, i will take a set of those quarter panels.

I'll get back to you once I determine the price. They're a pain to make I know, although I've only made the molds for the other ones & no parts yet.
I also plan to make "slide & lock" versions of the vents, which will be quite a bit cheaper.
Thanks for the interest,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll get back to you once I determine the price. They're a pain to make I know, although I've only made the molds for the other ones & no parts yet.
I also plan to make "slide & lock" versions of the vents, which will be quite a bit cheaper.
Thanks for the interest,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

I know about fabrications and the trouble of it all. I'm just tired of having to spend 250 here and 300 there. If someone could come up with a good mold - prices would drop (somewhat) and more people would get involved. I understand pricing, but if you get one cut and drilled at around $200, you would sell the crap out of these things.
Nice work so far by the way.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know about fabrications and the trouble of it all. I'm just tired of having to spend 250 here and 300 there. If someone could come up with a good mold - prices would drop (somewhat) and more people would get involved. I understand pricing, but if you get one cut and drilled at around $200, you would sell the crap out of these things.

And ship ours together to save us some postage! LOL

Jonathan
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know what you mean. Right now I'm trying to get my pickup put back together as much as I can, but I need a radiator ($150-$250), exhaust ($250-$350), brakes ($200-$250), windshield & gasket ($200-$250), & a lot of other shtuff & I just don't have the money & very little income. (not to mention primer & paint at around $500-$700)
Then there's the VW. I've been trying to find a used V8 kit for it for about 2 or 3 years now. Only ones that come up are either for automatics or for later model engines. So I need about $750 for it just for an adapter, flywheel, clutch, & starter.
And of course the three Fiero projects, the Z car, etc. etc.
But if you're thinking $200 for BOTH bolt-on 1/4 panels, I can tell you right now it's not gonna' happen. It just takes too much time & the materials cost too much. I'm going to try to do the slide & lock 1/4 vents for around $225 if I can...
Thanks for the interest,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And ship ours together to save us some postage! LOL

Jonathan

Tru that!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009

It just takes too much time & the materials cost too much.
Thanks for the interest,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

i would do them myself but I dont have the means to make a mold, thats why I out-source alot of things.

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 11-26-2011).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i would do them myself but I dont have the means to make a mold, thats why I out-source alot of things.

I know what you mean. If I had a machine shop & an upholstery shop I could do most everything on my cars myself...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's a *quick* photochop of one installed on my Indy.

EDIT: Went back & added the fender vents for a future request (thus interrupting the space-time continuum).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 12-06-2011).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul,

Can/will you make this available with studs, so that it can be bolted on?
It would be going on a fastback if that matters.

(I realize that Gokart added the means to bolt his on. I'm not that skilled with fiberglass/plastic. Been there.)

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Paul,

Can/will you make this available with studs, so that it can be bolted on?
It would be going on a fastback if that matters.

(I realize that Gokart added the means to bolt his on. I'm not that skilled with fiberglass/plastic. Been there.)

Sure I can do that. I didn't offer it as an option as it's a tad time consuming & not a "production" type of thing. But I'm happy to do any custom work that folks want. PM me or email me at ImThaDriver at yahoo & we'll work out the logistics.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

SC_86_GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC_86_GTSend a Private Message to SC_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First I should say "hello" since I am new to the forum. I just bought a set of Paul's "slide & lock" fender vents and all I can say is WOW! Excellent product and a really good guy on top of that. Keep this guy going, he makes really nice stuff for "our" cars.
-Jeff
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Driver must have the slide lock vents but how do i pay you there is no buy it option on your site!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock